It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim asking question and then wishes she hadn't! Great response :)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
The Heritage Foundation just pulls facts out of their ass.

OR .. they just post factoids that you don't like. I suppose it all depends on your definition of 'extremist'. Would you call sharia-law muslims who want to chop off hands of children and stone to death adulterers and homosexuals to be extremist? Would you call Muslims who don't allow free speech or free religion to be extremist? I would. 60-75% of Middle East Muslims want that.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The question was: Waaahhhh ... why are you picking on all Muslims when the majority are peaceful?

See? That wasn't the question at all. That was a statement. The question was about fighting the ideology with weapons.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The question was: Waaahhhh ... why are you picking on all Muslims when the majority are peaceful?

See? That wasn't the question at all. That was a statement. The question was about fighting the ideology with weapons.

I think the panelist's point was : I see the common politically correct defense you're trying to establish, so I don't care which way you've posed your question, I see right frikkin' through it ... and here's your response.

Am I wrong?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Both Snarl and BH are correct.
The Muslim woman made both a statement and a question at the same time.
The statement part - 'why are you picking on Muslims when the majority are peaceful.
The question - Address the ideology and how do you fight it.

The womans insinuation/statement that most Muslims are peaceful so Islam isn't a problem was addressed. And the statement back did a good job of slapping it down. The 'peaceful majority' in history have turned out to be irrelevant because they do nothing to stop the radicals.

The womans discussion about ideology didn't get addressed. And the ideology question is a hard one to answer. How do you fight an 'idea'?? Answer ... with another 'idea'. (That's from some movie I saw .. I can't remember which)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
We are all irrelevant, I don't see this ending well.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

OR .. they just post factoids that you don't like.

No they have been proven wrong time and time again. They are the ones that helped to push America to attack Iraq and everything they said was proven wrong. Not to mention they did a great job when they dreamed up the ACA.

Would you call sharia-law muslims who want to chop off hands of children and stone to death adulterers and homosexuals to be extremist?

The American government has no problem with this if we did then we wouldn't be supporting Saudi Arabia now would we?

Would you call Muslims who don't allow free speech or free religion to be extremist?

They are extremist just like the extremist Republican and Democratic parties who don't allow free speech at their conventions.

60-75% of Middle East Muslims want that.

Let's see some proof of that number.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I think the panelist's point was : I see the common politically correct defense you're trying to establish, so I don't care which way you've posed your question, I see right frikkin' through it ... and here's your response.

Am I wrong?

I think the panelist was so pissed off at the Muslim woman saying that they were ALL portrayed as "bad" that she unloaded on her, without regard for the actual question.

I can't say I would have responded much differently. All Muslims are NOT portrayed as bad. But many people do judge Muslims based on what the radical minority does. And that same judgment is leveled at us (Americans) by other countries because our "radical" government and military are out there killing people right and left.

I have serious doubts that the panelist's numbers are accurate. If there were 300 million radical Muslims, the would would be under Muslim rule already.

Great discussion, but I gotta go.

edit on 7/6/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Addressing ideology requires a open mind. Some Jihadists have converted to more peaceful ways, as have others who converted to Islam to more violent means.

The war for the mind will always be endless.

The few extremists right now control the fear in their own and to a degree others populations. How does anyone change their minds? At the moment, I'm thinking a well placed sniper shot to the head. That'll at least change their minds from interior to exterior.

Islam respects strength...and right now they don't see it from anyone. So the extremists will keep pushing the envelope until some one says enough is enough. Hopefully that will come from within Islam itself...but I doubt it. No time soon anyways.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
here is why it went down like that.

Additionally, Brigitte pointed out that instead of showing concern about Benghazi, the questioner took the limelight to make a point about peaceful, moderate Muslims. “It is time we take political correctness and throw it in the garbage where it belongs!” The woman replied “as a peaceful American Muslim, I would like to think I’m not that irrelevant.” Moderator Chris Plante, jokingly asked “[W]ho is head of the Muslim peace movement?” to which the woman replied “I guess it’s me right now” and the audience applauded.

also this activist is well known.

So who is was the Muslim woman in the audience and is she irrelevant?

As it turns out, the woman’s name is Saba Ahmed and she was not just some innocuous audience member who happened to show up at a Heritage Foundation event.

Saba was born in Pakistan and moved to Portland Oregon at age 12. She has numerous academic degrees and a particular interest in protecting the Islamic Ummah from America’s “useless wars.” She feels so passionately about this that while in Portland, she became very active in Democrat politics for years, even making an unsuccessful bid for congress in 2012. As a candidate, her priority was to bring home all American troops and cut military spending. “There is no need for them to be in foreign countries”… “Drone attacks in Pakistan and Afghanistan are hurting our long term national security and will come back to haunt us.”

