It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim asking question and then wishes she hadn't! Great response :)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: HauntWok

I think your anger is misplaced, it is the government stirring the poo

I think you will find the nation people do a pretty good job too. This site is full of it.

This site is full of it because of propaganda, and we eat up what they dish out.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
I'm sick of the intolerance, and I refuse to be tolerant of them.

The one thing I have noticed is that the left is rarely, if ever, tolerant of others beliefs.

Hmmmm....sounds a lot like Islam and even communism.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
NVM

Deleted post
edit on 6-7-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Exactly what is happening here the heritage foundation is pushing this propaganda.

Lies upon lies. Forcing or conservative friends to be even more frightened in a world they are too scared of already.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Exactly what is happening here the heritage foundation is pushing this propaganda.

Lies upon lies. Forcing or conservative friends to be even more frightened in a world they are too scared of already.

Being frightened, and acknowledging that fright helps a person move forward.

Any one who threatens me and mine to think, or abdicate to another way of thought when it is not my own, will face resistance.

And I will make them fear me.

What goes around, comes around.

But I will be fighting for freedom of thought...not the subjugation of it.
edit on 6-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Sorry but asking 38,000 people hardly backs up the numbers you claim. Also from your first link.

According to the authors of the report, entitled, “The World's Muslims: Religion, Politics and Society,” most of those who favor sharia as the law of the land do not believe Islamic law should apply to non-Muslims.

Going by your reasoning the people that keep crying about sharia have nothing to worry about if they are not Muslim. So the lady from the Foundation was lying her butt off huh?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

But I will be fighting for freedom of thought...not the subjugation of it.

well at least you see how you will go

What goes around, comes around

and it will keep going round and round because of this type of ideology, let me quote

Any one who threatens me and mine to think, or abdicate to another way of thought when it is not my own, will face resistance. And I will make them fear me.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: DarknStormy
So what? If they want Sharia Law in their countries they should be entitled too it.

They don't keep the bronze age nonsense confined within their borders. The goal is global caliphate with non muslims on the losing end. And considering the extreme ignorance that comes with sharia and caliphate ... it is something that should be of concern to everyone who wants freedom of/from religion and freedom of speech and womens rights.

They do keep it in their borders until another nation like America sticks it's nose in where it doesn't belong. One nation does not have the right to tell another nation how it should be run.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

So what? If they want Sharia Law in their countries they should be entitled too it.

They don't keep the bronze age nonsense confined within their borders. The goal is global caliphate with non muslims on the losing end. And considering the extreme ignorance that comes with sharia and caliphate ... it is something that should be of concern to everyone who wants freedom of/from religion and freedom of speech and womens rights.

They do keep it in their borders until another nation like America sticks it's nose in where it doesn't belong. One nation does not have the right to tell another nation how it should be run.

You are absolutely right! Every dictator should be allowed to slaughter all of his citizens if he chooses to.
Would not bother me a bit.
We should close every foreign soil military base and bring all the soldiers home to kick out all the illegals and guard the border. Let the rest of the world take care of it self.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What a load of hot air spewing from Brigitte, while I don't disagree with everything she says she certainly said it the wrong way. Then she, SHE: Brigitte Gabriel has the nerve to question the U.S. Citizenship of this poor young woman, when ole two-tongue Brigitte didn't even move to the U.S until her late 20's. Give me a break, funny sounding accent she got there for a U.S Citizen isn't it, I didn't realize Lebanon was a burrough of New York.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
Not very familiar with Islam, are you Buster? According the Koran, the infidel is to be exploited and persecuted until the endtimes, at which point the 'good' Muslims will help Allah slaugter those who remain. History shows that radicalized Muslim societies are not content to stay within their own political borders.

