It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christian right seeks cultural and political domination

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

departure from faith in The Lord Jesus had far more to do with relationship angst than with any evidence or lack of evidence.

Again with the "Attachment Disorder" reasoning?

BO - I was very well cared for as a baby - my parents were good ones. As others have said above - I knew at a young age that the Bible stories were fiction. I knew - and I'm saying "KNEW" - that it was propaganda.

By seven or eight, easily. Kneeling in church, looking at my mother beside me bowing her head as low as she could get it while leaning over the pew - reciting that "we are not worthy so much....blah blah....have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed....blah blah....have done things we shouldn't, and left things undone that we should have done...blah blah...I'm a piece of crap. Blah."

You expect a little kid to buy into that? No. Just - no.
As a CHILD, my reaction was "What? Wait! I try to be good - I do as I'm asked - and STILL I'm unworthy?" As an older person, my reaction was "MEH."

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I answer.
With song.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You were there. I wasn't.

I just have not observed such feelings and attitudes in those of my face to face awareness without such a flaw in the works somewhere those years.

And, I've known plenty of folks, as likely you have, who insisted their childhood was wonderful . . . but which other relatives insisted otherwise.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
I just have not observed such feelings and attitudes in those of my face to face awareness without such a flaw in the works somewhere those years.

Are you insinuating that only people with an attachment disorder remove themselves from organized religion?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not really. Certainly not theoretically.

I just can't think of any in my personal experience face to face where that seemed to be the case.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I just can't think of any in my personal experience face to face where that seemed to be the case.

Your anecdotal life experiences have just come into contact with at least two people that are within the parameters of having left organized religion and do not have an attachment disorder.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Hey BO. Did you miss my question I had for you a couple pages back???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

It seems to have become a catchall lately.
Saw earlier someone saying the problem with police officers was that a lot of them have "attachment disorder"......

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Have been pondering your question and my answer.

I think what I was keying in on . . . I have not met any in face to face relationships which left organized religion

WITH a hostile, negative, gritch, angst etc. about it all

WHO did NOT ALSO have significant levels of attachment disorder.

I have known lots of still authentic believers who left organized denominations but who are still Christians and probably better ones than many left in the organized denominations.

I'll take y'all's word for it. I haven't lived around either one of you. LOL.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Your anecdotal life experiences have just come into contact with at least two people that are within the parameters of having left organized religion and do not have an attachment disorder.

Intelligence is why I left organized religion.

What does attachment/detachment disorder have to do with anything? Sounds like an invented excuse to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Welllllllllll, it is difficult to think of a psychological problem that's NOT physiologically based . . . which plagues relationships so horribly

which does NOT originate in serious attachment disorder.

It IS a VERY FOUNDATIONAL problem with far reaching impacts and is epidemic in the culture and the industrialized areas around the world.

Yes, it IS one of my main hobby horses BECAUSE I hate seeing individuals, families, work places and the culture SOOOO UTTERLY DEVASTATED because of it. So, I want to try my best to wake as many up to the realities involved as possible. And they ARE pervasive and far reaching into every area of life.

... including the ones the OP is about.

edit on 10/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sorry. But I'm not greatly impressed with your discernment or assessments in such matters.

I think your fiercely independent biases have driven your choices rather screamingly.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If that WESTBORO guy EVER got elected I would buy a .50 cal and do my duty,however the whole game isn't ALL in human hands I think I am by no means positive but no MAN could control all of this.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Sorry. But I'm not greatly impressed with your discernment or assessments in such matters.

I think your fiercely independent biases have driven your choices rather screamingly.

Hyperbole?

Didn't know my no frill statements were designed to impress.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

WITH a hostile, negative, gritch, angst etc. about it all.

I certainly cannot speak for you (see how that works?) but if I feel I have gotten scammed I am usually a bit pissy about it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
War and years of life can change you a great deal. NOT NOW of course we were ALL know it alls before 35 then EVERYTHING jumps you and reality forges the finished product. It can be DIVERTED and mitigated but in the end denying what is correct bites ones posterior.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Anne is a lot older than you think....
What is correct? and you know this how? or is it just faith?.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Please stop playing armchair psychologist.
You're not qualified..........

You're reducing psychology to a way to call people names.

edit on 10-7-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

Please stop playing armchair psychologist.
You're not qualified..........

You're reducing psychology to a way to call people names.

Actually BO XIAN is qualified !!!

edit on Jul-10-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I highly doubt that considering.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join