It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim asking question and then wishes she hadn't! Great response :)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
But she never did answer the question. She was asked if Islamic extremism is an ideology, why shouldn't they fight back with ideology.

Here is the truth of the matter. Hate is taught. If you are not taught to hate, you usually do not hate. For example my parents are really laid-back, easy-going people who never talked bad about anyone ever, never talked about race, or creed, or nationality. And they treated everyone fairly, and honestly. I grew up in a home that was tolerate, and as a result, no doubt, have a very tolerate attitude, and have no racial prejudiced, or religious views.

The same cannot be said of, say for example, people growing up in Nazi homes. Or other homes where racial pride, and prejudice runs deep. It is taught to the children, and the children are raised with the hatred.

I know people, who were racists, who do not want to be anymore, after coming to the realization that it is wrong. And they still struggle with racist tendencies, even though they don't want them, because it was so ingrained into them when they were children.

How do you fight radical ideas with ideology? You can't. You have to destroy the root of the problem or it will never go away. In order to get rid of racial and religious hatreds once and for all, you literally will need to get rid of the people with the ideologies completely, so that they cannot taint humankind with their thinking.

Humankind will never be able to do that, for one, we cannot read minds and intentions of the heart. But God can, and he does indeed promise to do so in the near future:

(Psalm 37:10) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there.

(Proverbs 2:21, 22) . . .For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it. 22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, And the treacherous will be torn away from it.

edit on 8-7-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Yeah but Hezbollah were not formed before 1982 and she is claiming Hezbollah were responsible for the torment her family went through from 75-82.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I have read all the post's thus far and no one has really answered the question Sabah posed, which was 'how do you fight an ideology with weapons?

If it was just ideology, then you would discuss and present alternatives however, Muslims are not prepared to discuss their ideology with outsiders, nor look for alternative influences presented. Unfortunately, they believe it is the Islamic way and no other way!

My final observation would be that we are not just fighting an ideology but a war with weapons used against us, whether in terrorism or battle, so discussion is fruitless and that is why we are in the situation that the west finds itself in today.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: imod02
I believe there are so many extremist, they do want to see western civilization destroyed but dont know how to get together to do it.

All they have to do is nothing.. Western civilisation is a self destructing system... Trust me, the end of the West will come from inside the West, not some Jihadi group in Iraq.

I belive you are right, but the westeren civlisation will slowly change its self for the better and move foward but jihadi groups want to move everything back a few 1000 years, so I will put my trust in our civlisation as it have proven it can change for the better

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
That is not true stop talking like you know what people are like or what they want.

It IS true. People can't make educated decisions about right and wrong, about what is true or false, if that information is withheld from them and if they are threatened with death for asking. And yes, so called 'apostasy' is threatened with death.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: FlyersFan

She forgot American history.. Something tells me on purpose.

Of course she did, being dark skinned, she didn't want to betray her masters. It was never about fairness and justice it was always about loyalty.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Hongkongphooey

What about the USA who does nothing and even protects the funders of terrorism, i.e. Saudi Arabia? After 911, all planes were grounded, but the relatives of Osama Bin Laden were allowed to take off and just leave? No questions asked. The Saudi embassy in DC is monitored and protected 24/7 by US government services.

How are you going to fight terrorism if you protect its main funders? It makes no sense at all. A lot of what happens in this world is a very sick orchestration.

Violence will never eradicate terrorism. Dialogue and a decent standard of living for all on this earth will.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Maybe someone should explain to the panel which answered the question how we don't have a moral higher ground, especially the US about how they got the lands. If we look further at history or our roots, for example the Hellenistic period when people enjoyed watching grown men kill eachother. Or the Crusades or slavery. How about the distribution of wealth. Society may appear more civilized nowadays but let's not forget our own bad episodes.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979
The Hellenistic period was two thousand years ago. The crusades were a thousand years ago. Slavery was made illegal hundreds of years ago. However, slavery and religious crusading are things are still happening in Islam today. The west has evolved from those things you mention. Islamic countries not so much.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kranskik

What about the USA who does nothing and even protects the funders of terrorism, i.e. Saudi Arabia? After 911, all planes were grounded, but the relatives of Osama Bin Laden were allowed to take off and just leave? No questions asked. The Saudi embassy in DC is monitored and protected 24/7 by US government services.

How are you going to fight terrorism if you protect its main funders? It makes no sense at all. A lot of what happens in this world is a very sick orchestration.

Violence will never eradicate terrorism. Dialogue and a decent standard of living for all on this earth will.

I actually don't disagree with anything you say at all! I also have a lot of questions for Dubbya and Cheney? 9/11 in my belief was an inside job from start to finish!

However, it does not take away the truth that many Muslims support terrorism and the eventual Islamification of the west, even if it is only 1% that is still 1.2 million dangerous people!

I will never forget 9-11 and the response of all the people around me in Thailand (Thai's and expats) who had tears running down our eyes watching the events unfold around 9pm that day, contrast that to Sukhumvit Soi 3 (Arab Street) in Bangkok where the Arabs were dancing in the streets in celebration! They did not care about the loss of life or whether it was an inside job by Cheney and Bush, all they cared about was that thousands of (innocent people) what they call infidels were dead and a symbol of the USA (Big Satan) was destroyed (The World Trade Center).

