It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...this one time, at band camp...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   
...so how is this done now?? We just kinda step up and yabba a bit about ourselves?? Cool...okay...can do...

Righto...my name is *deleted to prevent myriad of female stalkers* and I'm 31 years old, male...I think...I'll just take a quick peek to check *peers down trousers* YEP...still male. Oh look...belly button lint...mmmm...tasty...oppsie, shouldn't have said that...

...okay...back to it. I'm a New Zealander...and a Maori...if ya don't know what a Maori is, then its some big brown guy who is liable to out-drink you, out-eat you, out-fight you, out-sing you, out-pretty-much-everything you...all the while doing so with a big goofy grin and saying "Hehehe...cher cher bro!"

Currently working as a Community Mental Health Worker...ironic I know...helping people to recover from Mental Illness and forge new lives for themselves as they themselves see fit. Been doing that line of work for over 6 years...

...before that I studied a few meaningless courses at University and obtained a meaningless Bachelor of Arts degree which, last time I heard, they were giving away free in each packet of Ricie Breakfast Cereal. But at least it hides the slight rip in the wallpaper so the landlord doesn't see it when she comes around to check that we haven't burnt down the house...yet...

Was a On-Air Radio Announcer and Advert Copywriter before that...and various other 'Joe-Jobs' which generally involved saying amazingly indepth things like "Would you like fries with that Sir"

What brought me to ATS?? Well...a passion for Aliens and UFOs originally brought me here in October 2000...signed up, enjoyed it, got comfy on the ATS couch and have been here ever since...either that or Simon hasn't clicked that I'm a waste of good bandwidth and booted me yet. He even lost his mind so much he made me a Moderator quite some time ago...

Main passion/interest though is in the paranormal...that is where the majority of my own personal experience comes from...from growing up in and around a culture that is spiritual in nature and outlook. Spooks, sprites, spirits and things that go bump in the night are pretty much common-place and just part of the fun around this country. I have learnt a fair bit about spirits and the spirit realm from my old people, from my own mother and various other family members, mentors, teachers, guides etc etc...still learning, as we all are.

Other interests are nature, hunting, fishing, music, family, friends and films, candle lit dinners and romantic walks on the beach *snicker*...and cars...yes, cars are a major passion and occupy a great deal of my spare time. Working on, in and under them...preparing my or friends cars for cruises, shows, Drag Meets etc etc...active participator/racer in the Import Drag Racing scene here in NZ and the city I live in.

...anything else...just ask...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
So glad you have taken the time to share a little about yourself to us...
I am very intereseted in learning more about you and your culture as I find different cultures can really be quite fascinating and can help us to step outside our normal American ways at times and see life in a broader perspective..
I did think you brown guys walked around in grass made thongs and ate bugs (damn Discovery channel)

Do you speak in your native language? I notice it in your signature and mood..
Are there weird bugs there that we don't have in the states? And animals too? (you said we could ask so you're getting 20 questions LOL)
Actually that's only 3 but that just means I have to think of 17 more in the next few days hehe!

I always love reading anything you post here alien, you and I seem to have a great deal of 'things' in common...well except for the 'suits' you wear..
That's what's so great about you...you have a deeper side and a hilarious sense of humour..
Always~Magestica

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I did think you brown guys walked around in grass made thongs and ate bugs (damn Discovery channel)

...only when we're drunk...

Do you speak in your native language? I notice it in your signature and mood..

To some degree, yes, not as smoothly and fluently as I'd like...but average enough.

Are there weird bugs there that we don't have in the states? And animals too?

Yes...we call them visiting Australians. Actually we have very few dangerous or poisonous insects/animals here in NZ...no snakes, scorpions, wild 'leap on ya and bite ya throat out' type animals...except a nasty spider called the Katipo, which is rare...but will mess up ya day if ya get bit by one.

you and I seem to have a great deal of 'things' in common...well except for the 'suits' you wear..

...the clown suit doesn't count...that was a drunken dare by friends...you're lucky it wasn't a grass thong...

