It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Applauds This Woman Because They’re Too Creeped Out At Themselves To Put Their Hands Togeth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Aazadan

You can survive without it but that craving is there.

You are very wrong there. My favorite food was steak but the thought of meat turns my stomach. I decided it was wrong to NOT LOOK. I watched the whole process and set out to honestly look and learn where my food came from...and these words...Nothing tastes that good! Stuck in my head!

Most of us who do not eat other animals are revolted by seeing or smelling a mass of flesh after learning and stopping the behavior.

Maybe that's the difference between us. You don't want to eat meat. I do. I just don't want to support the cruelty involved in modern meat processing.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
OK, finally got to watch it.

I was already aware of the marketing techniques, and also of human wilful ignorance, but this is a very good video for putting that plainly into perspective.

Admittedly, I too still buy factory farm meat but always will buy free range when I can, eggs are most certainly always free range.

I'm still torn by the idea. I enjoy the meat of animals, I enjoy the smell of a fresh piece of uncooked scotch fillet or wagyu steak before I rub it with extra-virgin olive oil, fresh cracked peppercorns and sea rock salt. I love the smell as I throw that gorgeous piece of meat, allowed to warm first to closer to room temp, onto a searing grill and watch it flame momentarily before settling into a perfect sizzle for 90 - 120 seconds.......then I turn it.....observing the perfect char-grilling marks across the flesh.

I love the moment I take that piece off the flame and set it onto a warmed plate to rest covered for the next 3 minutes while I blanch the bok choi.

I love the moment I slice that piece revealing the juices (blood, fats and oils) and perfectly cooked flesh, and placing it onto the bed of bok choi...lightly drizzling a grated ginger, chilli, and soy seasoning sauce.

And the moment it touches my tongue....and as my teeth effortlessly move through this most amazing piece of meat.

Yeh.....nah.....if we aren't meant to eat it why does it taste so damn good, and why does our body accept it so readily.

Great awareness video......Factory farming should be banned and any sort of cruel intensive farming procedure.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Wow! Power stuff right there, and she is right too, we're all so ignorant towards our own world and how we live it.

None of us can ever laugh at a sheep again, because we're the new versions of them.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

We do not treat this earth and its abundancy of resources with the respect it deserves. In a system where people are reduced to wage slaves or worse and where money sets the rules and controls the law makers, nobody will eventually survive.

We like to see ourselves as an evolved species, but we have to acknowledge that we still have a long way to go.

Interesting and educational material, such as eye opening TED talks, are systematically banned because they are considered disturbing by a certain group.

Those in power don't want a population that is capable of critical thinking. It's against their best interest.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin
OK, finally got to watch it.

Yeh.....nah.....if we aren't meant to eat it why does it taste so damn good, and why does our body accept it so readily.

Did you read your own post??? Your "meat" tastes so good, and like a sheep I ate the criap for decades (and ate sheeps too) because of the seasonings. Get it? Can someone finally get it? The "meat" (i.e. corpse) industry knows exactly how to season and spice the stuff even before you obtain it (it's already spiced), and then you add more spices. The expression 'the spice of life' is true - it's how these industries make you think it is the corpse that tastes so yummy. When I gave it up I thought I'd never enjoy food again, and soon and always every meal was and is a feast.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm hungry now and the diamond shreddies are way better then the square ones .

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Every single living thing, even plant eaters and plants are killing just by surviving.

Life is all about survival. Everything dies, everything suffers - true

But this is about us willfully torturing our animals for food

We don't have to torture them - but we do. We don't have to - but, we do

And we choose not to think about it. It's easier

Death is a gift and the only real kindness we show them
edit on 7/8/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

lol ok, you have switched from having a family and making home to choosing a mate and making a nest.

Can you explain where there is a difference please? A mate and their young IS their FAMILY...A nest, a burrow, a glen...is their HOME.
The important thing is they do care where and who and they have joy in the making of their lives just like you do in yours!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Lol

I have never seen a vegan that didn't look skinny and anemic.

Dang I wish i could provide a few pictures, my half sisters three sisters Vegan since birth WOW what knockouts! the first time I met them I was 7 and at a motel swimming pool, and I thought...wow they are living barbie dolls! People all around stopped to watch them as they found a lounge chair. Now in their late 60-70 they are still so beautiful, healthy, perfect skin and teeth wonderful figures honest you would guess them to be in their 40's...this is my experience of Vegan and vegetarians, glowing.

