What will happen to all the people that are living on islands that are now being flooded

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I heard America is now taking BLM land and maybe thinking of the future. I also heard of the FEMA camps. I think they are going to be used for these people.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I heard America is now taking BLM land and maybe thinking of the future. I also heard of the FEMA camps. I think they are going to be used for these people.

That's it. That's all you've got for a thread aka "topic for discussion". It's barely longer than the title FFS. Seriously, W.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You might want to say something about which islands and how they are being flooded. Who is doing that. You may also want to discuss anything about your thread title in your opening post. Gosh do we have to hold your hand here or what?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Oh and might as as get this in early. There are no FEMA camps. k reply to: musicismagic

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

All very possible.

That's if the islands actually flood over.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That's if the islands ( which islands?) Are flooding and not sinking...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I live in the UK , I know the sea level rose around 400 feet at the end of the last ice age, due to the melting ice.

If the poles melt much more, island nations like the UK could dissappear forever

It is sad, but we just must change what we can on our end and hope mother earth takes care of the rest.

We don't want to end up like the other 95% of species that have lived on this planet - extinct, we want to beat the odds.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus
I live in the UK , I know the sea level rose around 400 feet at the end of the last ice age, due to the melting ice.

If the poles melt much more, island nations like the UK could dissappear forever

It is sad, but we just must change what we can on our end and hope mother earth takes care of the rest.

We don't want to end up like the other 95% of species that have lived on this planet - extinct, we want to beat the odds.

Scotland is rising up from the North Sea, while the South of England is sinking downwards at a rate of 5mm/year in places. But since they are 100+ metres above sea level, they still have 2000 years to do something.

Other islands actually rise and fall with sea levels - especially those formed from sand, coral reefs. Those formed from volcanoes won't be so lucky unless they get another volcanic eruption.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
They get to take over the houses of all the climate change deniers of course!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'd say we already did beat the odds by surviving the last ice age. a reply to: Soapusmaximus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Google "Maldives" == VERY interesting country, very interesting topic!

The Maldives are extremely concerned about global climate change and rising water levels since their highest point is only about 2 meters or so over sea level. They are contemplating (or actually doing it) buying land in other countries so they can in relocate their entire populace in the future if water levels rise.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Which islands?
And if they're not American islands, why would the people go to American FEMA camps?
It's a big world out there

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I'd say we already did beat the odds by surviving the last ice age. a reply to: Soapusmaximus

ha!

can you imagine the population of the planet trying to survive another?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
That's if the islands ( which islands?) Are flooding and not sinking...

Atlantis?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

Google "Maldives" == VERY interesting country, very interesting topic!

The Maldives are extremely concerned about global climate change and rising water levels since their highest point is only about 2 meters or so over sea level. They are contemplating (or actually doing it) buying land in other countries so they can in relocate their entire populace in the future if water levels rise.

Thanks NoRules

I guess OP means all other Island as well, with sea waters predicted to rise its something that has been planned for for a while now already.

In Melbourne, Australia about 60km SW from Melbourne is Geelong where they have had proposal up for a while about moving the houses and business away from the coastline in the next decade or so due to rising waters.

However what if predictions are wrong and climate changes yet again from where its predicted to head and sea levels remain as they are or drop?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ever hear of, or see "Waterworld"?
The displaced islanders will be the first generations of a new water/ocean based society...with some focusing their energies on piracy and others on survival & progress.

new topics
top topics

join