It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christian right seeks cultural and political domination

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: manna2

SIGH.

Where people understand that THE DOMINIONISTS are of the same ilk as radical ANYONEs who want to use religious dogma to legislate and control...THAT is what the painting is about.

How many times do I have to write it down for you, manna?

I am talking about ONE GROUP of people who identify as Christians. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ALL CHRISTIANS.

edit on 7/10/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

You just want to redirect traffic to suit your personal agenda.

I'm trying to keep the thread ON TOPIC. The TOPIC is not the Satanic Cabal that BO is fixated upon.

It is about THE DOMINIONISTS. The Dominionists are NOT the "Satanic Globalist Illuminati Cabal" that some imagine. They are NOT "Agenda 21." We did cross that street, many pages back...

Its not the dominionists we should fear. Its the idiots that equate everyone they dont like to being westboro baptists inevery other post

Nice try. What are you, a middle-schooler? NO. You are a grown person. Don't call me an idiot. Try to calm down enough to read. Even BO managed that. (And also try to break up your walls of text into readable sections, please.)
so you want us to stay focused on the narrow view you are fixated on? I am sorry, you are the extremist in this thread. You exagerate everything you say always demonizing those you fear and equating every dissenting view inthe predetermined box you prepared forthem.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

so you want us to stay focused on the narrow view you are fixated on? I am sorry, you are the extremist in this thread. You exagerate everything you say always demonizing those you fear and equating every dissenting view inthe predetermined box you prepared forthem.

Okkay. So, a good night's sleep and a couple of days' reflection doesn't improve your debating skills.
Point taken.

YOU want to stay focused on bashing ME. I'm an "extremist" for trying to keep the thread on topic, which topic is THE DOMINIONIST agenda? Gimme a break. Go hate on me while you do something else. You're missing the point, doing so deliberately, and if you do it one more time, I will report you again.

The thread, manna2, is focused on The New Apostolic Reformation and The Seven Mountain Dominionists. You want to vote for them? Go vote for them! I've given you their names! Write to them, tell them you're totally on board and want to be a Dominionist. Join their clubs, run for seats on their boards of directors - donate to them, whatever you want to do. (Just to spite me!, if that will make you feel better!) Then see what happens.
edit on 7/10/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

SIGH. (Huffy sigh).

Where people understand that THE DOMINIONISTS are of the same ilk as radical ANYONEs who want to use religious dogma to legislate and control.

How many times do I have to write it down for you, manna?

I am talking about ONE GROUP of people who identify as Christians. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ALL CHRISTIANS.

but you have allready defined who you believe a "true" Christian is and equate everyone else as extreme. And your definition is more liberal than westboro is fascist. Its you that is attempting to dictate what others are and what they believe and demonize them with broad strokes encompassing all. In fact, except for a few examples you havenot shown where the extremist conservative threat really is. You make HUGE assumptions about what might happen butlets faceit, what we have now is nothing but despair in front of us.

and that is the result of a liberal social agenda.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

but you have allready defined who you believe a "true" Christian is and equate everyone else as extreme.

A lie, and off-topic. Reported.

Its you that is attempting to dictate what others are and what they believe and demonize them with broad strokes encompassing all. In fact, except for a few examples you havenot shown where the extremist conservative threat really is.

Bull#.

I've given plenty of sites and references for ANYONE interested in learning more to look at. I've even seen quite a bit of mutual ground discovered!

Look, I'm done defending myself to you. I'm hanging up on you now. Bu bye.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Annee

He referenced far more than merely his own ideas.

I don't QUITE understand your ignoring his fitting references to tangible evidences.

Sigh.

Probably because I did the same thing.

I was Christian. I even wanted to be a minister when I was young. But, I needed facts. Facts separate reality from myth. My quest resulted in atheism.

I compare the Jesus mythology to the Johnny Appleseed mythology. Both were real men IMIO.

There isn't much on Greenleaf. Those supporting him are theologians, except for this:

Simon Greenleaf was an early 19th Century lawyer who wrote a good book on Evidence. We don’t use it anymore. He used information which is now outdated to substantiate his own belief. He wasn’t an atheist; he wasn’t convinced by the evidence. He already believed and looked for support. sandwichesforsale.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

In terms of legislating behavior - a "Liberal" is someone who does NOT want that. They want gays and pot-smokers, women, children, the disabled, people of color, the poor, etc. to be protected. They want equality...and to ensure that no one slips through those cracks...

allowing diversity, accepting it, and protecting everyone from fascist/ham-fisted control - we both want that.

