It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christian right seeks cultural and political domination

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

the only reason why anyone is concerned about the gov't forcing anyone to buy anything for someone else is because our economy seems to be geared towards creating more poor people that need someone buying them their needs!!!

fix that one and it all goes away for the most part!

edit on 7-7-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Left wing educator 'takes a break' from educating and works 3 months for a store full of right wing employees. He doesn't like it. And he gets to write a left wing blog type article about how awful he found his experience. Something tells me that he knew what he was getting into when he went there and that was the purpose of his taking the job ... so he could write about it and complain about it. Sorry. I'm a conspiracy person and that's what I see ....

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

These radicals continually surprise America for the fact that the mainstream media and casual political observers mistakenly believe these theocrats represent the minority fringe. You cannot sugarcoat the fact that it was a majority of Republicans in Arizona’s Senate who voted for the anti-gay bill. Likewise it was a majority of Republicans in Kansas’ House who voted for a similar bill.

Why do so many not understand that those pushing the "gay" bills do so from their religious viewpoint? From their own judgement that it is right, normal, a matter of 'equality' etc? Which makes them enormous hypocrites for bashing others voting based upon the very same reasons?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What do you think happens when the pendulum swings too far to the left?That`s right and you know the left has baited,sued,denigrated and tried to humiliate anyone with a religious view.
Now you reap what you sow!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think we can all rest easy. The US isn't a corporate theocracy.

We still have a progressive as president.
Unemployment is still high.
Our economy is sill failing.
Our foreign policy is still weak.
The NSA is still spying on us.
The Patriot Act is still in effect.
NDAA is still in effect.

Because one ruling sided for the religious beliefs of a closely held corporation, the leftists are having (what my grandmother once called) "the vapors".

I just wish the left cared this much when the Supreme Court sided with Obamacare.
I wish the left cared this much about the IRS targeting conservative groups.
I just wish the left cared this much about Benghazi.
I wish the left cared this much about "free speech zones".

(beezzer swoons from all the faux drama)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
What do you think happens when the pendulum swings too far to the left?That`s right and you know the left has baited,sued,denigrated and tried to humiliate anyone with a religious view.

Awww poor religious nutters can't handle not being able to control everyone else for the first time in a few thousand years? Tell you what - move to that new islamic state if you want to be involved in such backwards practices, or get used to being humiliated and marginalised. It's the least you deserve.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

But when you demand government to force behavior you don't like in the name of "social justice" like forcing Hobby Lobby to provide 20 forms of birth control instead of the 14 they agree with, you are for big government.

NO.
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT HOBBY LOBBY. It's not about gays/birth control only, either!! It is about RELIGIOUS IMPOSITION

And mostly I'm concerned about the 1% super-rich not being TAXED PERSONALLY, and the Evangelicals trying to push Creationism and leave out real science.

I don't know much about corporate tax law - but I DO know something about how the rich hoard their wealth and would rather walk across hot coals than allow the 'common people' to have enough to live on.

sigh. But if you insist:

I Worked at Hobby Lobby and Saw the Troubling World of Corporate Christianity

July 3, 2014 |

It was the most difficult job I've ever had. I've been a history professor for years, toiled as a graduate assistant before that, and even did a stint as an IT technician. But the three months I worked at Hobby Lobby stocking googly eyes and framing baseball cards takes the cake. I wanted a break from academia but it ended up not being a break at all. I found myself deconstructing and analyzing all aspects of my job -- from the Bible in the break room to the prayers before employee meetings and the strange refusal of the company to use bar codes in its stores. (The rumor amongst employees was that bar codes were the Mark of the Beast, but that rumor remains unsubstantiated.)

? You were the one who brought up Hobby Lobby as an example in your very first original post, so why complain about us discussing it now?

And so? A private entity with a religious theme or atmosphere is not imposition of anything on anyone. Did the government put the Bible in the break room?

Part of a free society is tolerating views and beliefs we do not like, even those of religious people.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

the only reason why anyone is concerned about the gov't forcing anyone to buy anything for someone else is because our economy seems to be geared towards creating more poor people that need someone buying them their needs!!!

fix that one and it all goes away for the most part!

