It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Applauds This Woman Because They’re Too Creeped Out At Themselves To Put Their Hands Togeth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I grew up in a farming community. I understand where food comes from, both vegetables and meat, having worked in the fields and on the ranches when younger.

People will always disagree on something. This topic is no different.

I am not a vegetarian, nor vegan. I had whole heartedly attempted to try those living choices out when younger. Both had caused deficiencies in my body, that no amount of vitamins or other supplements suggested or prescribed could seem to stem. (no, I won't go into detail, not a pleasant topic, nor pleasant memories - some of the issues those choices made have lingering effects, 20+ years later, even today.) If I could go back in time, I'd merely cut down on my meat consumption, rather than eliminate it altogether.

I'm not asking for anyone to agree with me- a balanced diet is what works for me, may not work for someone else, no matter the reason(s). I am merely relaying what didn't work for me and while I still eat meat (though a lot less than even 5 years ago, much less 20), unless you live in an area where you have access to small farms that treat and care for their livestock well up until slaughter for food - this is the sad reality of where food comes from.

Almost anything we eat, is or was alive at some point. Vegetables or animals. Let people decide for themselves what's inline with their beliefs and comfort levels of food.

It's sad how there are many people who are more concerned with the treatment of animals, than the treatment of their fellow humans. Alas, that's another issue completely.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: Char-Lee

I guess it depends where you live as to what kind of treatment our food gets. There are a lot of big pastures around here in Australia where the cattle basically just look after themselves until it is time to round them out, as long as it has been raining. The ride on the boats for the live export market looks a bit cramped compared to how it was for them, it has been one area getting a lot of attention here and improvements have been made.

Pigs are the animal that looks to get the worst treatment from what I have seen here, locked in pens unable to move around or stretch their legs. While in India pigs are treated with huge respect, the happiest pig I have seen was just floating around in a big open sewer pit.

There are many different levels of standards and care around the world.

You are very right and I admit I almost always think USA when thinking of these things, but when I set out to learn I looked to where I live. Pigs by the way like to be clean, they do not enjoy sewer, they roll in mud because they cannot sweat.

Pigs are smarter than any other domestic animal. Their ability to solve problems, like the pig I.Q. test on The Joy of Pigs, is well-documented, and they are considered by animal experts to be more trainable than dogs or cats.

www.pbs.org...

A little strange how we would kill someone who ate dogs and cats in the USA.

pigs are clean animals because they don't poop until they are out of their home even if its been weeks the only mammal does anything near this are humans . no other animal does this except for humans. so why are they known to dirty and unclean?

energyj11.imascientist.org.uk... -only-mammal

Pigs and cows are very loving caring Mothers to bad their babies are taken from them.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

It sounds like you was young and did not have good instructions on how to eat having such a large change in diet. it is a learning and adjusting process to get things right for you. If you eat free range chicken eggs, which would be wasted by nature if not eaten, you already get everything you get in meat.

Did you know that many populations in the world eat zero to little meat? They are not retarded or deformed by their diet, they are actually known to be healthier than the Western diet.

www.brown.edu...&_eating_concerns/being_a_vegetarian.php

There are so many benifits

Meat Consumption and Cancer Risk

www.pcrm.org...

Personally I believe we all eat way too much, a few nuts and some dark green veggies a fruit and water would probably be enough, we all worry worry worry we are not getting enough this and that (all a shameless selling ploy) and pop vitamin pills all day. Are we improving...I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Ah ha , it didnt take 10mins to dig up the truth on this video

"Compassion in World Farming" is banned from advertising on TV, deemed too political, so we asked supporters to challenge this ludicrous ban by funding the creation of a film that would show the spin used by food marketers to sell us factory farmed food.

Well over 5,000 people pitched in with donations to get the video made. We’re thrilled that it’s now getting such a wide audience; sincere thanks to each and everyone who helped make this happen.

www.philiplymbery.com...

Its fake video presentation as i expected and the reason "No One Applauds This Woman Because They’re Too Creeped Out At Themselves To Put Their Hands Together" is because thats what they were told to do.

Also the OP's claim that this is not an anti meat video is wrong

Congratulations to my team at Compassion for coming up with such a great concept to get the message across. And again, huge thanks to our wonderful supporters for making the film possible.

On Saturday, I had the pleasure of being at London’s Frontline Club sharing Farmageddon stories from the field, courtesy of the Vegetarian Society. I really enjoyed the diversity of conversation and meeting London-based supporters, old and new. Thanks so much to the Vegetarian Society’s Lynne Elliot and staff and to everyone who came out; great talking with you.

Deny ignorance everyone

That doesnt take away from the point of the video one little bit.
Fake presentation or not, all the information is true, whether you like it or not.
In fact the reality is much much worse than the video showed.

Just youtube "Earthlings", watch the documentary then tell me you are not disgusted.

Im off to make a bacon sandwich.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
m.wholefoodsmarket.com...