Yep, that's me. Social liberal, fiscal conservative. There's lots of desert for tent cities --- for anyone who doesn't want to work and contribute to society.

I totally 100% support a government sponsored national healthcare. A healthy, educated nation is a strong nation.

However, I would include free contraceptives of all kinds and free abortions. Not covering abortions is religious rule as far as I'm concerned.

Too many God believers think God wants us to keep pumping out babies, even with over population --- because God wants it --- "God will provide" --- there's no logic in that.

People, especially Right Wingers complain about immigrants (legal or not) taking over the country. It's no different to me then pumping out your own mind controlled Dominion army.

Sad, that the more intelligent, and better educated have fewer children. Also, they tend to be more logical and least affected by god mythology. The people that should be in control will be outnumbered.

It's really damn scary knowing those who are believers in myth, oppressive of women, and want to keep pumping out babies whether they will be provided for or not --- are the MAJORITY.

edit on 10-7-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

1. Sounds like you have lots of confirmation bias refs . . .

2. I'd guess that your . . . departure from faith in The Lord Jesus had far more to do with relationship angst than with any evidence or lack of evidence.

3. I'd guess that your relationship angst left you with a fairly fierce drive to . . . extremely do your own thing.

4. God tends to allow that to happen. He's not into strong arming folks into RELATIONSHIP with Him.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

1. Sounds like you have lots of confirmation bias refs . . .

2. I'd guess that your . . . departure from faith in The Lord Jesus had far more to do with relationship angst than with any evidence or lack of evidence.

3. I'd guess that your relationship angst left you with a fairly fierce drive to . . . extremely do your own thing.

4. God tends to allow that to happen. He's not into strong arming folks into RELATIONSHIP with Him.

You believe in a myth, I don't.

There are facts (in actual date time) that support the existence of a man named Jesus (very common name for that era) --- who is suggested to be the man the myth was built around. Just like Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman) was a real man myth was built around.

The older I get, the more atheist I become.

Don't waste your preaching on me.

edit on 10-7-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Just like Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman) was a real man myth was built around.

And they both did magic with food.

Coincidence? I think not.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just like Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman) was a real man myth was built around.

And they both did magic with food.

Coincidence? I think not.

Magic with food?

Please tell me this is meant as satirical.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Magic with food?

Of course.

Why would one guy get to be a prophet for multiplying sushi and the other is not even though he made abundantly more apples?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Magic with food?

Of course.

Why would one guy get to be a prophet for multiplying sushi and the other is not even though he made abundantly more apples?

LOL
Love the sushi take on it.

I like reading biographies. Getting real facts on those "famous" names that get thrown around a lot.

John Chapman was one of the more interesting ones. And, yep, he did travel around developing apple orchards.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

LOL

If they handed out Hamachi crudo instead of desiccated wafers for Communion I may well remained a Catholic.

Oh, and sake.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

LOL

If they handed out Hamachi crudo instead of desiccated wafers for Communion I may well remained a Catholic.

Oh, and sake.

Well don't do Mormon, they use water and bread crumbs.

My gramma tried her best to make me Catholic. I remember about age 5, I stood up on the pew, looked around at all the gaudiness of the church and the candles being marched down the aisle. I turned to my gramma and stated loudly: "Does God really need all this?" She was not amused.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

My gramma tried her best to make me Catholic. I remember about age 5, I stood up on the pew, looked around at all the gaudiness of the church and the candles being marched down the aisle. I turned to my gramma and stated loudly: "Does God really need all this?" She was not amused.

My wake up moment was when I was 7 and we travelled to the Vatican. I saw all the gilt ceilings and walls as well as the gold-covered Popes and thought why are they not using the gold to help people?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It's not really news though, is it? It's been going on for centuries.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Until you die, then he starts up the eternal hellfire. He also says he's going to kill anyone who doesn't follow him when he returns.

He's like the abusive husband who says "go ahead and leave", then beats the # out of you, and locks you in the basement.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Damn glad to meet you!!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

That's why it isn't posted in "news."
Still, there is a plethora of citizenry who remain unaware that it is happening.

My aim is to get the word out.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join