I would add myself as I tried to emulate them but that may sound conceited lol! I am 57 my hair is to the floor and still auburn only a few grays at the temple, it shines and so does my skin...etc :-)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

Lol so right and the next time they just frosted the top of them an WALLA all new again!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Denoli

Lol so right and the next time they just frosted the top of them an WALLA all new again!

Lol but I bet what would make them taste even better CHANGE THE NAME
Something like erm
Shreddie steady sgo
Sorry for milking it me bad

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

When I gave it up I thought I'd never enjoy food again, and soon and always every meal was and is a feast.

This was my experience exactly - most of what we enjoy is in our minds. What we've been raised on - what we've come to expect - and the thought of not having those things feels like deprivation

Food is amazing (not just can be - is) even when no meat is involved

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I love this video. I watched an episode of How It's Made a few years back, and they showed how chicken eggs are collected for those Grade A Large Eggs that you buy in a grocery store. Afterwards, I was sick to my stomach. Seeing the chicken live out it's life in a 12" x12" box with the egg it produce fall down a chute made me vow never, ever buy anything other than Cage Free eggs. Then, when we decided to move out of the city and get some land, we bought our own chickens. Now we have a couple of flocks totaling about 30. The difference between a store bought egg and one from one of our "girls" is absolutely incredible.

We've been considering getting a dairy cow and a meat cow. And now that I've seen how pigs are raised, I might let hubby get a pig. Pigs are highly intelligent. It makes me wonder if they've had any signs of mental illness show up in the "pig factories".

Believe me, I know that my family is lucky to be able to grow our own food. Even if you can't do that, there are ways to boycott these factories. Many suggestions have been posted, so I won't repeat. Enjoy your steak..enjoy your bacon..enjoy eating your omelet. Hopefully you will support your local farmer while doing so.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
We? I know I do not torture animals, do you torture animals?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
We? I know I do not torture animals, do you torture animals?

Where do you buy your meat? It's possible you're buying food that exists because animals have been tortured. Voting with your wallet basically.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
I buy my meat(beef, chicken and pork), at a farm right up the road a few miles, as well as my eggs. I buy my fish and lobster right off the boat. Other than that it's game meat, the only other one I can think I buy at a store is shrimp, rarely to put in my seafood chowder

edit on Tue, 08 Jul 2014 18:30:55 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ah, innovation and technology, the lovely path we chose to help feed and sustain our hungry world. With such a rapid increase in the populations around the world, that was the feasable solution for the growth in the demand for food. And when most people stop to think about where there food comes from I think they realize that we don't wait for a cow or pig or chicken or duck or deer or fish or cute little lamb,,,to die of old age before we consume it. Much of the population would starve or die if these processes weren't implimented as a way to increase food output for an ever increasing population. I do find it odd how the marketers coddle our fears of truth by labeling foods in the way they do. Guess they don't want people puking all over the place when they go shopping!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
since I live in Canada I can't buy 'fresh' produce year round. During the summer months my tomato and herb garden flourishes, to the point where I can make a somewhat large batch of tomato sauce for pizza or pasta for a good few meals in the fall or winter. Herbs I harvest all year, either fresh or to dry.
But, my home garden can only go so far, and during the winter months it's tough. I buy all my meat from a butcher, all my fish from my uncle who drives here from out east, and I just freeze a bunch.

But in all honesty, not everyone has the luxury I do when it comes to food. I worked in the food industry for almost 12 years and I made friends, connections, etc which allows me to get the 'right' stuff. And I know what is bad or good for a good balanced meal.
I cringe when I go to my girlfriends house and they throw a tub of Bacel on the table for 'butter' or they use packaged 'organic' meat. But at the same time, not everyone can afford to go to a 'fresh' butcher, or afford time to grow their own garden, or make 'connections' like I have. If everyone did that, then the cycle of demand will just begin all over again. It's a double edged sword when it comes to good food, and to be honest, it's a game of every man for himself.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: curiousme333

Much of the population would starve or die if these processes weren't implimented as a way to increase food output for an ever increasing population.

The buying up of family farms and even pushing them out by force was not done to increase production but only to appropriate the money by a few huge corporations.
The corporate farming operations torture because all they care about is increased profit.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dmfsb

Well done
.. i turned veggy about 3 years ago now.. i could not partake in the misery of the animals any more.

..why cant i star you ? Cheers bud

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join