That's what's so great about you...you have a deeper side and a hilarious sense of humour..
Always~Magestica

Thank you...and the cheques in the mail

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...okay...back to it. I'm a New Zealander...and a Maori...if ya don't know what a Maori is, then its some big brown guy who is liable to out-drink you, out-eat you, out-fight you, out-sing you, out-pretty-much-everything you...all the while doing so with a big goofy grin and saying "Hehehe...cher cher bro!"

So... you're pretty much like us Scottish, except we're very pale.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
So... you're pretty much like us Scottish, except we're very pale.

Heck yeah bro...you Scotts are just like Maoris...ya even run around in skirts too...

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
William is Scottish?! Are you originaly from here?

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Nice to hear that you are doing good things to help folks regain their mental health.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Alien, nice bio and I like your avatar, it reminds me of the one guy named kaikane that use to come to the old chatroom with the Eye guy. You remind me of him too He is a sweet guy, Kaikane that is, not the Eye LOL.

I was wondering if you were referring to shaman related stuff when you said this "I have learnt a fair bit about spirits and the spirit realm from my old people, from my own mother and various other family members, mentors, teachers, guides etc etc...still learning, as we all are. " I have learnt alot about shamanism and would be interested in hearing some of your stories.

One more thing, just because everyone thinks Im a nut case doesn't mean I am, so don't start treating me like one of your mental cases

It's great to know you Alien.

Connie

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thanks Ycon...and don't worry...I might think the 'B-Man' is a nutcase...but not you.

Shamanism is probably a close way of describing what Tohunga Ora (Healer) do...however, like all cultures, there is no real accurate way to explain what they do, for in order to understand what they do you must first understand the culture they operate within...if that makes sense.

Good to know you also Ycon. Glad you stuck around...would have missed ya 'kooky-ness' if you left. See...I didn't say nutcase...I said 'kooky'...there is a difference....hehehe

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yes it makes sense. And kooky does sounds sweeter then a nut

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Alien, do you have tatoos on your face???

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Nope...don't have any tattoos at all...

...the facial tattoos, or 'Moko' as they are called, are really only (or SHOULD be) reserved for those who hold high standing in the tribe...they are a mark of honour, and not something that someone just goes down the road and gets...for traditionally the design of Moko are specific to the tribe that person comes from...and those designs are sacred, so shouldn't be just used/worn like any old tatto.

They are (or SHOULD be) only worn by those who are deemed by the people to have enough 'Mana' (prestige/respect etc etc) to be deemed worthy of wearing one. Thing is that normally a person doesn't just get one...in a way it really isn't their decision alone...often they are almost a gift, a show of respect, that the people themselves say "You are worthy of wearing a Moko".

Of course that has changed now with Gang cultures and Pop Cultures taking something of such sacred meaning and corrupting it for their own bullshyte reasons.

But still...the concept remains.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Righto...my name is *deleted to prevent myriad of female stalkers* and I'm 31 years old, male...I think...I'll just take a quick peek to check *peers down trousers* YEP...still male. Oh look...belly button lint...mmmm...tasty...oppsie, shouldn't have said that...

This is possibly the funniest thing I've seen in an introduction. I see you finally have a high enough standing in your tribe to get those facial tattoos.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I can't .. stop laughing, how refreshing to hear someone thats resembles(sp) allot of what we ofen think and not say!
Just remember before you start to post.... You better be prepared to have those that wish to see up the " bulls A** to see the quality of the beef...
At this point I don't see the need, but you will! Welcome young man, I wish I was here around 30 somethin....

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I feel this guy never got a chance of a really good welcome, Alien, has allot to offer on this Friday with nouthing then a reason to find to smile, we all need it... My gut still hurts from laughing so hard, Where have you been posting Alien? I think you need to start a thread on the subject of say....
" Ones Outlook On Life " Give a yell everyone!

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Turbo boost? And Import cars?

