It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly figure of an unknown male...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I have enlarged the picture using a basic art package (Sketchbook Pro). I personally am convinced this is the real deal...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I wouldn't exclude pareidolia : if human the poor devil is exceptionally ugly ...

edit on 7-7-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: slippeddisc
i 2nd what Sled says, it does look like he is either kneeling or probably sat on a chair if theres a table n chairs behind the child ?, its good though. i wouldn't say he was naked from the waste up though, looks like he has a black jumper on but something in the way?

I suspect that what is described as a "naked torso" is simply the child's right hand, foreshortened.

And as for the head, it is clearly far too small to be a person. Might even be a doll held in the child's hand, but as you can see if you equalise the levels, the image is all JPEGged to hell so impossible to tell.

edit on 7-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The average/standard switchplate is 4.5 inches tall. This guys face (crown to chin) looks to be about 2 switchplates tall... which would be 9 inches tall. Of course this is a very very rough estimate and is based on assumptions about the size of that template. The average (50th percentile) for men is 8.6 inches.

upload.wikimedia.org...

At first, I thought the head looked too small too... if that switchplate is 4.5 inches tall, I think the head size might actually be right on. I think the unusually giant wall paper design, plus the forced perspective with the baby makes the head appear smaller.

I think the "naked body" is likely the baby's hand. But zooming into the face, it looks more convincing than not. Ears, hairline, creepy red eyes, mustache, etc. He also has a very weak chin and large nose. No, not an especially attractive fellow -- but I think that makes it less likely that he is a doll too -- who would design a doll that looked like that?

Anyway-- I don't know what it is, but thank you for sharing it. It's creepy.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
The average/standard switchplate is 4.5 inches tall.

Is it? Mine are a little over 3.25in. Both light switches and socket plates are the same standard size. (I live in the UK, and the photo was taken in the UK too.)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

The average/standard switchplate is 4.5 inches tall.

Is it? Mine are a little over 3.25in. Both light switches and socket plates are the same standard size. (I live in the UK, and the photo was taken in the UK too.)

Ah, thank you for that! I should have realized the pic was from the UK. Yes, the UK switch plates are sized differently.

So, that would put his head at (3.25 x 2) 6.5 inches tall. That doesn't even make it into 1st percentile - according to the link with average measurements above.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

... who would design a doll that looked like that?

Apparently there's a niche market for horrific dolls ...

Dismember-Me Plush Zombie ...

www.thinkgeek.com...
edit on 7-7-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's to defined to be a camera anomaly. IF this wasn't manufactured - it's a pretty decent shot. Double exposure? ghost? I have no idea - Pareidolia doesn't seem likely. I see the outline of hair and an ear. I think it's a bit too defined to be classed as pareidolia.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
- Pareidolia doesn't seem likely. I see the outline of hair and an ear. I think it's a bit too defined to be classed as pareidolia.

This cancerous-bollock pareidolia looks more face-like than the phone-camera image above ...

boingboing.net...
edit on 8-7-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

[ with bonus "Eddie"-type laughing-skull pareidolia ]

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
No need to be rude. Especially to those unfortunate enough to be fighting testicular cancer...
a reply to: engvbany

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuraijanai2013
No need to be rude. Especially to those unfortunate enough to be fighting testicular cancer...
a reply to: engvbany

For a person whose Avatar is a semi-realistic image of a man blowing his brains out with a revolver, you're not in a position to lecture anyone about poor-taste.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It is a still from the movie Sonatine by the Japanese director/actor Takeshi Kitano. Maybe you should watch some of his movies before judging the images from them? You may even learn a thing or two about culture...a reply to: engvbany

top topics

<< 1   >>

join