It is all about the ideology completely, a very dangerous and war mongering hateful ideology!
edit on 8/7/14 by Hongkongphooey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
That woman is... jesus what a bunch of bull#. America created terrorists, funded them and backed them (and still is) all over the world. America did 911 to itself. That's a scientific fact backed by thousands of architects and and civil engineers. And, did she just say that 25% of Muslims are terrorists? Or is this just my imagination? Lol. If it took less than 10 people to take down the two towers, and we have more than a 100 million of those terrorists, I wouldn't be sure if the world would be the way it is today. What this woman just did is that she pulled a bunch of Mickey Mouse fairy tales out of her ass. Fairy tales that people are addicted to hearing. Terrorism is bad, it's everywhere, America is fighting terrorism.

But, again, did that woman just say that 25% of Muslims are terrorists?

I mean... *sigh* ... did she?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I love this woman, she is right on. I was looking around her because her point was so on track and concise that I was wondering if she was reading all that information from a prompter.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

eh historically differences in ideology are only ended by either a(the stick): completely eradicating/enslaving them them as a race and crushing the culture and forcing them at penalty of death to either stop practicing their culture that offends the other groups or going underground with them.for examples of a see cortez and his latin american(banning them from practicing their customs and forcibly converting them to Christianity) exploits or American push westward and its removal of native Americans from homelands to be placed on reservations(crush their tribal beliefs out law them,give them booze to destroy their family structure and more recently forcibly sterilize them when they came in for routine procedures to end their cultural line) but there are far more then these two for A

or B(the carrot still attached to the stick): a country is conquered and then left to its own devices and conquers interbreed with them to get them selves into the power structure,leave them how they were mostly before but they have to swear fealty while you slowly infiltrate the leadership and power positions to appear to give them independence but in reality control them.for this example see what the mongols did in a lot of their ancient conquests Genghis khan is not related to so many people for being an nice person but for out breeding his enemies and placing his descendants in places of power,the Chinese also did this to varying success over the years among others

but hey that is at least how historically humans have ended differences ideological or otherwise going all the way back to homo sapiens killing of neanderthals,not saying its a good thing or the best option mind you just saying that's how its been done through out some parts of history.
edit on 8-7-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979
The Hellenistic period was two thousand years ago. The crusades were a thousand years ago. Slavery was made illegal hundreds of years ago. However, slavery and religious crusading are things are still happening in Islam today. The west has evolved from those things you mention. Islamic countries not so much.

So what do you call Iraq? Is it Democratic crusading in the name of resources? The only difference between the West and Extremists is that Extremists kill innocents face to face, the West kills them from the skies. Western leaders have not evolved one bit, they are just as bad as the Muslims you continuously condemn.
edit on 8-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I saw this on face book and thought it was excellent...the examples of Germany and other countries was brilliant ...and I loved her comment about being politically correct.
This was a complete breath if fresh air to hear someone speak out without fear and state the facts as they really are.
Islam is an ideology not a religion people have to remember that !

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parker1963
I saw this on face book and thought it was excellent...the examples of Germany and other countries was brilliant ...and I loved her comment about being politically correct.
This was a complete breath if fresh air to hear someone speak out without fear and state the facts as they really are.
Islam is an ideology not a religion people have to remember that !

Democracy is an ideology, It has contributed to the deaths of Millions of people, way more than Islamic Extremists have ever killed. People need to start looking in their own backyards before they go rubbishing others.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

No.

When you see something wrong you say it.

Why are people always trying to polarise issues, esp here on ATS?

If democracy is bad then so be it, that doesn't mean a person should remain mute on other issues like Islam.

In my opinion people who defend their own ideology by attacking the ideologies of others are part of the problem.

A healthy attitude is to be critical of everything, and yes that includes Islam.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

I agree but...

There is a difference between Islam and the Extremist version of Islam... I don't even consider those people Muslims. I'm the same when it comes to self proclaimed Christian politicians who launch wars against another country directly or indirectly. I do not call them Christians, to me they are not Christians.

I can see both sides, ISIS are a bunch of thugs but at the same time I think our governments are just as bad. When I speak about both of them, I am not speaking about the people underneath them (me and you) who have to keep putting up with their crap. I have been on the Rebels are Terrorist bandwagon since the start of the Syrian war.. I know exactly what's happening over there, I have for years and that was at a time when "There not terrorists, there freedom fighters".

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
the Muslim/Islamic agenda is a threat to the free world and should not be taken lightly even under threat of death as is so often levelled by fatwas .the pope had It correct when he said that Islam rules by the sword ...to say that an individual is an infidel because he is not Muslim in faith is a hate crime and should be treated as such.
I'm tiered of having to be politically correct if something is wrong in my opinion I will say so ,that is what a free country is all about.(separation of church and state)
The day we let a religion rule our values and freedoms is the day we loose our culture,heritage and our democratic rights.
I'm from Canada and we are having a terrible time with Muslims trying to change our laws to suite their religion hell for that matter look at France and Britain they have it worse than we do.
Islam is a scourge upon any civilized democratic country and one that will have to be dealt with in the only method Islam understands strength, force and vigilance .

If you would like to get an inside look at how Muslims really view democratic country's and how they think read this excellent book "infidel"
www.goodreads.com...

edit on 9-7-2014 by Parker1963 because: More to say

edit on 9-7-2014 by Parker1963 because: Added link for book

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: stelth2
I love this woman, she is right on. I was looking around her because her point was so on track and concise that I was wondering if she was reading all that information from a prompter.

Amen brother she was fantastic and we should all take a cue from her bravery and stand up.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join