It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colours and Religious meanings.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
actually all the colors combined equal black. try it with crayons and paper. the absence of color is obviously nothing. may i also remind you that our vision of reality is limited as we are just humans.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You're supposed to. They were designed to garner attention. a reply to: deadeyedick

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I suspect that the fabric of time could be accessed through colors and chemicals and cloth. I have said it before here but if you look at every story of jesus healing you will find reference of cloth in some form.
edit on 6-7-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It doesn't work with crayons only with light. Sorry but yours is a common misconception.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
Black = no color white=all colors.

a reply to: vjr1113

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
True about vision. It is limited by the nerves that carry an electrical impulse. Then it's subject to interpretation based on similar experience. That's why the same culprit can be described as both tall and average, with a mustache or with a beard. Or with glasses or without. n reply to: vjr1113

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
To clarify the color issue. You get a rainbow when you break up a ray of light. A ray of light is white. So the colors are revealed by breaking up the light. White is all those colors put back together. What you see is what ever part of the spectrum is being reflected. So you see blue when everything but blue is absorbed. Blue is what is reflected.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I never noticed that. Do you have an example?a reply to: deadeyedick

link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Blue is what is reflected.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

well i suppose color =/= light
i would define black as a color.
darkness does not equal light, the opposite of light IS darkness
the opposite of color is no color.
i think there is a problem with our terms here

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You're supposed to. They were designed to garner attention. a reply to: deadeyedick

I'm thinking that they also have planetary orgin and destination meanings that are over looked.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I never noticed that. Do you have an example?a reply to: deadeyedick

Pick up you bedroll and walk.
Someone tugged on his robe and was healed by faith
one kneeling on the garments tabitha made healed her from death
it just goes on and on just look in the verses around the miricles and you will find cloth.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Colors I think do have meaning but depends on the culture and sometimes the person. Most people might view black as bad in some way, symbolising death or whatnot. White could be seen as good, light, illuminating things, revealing the hidden, etc etc. I personally though view black as the 'good' color and white as the 'bad' color, black is open and accepting, it takes in all things and refuses none. White is stuck up, it might take things in for a bit but in the end they all get tossed back out, nobody accepted, nobody allowed to enter. Really though any extreme I consider bad, take in all and put out nothing, that's bad, take in nothing and put out all, that's bad to. Mix is good and means full existence, give and take. Although sometimes, like right now in summer, black to me just means 'jesus christ almighty i'm burning up' and white means i'm more comfortable and sweat less haha. I have noticed things being different at times depending on colors though, I get more compliments on things and attention from random people if I wear red or yellow for example, if i'm in lots of blue people seem a bit more 'carefree' and calmer and such interacting with me, if i've got gray on seems more apathy and just goin along, etc etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Colours( Or Colors in some cases) can have many different meanings. Whether it symbolical with certain figures in cultures to express characteristics/attitudes, or even meant to express feelings in some cases.

A light red could be used to symbolize love, while a dark one could represent rage. While a Light blue could be used to feel cool or calm, while a dark blue could represent sadness in some cases. One could view colour in anyway they wish really, and I do see it being used in religion quite extensively. Hell, a nations pride, and expression usually based on a coloured flag for that matter.

Now when looking at Hebrew myths, two colours do seem to go hand and hand. Red and white. Cherubs, Seraphims are often associated with Red or Gold( which look great together anyways) which again could be a symbol of authority. Then there is Lucifer, whom is of a white scheme, which could represent purity(or purification).

And the two colours do have some revelant meaning in Christianity, however, it has switched in other words. Im not gonna to indepth about, but how Lucifer changed in depiction is a weird. The red devil, with a trident and hooves is said to be an image mocking the devil which slowly took over as time went on.

And here my prove of it.

Hummm

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
In modern Catholicism, Maroons probably their fav. Colour, since Jesus was said to have wore a maroon robe, that was said to strangle the guard that killed him with a spear.

They use it for ranking though, however, some religions don't bother with colored ranking. Some may only use it just to represent a certain group, like speakers of different families.
edit on 6-7-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

So are you saying that the Sun god Ra and YSHV "Yeshua" (Christian God "God") are the same?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Scarlet can have dual symbolism in Christianity - it can mean the blood of Christ or sin. Neat, huh?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18115028]Onion88

Yes and No.

To put it simply, there are many Sun Gods...But there is only one Sun.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

True about vision. It is limited by the nerves that carry an electrical impulse. Then it's subject to interpretation based on similar experience. That's why the same culprit can be described as both tall and average, with a mustache or with a beard. Or with glasses or without. n reply to: vjr1113

Actually if you mix all the paint colours together, I'm pretty sure it would be black. Only works on paper though, but your correct about light going through a prism, turning into a rainbow.
Also the three primary colours are Red, Blue, and Yellow, just like how there are Red giants, Yellow Sun, and white/blue Dwarf Stars. Although I heard that its only a tint really.

Also, Red and blue can be more attractive in different times of the day, this is why some cop cars have red and blue lights.
edit on 6-7-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The Devil was White After all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join