- So YOU resurrected this thread...lol...was wondering who had been skulking around the darkened recesses of ATS's Intro Section. Glad
you got a laugh outa that one man...want some belly button lint? Its good lint...reckon its only about 2 days old...so still nice and tangy...
- Cheers for the reply. Indeed...laughter is one of the greatest blessings in life...its generally free, low-fat, no added
preservatives and unlikely to give you reflux at 2am. Where do I post? Ummm...wherever something takes my fancy...tend to be a lurker most of the time
- Cheers for the reply. Yup...performance cars are one of my passions...and how most weekends (and indeed most spare cash) is spent
these days. Love 'Imports', in particular JDM imports. I don't 'work' with Import cars...not a mechanic...but they are something I definitely
take a keen interest in, modify myself and help out a number of mates who are also Import fanatics.
A great fan of Mitsubishis at the moment...in particular those graced with the ever-so-humble 4g63T motors...amazing powerplants which can be coaxed
into producing obscene amounts of horsepower from such a relatively restrictive capacity (2lt 4-cylinder). Theres a few kicking around here with
500-600+hp...and a rather nasty Lancer EVO3 which now sports a rumoured 4-figure
horsepower rating *personally know the guy*, is expected to
run in the 8s and on its last run *before blowing a selector fork in the g.box* blasted out a 160+mph trap-speed...with, I repeat, a blown selector
fork...so the potential of this EVO is rather stunning. Will have to post up some picks of it if you're interested...amazing piece of machinery.
Other 'imports' I enjoy, well, heaps...but to name a few:
- Subaru Legacy RS, prefer the early single-turbo over the twin-turbo or the modern single though.
- Subaru impreza WRX...all variants...though of course the fav is the phenominal 22B.
- Nissan Skylines...most variants from the FJ20DET powered DR30-RS to the RB series R32, R33 and R34...favs of course being GTR variants...goooo the
RB26DETT (though a conversion to a sodding great T-88 single is the bizz!)
- Nissan Silvias from the early FJ20DET US-12 coupes, right through to the S-15s...love their style and their drift-a-bility.
- Mazdas in general...both Rotored and piston-powered. Love turboed piston variants like the 323GTX, GTAe and GTR. Love the S6-S8 'Batmo' RX-7s of
- Toyotas...again, pretty much anything from the early TA22 Celicas to the drift origin Ae86s to the AE101 GTZ Levins to the late model IS200
Altezzas, the Corolla GT-RS180 to the absolutely fantastic Supra RZs
- Hondas...love these things too, despite people tending to bag them a bit harshly...there are few naturally aspirated pistons of the same capacity
that can perform quite like the Honda V-tecs.
...ahhh...yeah...kinda love imports...
[edit on 3-12-2004 by alien]