This thread is about the radical minority of Muslims who interpret literally the violent instructions contained in the Koran, and seek to fulfill their destinies by mass-murder. Unfortunately for the world, that minority is large enough to pose serious threat.
edit on 6-7-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Yep. Bin Laden was determined to attack America only after we started interfering with more frequency in the Middle East and making alliances with the Saudis. Just imagine if the tables were turned, which in a way is what some people are so very afraid of, but that fear is of their own making really. Actions have consequences/

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: motthoople
while I don't disagree with everything she says she certainly said it the wrong way. Then she, SHE: Brigitte Gabriel has the nerve to question the U.S. Citizenship of this poor young woman...funny sounding accent she got there for a U.S Citizen isn't it...

You condemn her statements because her response was not 'politically-correct,' even though you agree to an extent?

She was not questioning citizenship, but establishing it for the purpose of debate. The conference was about the Benghazi incident, not Muslim affairs.

How accents or nationality have anything to do with the topic is beyond me. Ideology can be translated.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

*sigh*

So few people seem to recognize that history goes back further than 1975. Yet, so many insist on playing the chicken-or-the-egg game.
edit on 6-7-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Ask Brigitte how Nationality and Citizenship, 2 different things thank you, has anything to do with this young ladies question, as she herself was foaming at the mouth in anticipation of holding it against her.

I couldn't care less if she was politically correct, nor did I say any such thing. I simply implied she lacks courtesy, tact, and actual historical facts in her argument, none of which are a sign of intelligent discourse.

Personally, I don't need history nor philosophical debates dictated to me by some Bimbo whose only qualification as a 'journalist' is that she attended a year long course at a local YWCA on business administration.
edit on 6-7-2014 by motthoople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

While the extremists may be few in number, they command a healthy fear among many.

That's because peaceful people don't tend to want to harm others, prefer a measured and balanced response to problems rather than a kneejerk, and usually unwise one..they recognise their religion or ideology expects, requires and in most cases actually command them to be peaceful and harmless, and most certainly not the opposite.

Extremists are well...extreme. Both in their behaviour and in their interpretation of morality and the correct treatment of their fellow Human beings prescribed by their professed religious teachings, and of course simply being a member of the Human species..they apparently value Human life significantly lower than they ought to.

In short...the extremists, even if they are in a small minority, are the ones most likely to kill you and are considered 'the ones to look out for'.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

*sigh*

So few people seem to recognize that history goes back further than 1975. Yet, so many insist on playing the chicken-or-the-egg game.

Sort of like Iran hasn't started a war in over 200 years, yet for some reason the U.S. and/or Israel are dead set on starting one with them?

Sort of like WWI, a peace to end all peace?

It's not a game/

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: motthoople
It didn't appear to me that Bridgette intended to use the woman's nationality or citizenship against her. These two women have a history of sparring at public events. Bridgette was simply establishing that, being a US citizen, the woman in the audience should be concerned about a 300-million-strong army of radicals who wish to see Western societies fall along with the freedoms they offer.

Bridgette is far from the only person sounding the alarm over the extremist Muslim threat. Her professional credentials are not very persuasive, but 20 years in a Muslim-dominated country gives her an awareness and perspective on the matter which you could not hope to obtain.

Your complaint about a lack of facts is ignorant; most of what Bridgette stated was fact. Your complaints over tact and courtesy are hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

*sigh*

Sort of like Iran hasn't started a war in over 200 years, yet for some reason the U.S. and/or Israel are dead set on starting one with them?

Sort of like WWI, a peace to end all peace?

It's not a game/

Iran hasn't started a war because they can't. They are too weak to do so. But they can and do wage proxy wars. Try reading. The Library is filled with all sorts of verified documents that refute your nonsensical claims.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Your complaints over tact and courtesy are hypocritical.

I'd agree if they were speaking during a 1 to 1 and not recorded. No need for false tact and courtesy, when they both dislike each other and have argued in the past..but this was recorded and aired on what is essentially worldwide TV.

I'd say a little courtesy and tact were called for, when comments and attitudes shown on TV and seen by millions, can inflame matters and create further angst, and miss an opportunity to create conditions for cooler heads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join