Never responded to intro threads, but read that and wanted to hear more.

what kind of imports do you work with?

b56

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
dbates - So YOU resurrected this thread...lol...was wondering who had been skulking around the darkened recesses of ATS's Intro Section. Glad you got a laugh outa that one man...want some belly button lint? Its good lint...reckon its only about 2 days old...so still nice and tangy...

jessemole - Cheers for the reply. Indeed...laughter is one of the greatest blessings in life...its generally free, low-fat, no added preservatives and unlikely to give you reflux at 2am. Where do I post? Ummm...wherever something takes my fancy...tend to be a lurker most of the time on ATS.

blend56 - Cheers for the reply. Yup...performance cars are one of my passions...and how most weekends (and indeed most spare cash) is spent these days. Love 'Imports', in particular JDM imports. I don't 'work' with Import cars...not a mechanic...but they are something I definitely take a keen interest in, modify myself and help out a number of mates who are also Import fanatics.

A great fan of Mitsubishis at the moment...in particular those graced with the ever-so-humble 4g63T motors...amazing powerplants which can be coaxed into producing obscene amounts of horsepower from such a relatively restrictive capacity (2lt 4-cylinder). Theres a few kicking around here with 500-600+hp...and a rather nasty Lancer EVO3 which now sports a rumoured 4-figure horsepower rating *personally know the guy*, is expected to run in the 8s and on its last run *before blowing a selector fork in the g.box* blasted out a 160+mph trap-speed...with, I repeat, a blown selector fork...so the potential of this EVO is rather stunning. Will have to post up some picks of it if you're interested...amazing piece of machinery.

Other 'imports' I enjoy, well, heaps...but to name a few:

- Subaru Legacy RS, prefer the early single-turbo over the twin-turbo or the modern single though.
- Subaru impreza WRX...all variants...though of course the fav is the phenominal 22B.
- Nissan Skylines...most variants from the FJ20DET powered DR30-RS to the RB series R32, R33 and R34...favs of course being GTR variants...goooo the RB26DETT (though a conversion to a sodding great T-88 single is the bizz!)
- Nissan Silvias from the early FJ20DET US-12 coupes, right through to the S-15s...love their style and their drift-a-bility.
- Mazdas in general...both Rotored and piston-powered. Love turboed piston variants like the 323GTX, GTAe and GTR. Love the S6-S8 'Batmo' RX-7s of course.
- Toyotas...again, pretty much anything from the early TA22 Celicas to the drift origin Ae86s to the AE101 GTZ Levins to the late model IS200 Altezzas, the Corolla GT-RS180 to the absolutely fantastic Supra RZs
- Hondas...love these things too, despite people tending to bag them a bit harshly...there are few naturally aspirated pistons of the same capacity that can perform quite like the Honda V-tecs.

...ahhh...yeah...kinda love imports...

[edit on 3-12-2004 by alien]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My fiance is into imports as well. He actually custom designs turbo kits for the 240sx. equal length turbo, manifold and pipes all designed by him.

He has a website he owns. If ya want to see I'll u2u you the address.

Sounds like you've been working with them for years. Kinda be interested to see what ya think about his designs.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Okay Alien, I'll give you a chance at my GS, its a 2003 4 cyl, Auto, Give it a little tweek, make it go fast but save on fuel... yea, save fuel, how silly.
Its parked for the winter, I'll turn it over to you in the spring.... give me a price!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
blend56 - Sounds awesome...PM me the url, would love to check them out as I also have a friend in Osaka, Japan who runs his own Performance Parts import/export business...he might be keen on sourcing some custom turbo-headers and the like. So, if your partner is after any JDM parts, or cars, let me know and I'll PM you the mates website/contact details.

Heres a pic of that Lancer EVO3...interestingly its number-plate is 'DOCILE'.
The owner is a young tuning-guru by the name of Andre Simon...runs his own Performance Shop which has produced some of the most insane Mitsubishi *and others* cars here in NZ, and indeed in Australasia...such as the fastest Mirage 4WD (10sec), Lancer GSR 1.8lt (10sec), Galant VR4 and S-12 Gazelle (9sec) in Australasia.

...It runs a full tube chassis front end, and some incredible plumbing/engineering motorwise...check it out:

BLING and WHOA TASTY

jessemole - Make it faster and use less fuel...dang...okay, guess the basics first...free up the intake and exhaust, better fueling/ignition control with something like an A'pexi S-AFC, then give it a decent tune on a dyno...should net you some good increases in power, responsiveness and general drivability.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join