After obtaining less than ½ percent of the vote, Saba switched her registration to Republican. But her ideology hadn’t changed. She marched in Occupy Portland, which had a large anti-Israel component, and was a featured speaker. She argued that the Muslim world hates America and therefore America should change her policies. She explained that Muslims in foreign countries are suffering as a result of U.S. policies and don’t have a voice. “We are their voice here in the United States”, she proclaimed.

saba ahmed didn't care what the panel was talking about, she had an agenda and was smacked down.

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Ok, so she half answered the question. The easy part, the one where she could break out all the emotional strings to tug on and get the audience to cheer for her. As this was a Heritage Foundation thing(or was that posted incorrectly, I couldn't see the words in the video, wasn't wearing my glasses) I'm not surprised at the actions of the panelist. Par for the course when concerning the HF. They are good at propaganda.

So she goes on a tirade, basically berating this lady for asking a question and only "answers" half of it. Figures. I guess we are supposed to keep our mouths shut as our leaders and their beloved propagandist think-tanks tell us what we are supposed to think. Don't ask questions or you will get verbally abused, tased or beaten.

a reply to: tsingtao

Seriously? I'll take her agenda over the HF's agenda any day.
edit on 7/6/2014 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Here's my poke at the question: How do you fight an ideology with weapons? You slaughter everyone you have a doubt in. Seems to be a strategy that's working very well for the Muslim extremists at the moment, too.

Everyone knows that is the proper way to go about it. I have a better solution, which is just as unappealing.

As for the numbers, I don't see them as relevant from the 100,000 ft perspective. The numbers are enough to change the political landscape of an exceptionally large region.

People who thrive on strategic combat have got to be loving this. People who thrive on the value of war will never bring this to a close.

ETA: FWIW, I don't think the numbers are actually that high either. I also don't think all Muslims can be defined as either "extremist" or "not extremist." Muslims are individuals, just like all of us. There may be one small aspect of Islam that they'll take to an extreme and be a moderate on every other 'issue' ... until there's a gun pointed at them, or a gun shoved into their hands.
edit on 672014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Let's see some proof of that number.

Pew Templeton Research

Reuters - Many in Muslim Lands Want Sharia

REUTERS - Large majorities in the Muslim world want the Islamic legal and moral code of sharia as the official law in their countries, but they disagree on what it includes and who should be subject to it, an extensive new survey says.

Over three-quarters of Muslims in the Middle East and North Africa, South Asia and Southeast Asia want sharia courts to decide family law issues such as divorce and property disputes, the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life said on Tuesday.

Views on punishments such as chopping off thieves' hands or decreeing death for apostates is more evenly divided in much of the Islamic world, although more than three-quarters of Muslims in South Asia say they are justified.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

So what? If they want Sharia Law in their countries they should be entitled too it.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Maybe part of the point here is how about we just fight the bad guys and zealots with bad ideologies that tread on others without worrying about and arguing about and getting distracted about what religion they are or aren't? Because the intelligence numbers would also surely "prove" that there are plenty of those across the board, no?

And I vehemently and strongly disagree. The good guys ARE f**cking relevant. Spouting strongly and emotionally spoken words and random facts like this ignorant woman does is what marginalizes the relevant, including the 85%-90% (sic) relevant Muslims.

It is because the relevant were trivialized and called conspiracy freaks or insane and ignored by world leaders, the MIC, and the rich and their mouthpieces that the very atrocities that this woman speaks of made them "irrelevant."
edit on 7/6/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I think that the majority are irrelevant is because they are quiet and don't stand up to others who would wage war for their own gain and power.

That poem comes to mind here.

They are irrelevant and have made themselves so just due to their silence.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

It looks like a study has been done in the UK estimating it at 91 million extremists. Now does that mean those who could commit violent acts or just supporters like many who support political parties blindly..... Noumerous studies....
edit on 6-7-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex
But those who will get their way at all costs, the opportunists, the greedy, the corrupt, are excellent at marginalizing and demonizing those who stand against them and people notice that too and it subconsciously affects us all. Look at just about any whistleblower and all the dead scientists.

Yes, there is strength in numbers, but enter one of their other strategies, which is to divide us about sh*t like this that doesn't in the end really matter. As is very well exemplified in this video.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Hongkongphooey

Wow, she really knew her stuff! Her response was very intelligent and compelling! Who was this lady? She had more gonads than the men in that room! What I liked about her response is she backed it up with facts. She makes a case for countries all over the world to put their differences aside and join together to bury this radical ideology for the protection of peace loving people everywhere. Star & flag for posting this video!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

I disagree,

this activist was able to get the eugenics heritage foundation to go on record. that way they can be fact checked. Which we all know is doom for conservatives.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
So what? If they want Sharia Law in their countries they should be entitled too it.

They don't keep the bronze age nonsense confined within their borders. The goal is global caliphate with non muslims on the losing end. And considering the extreme ignorance that comes with sharia and caliphate ... it is something that should be of concern to everyone who wants freedom of/from religion and freedom of speech and womens rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join