Well, forget "social justice" and let the free market work and we'll have those jobs.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Awww poor religious nutters can't handle not being able to control everyone else for the first time in a few thousand years? Tell you what - move to that new islamic state if you want to be involved in such backwards practices, or get used to being humiliated and marginalised. It's the least you deserve.

For anyone wondering, here is the problem.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Enjoy your swing to the right because it's going to be a short lived victory.
Politics is about perception not reality. The right will now be painted as being
anti gay, anti women, anti minorities, and anti freedom.
Moderation is the key in a Democratic Republic; a fact that seems to have been lost
on extremist from both sides.

Yes the pendulum certainly does swing and sowing the seeds of extremism bears a bitter fruit.
edit on 7-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Maybe some of the homosexual and atheist nutters in the US should do the same. Might give them a different perspective on just how tolerant and enlightened us Christian "religious nutters" in the States are. I mean, if you make it back alive.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

"Awww poor atheist nutters can't handle not being able to control everyone else for the first time in a few thousand years? Tell you what - move to that new islamic state if you want to be involved in such backwards practices, or get used to being humiliated and marginalised. It's the least you deserve."

See what you did there? You're sinking to their level. Bad move.

edit on 7-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Xtrozero

So what is it that they are trying to pull off, I kind of missed that point.

They are trying to pull off FORCING their religion down everyone else's throat.

Perhaps you are unaware of the SC decision that Corporations can give as much money as they want to political figures' campaigns? Because, you know - corporations are "people."

No taxation without representation, right? If an entity is taxed and subject to regulation, why shouldn't it have a say in the political arena?

For anyone wondering, here is the problem.

How was my point incorrect in any way?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

buzzy seems to think only the righty's own corps.

google, microsoft, birkshire hathaway, GE, apple, are all dems.

unions.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

The governmental/corporate bodies & leaders--the conglomerations are all mushed together into a massive globalist machine of extreme wealth and extreme power.

I doubt they really care what label is used for the form of "government."

It's all basically TYRANNY FROM HELL from the foundation up. They see themselves as the elite with an UNdivine "right" to rule the "stupid" serfs and slaves.

They see the serfs and slaves as mostly deserving to be exterminated in behalf of population reduction down to 200-500 million globally. Much safer to keep that many in tyranny than 7 billion.

Besides, they can pretend they are doing it in behalf of 'lord god Mother Nature' and the continuation of mankind.

What deluded dolts.

Their boss, the king of hell, would eat them alive on a whim, if he was a mind to. The lower ranked oligarchy are probably utterly deluded. The upper ranks know they worship satan and are deluded that THAT is going to work out wonderfully for them. Talk about stupidity!

However, I don't think Buzzy is interested in being confused by facts.

I think she enjoys her hostile rants at fantasies.

edit on 7/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: emphasis

edit on 7/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 7/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

It's all basically TYRANNY FROM HELL from the foundation up. They see themselves as the elite with an UNdivine "right"

Their boss, the king of hell, would eat them alive on a whim, if he was a mind to. The lower ranked oligarchy are probably utterly deluded. The upper ranks know they worship satan and are deluded that THAT is going to work out wonderfully for them. Talk about stupidity!

I rest my case...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Their boss, the king of hell...

Wait, who are you saying believe that the Devil is their 'boss'?

edit on 7-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Their boss, the king of hell...

Wait, who are you saying believe that the Devil is their 'boss'?

The government--and people who talk in the theater.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Probably explains why I do not go to the movies.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

However, I don't think Buzzy is interested in being confused by facts.

I think she enjoys her hostile rants at fantasies.

STOP
DECIDING
CLAIMING
LYING
MISREPRESENTING
PROJECTING
WHAT I THINK

JUST STOP.

I am perfectly capable of expressing myself articulately, and strive to do so.

Got it? GOOD.

NOW....go back and look at YOUR posts, Bo. Talk about hostile rants and fantasies....and non-Christian behavior.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Probably explains why I do not go to the movies.

I cannot think of a greater evil.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join