Whole Foods Market has taken a proactive approach to these large farming practices by rating all welfare practices prior to harvesting. The bottom line is, there aren't enough of these farms to feed the masses, but individually you can make the conscious decision to buy humane quality.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You're right, we do eat too much - but I believe it's the food causing the amount we overeat. I say we, but I really mean most everyone else. The reason I don't include myself is that I keep chickens (around 100), and other livestock; and I see/feel the difference when I eat my own birds vs mass market stuff.

A little about the environment my chickens live in. They spend 12 hours per day free-ranging (no fences, wild plants and fruit trees, bugs, as much sunshine as the day provides). While my neighbors have big problems with grasshoppers and other bugs devastating their gardens, we don't have that problem. The grasshoppers don't stand a chance - I've seen 3 around my house so far this year.

We have, of course, more eggs than we can eat (6 dozen were given to seniors in our community on the 4th). At least once a week, we have breakfast for dinner. A dozen eggs (or more, sizes vary), toast, fried potatoes and onions, and bacon/sausage makes a good dinner. Our eggs are so rich, they satisfy easily. We also have quail, which are even more nutrient rich. 12 hard boiled quail eggs, a sliced cucumber and tomato, crackers and a can of tuna makes a great lunch for my wife and I - and by dinner time, we're still not hungry. Our chickens, when slaughtered, are very lean compared to store-bought chicken.

Many people eat mass quantities because they're not getting an appropriate amount of nutrition from the foods they're eating, so they eat more (and more). As a result, they get (maybe) enough of the nutrients they need, and almost always a bunch of other junk they don't (too much fat, carbs, sugars). Animals which live more naturally, make more nutritious meat (and eggs).

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Well it seems the audence was real, I wrote them to ask them why they used an acrtess here is the response.

Thank you for your email and taking the time to get in touch with us on this matter.

We did state on our website that the ‘food marketer’ on our video was in fact an actress, it would be extremely hard to find an actual food marketer to reveal their marketing secrets, which is why we used an actress. We wanted a film that would be different and could attract people who had never heard of factory farming or Compassion in World Farming before. We knew that to reach into the hearts and minds of those who normally avoid pictures of animal cruelty, we’d need an approach that was visually intriguing and packed a killer punchline. We worked with a film production company to find a creative and inspiring solution that could tell the world about factory farming and show people that they have the power to change things and make life better for farm animals.

Although the speaker is an actress, the audience are real. Catsnake (the film company) organised an evening with five speakers talking about the Hidden Psychology of Burlesque, astrophysics, storytelling, Neanderthal anthropology and, of course, The Secrets of Food Marketing. The evening was organised so that our talk appeared genuine. This was the only way to ensure that audience reactions were realistic. The event was advertised on various websites, including facebook, and people bought a ticket to attend. All monies from ticket sales have gone back into the film to pay for advertising, promotion and seeding.

I hope that you can understand why we chose to make this film in this way and appreciate that is delivers our statement in an effective way that many will actually take notice of. Once again thank you for getting in touch.

If you have any further questions, comments or feedback please don't hesitate to contact myself, Victoria, Louise or Tess in the Supporter Engagement Team and we will be happy to help in any way we can. You can call us on 01483 521 953 (lines are open 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday) or email [email protected]. Remember you can keep up-to-date with our work on our website at www.ciwf.org....

Kind regards

Talulah

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

But they forgot to mention it in the video description on youtube. In fact they said the exact opposite

Think you aren't being fooled by advertising tricks?

Take a look at this so-called expert revealing food marketing's secret weapon.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

But they forgot to mention it in the video description on youtube. In fact they said the exact opposite

Think you aren't being fooled by advertising tricks?

Take a look at this so-called expert revealing food marketing's secret weapon.

I am not arguing the point that is why I wrote and asked them!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

We did state on our website that the ‘food marketer’ on our video was in fact an actress

I cant see where on their website they say she is an actor. It just has a picture that says watch this, when you click it the video pops up in a w1ndow.

edit on 7-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thats IMDB not the "compassion in world farming" website. I know she is an actor , but CIWF are claiming they state that on their website, which they dont.

I already linked the IMDB page here www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
so we humans have been eating meat for thousands of years, and now the ones that still do, are ostracized...yeah, that'll work. I've got a t-bone I'm going to b-b-q tonight, coupled with a bake potato, smothered in sour cream and chives, with a side of steamed asparagus with mushrooms....and....I will feel perfectly fine about doing it.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

We did state on our website that the ‘food marketer’ on our video was in fact an actress

I cant see where on their website they say she is an actor. It just has a picture that says watch this, when you click it the video pops up in a w1ndow.

it is a big website...looking at it makes me so sad i can hardly function, i am glad there are people who care and investigate abuse.

Although the speaker is an actress, everything she says about the food industry is true. audience was only told the speaker was an actress once her talk had finished, so their shocked reaction is real.

www.ciwf.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
so we humans have been eating meat for thousands of years, and now the ones that still do, are ostracized...yeah, that'll work. I've got a t-bone I'm going to b-b-q tonight, coupled with a bake potato, smothered in sour cream and chives, with a side of steamed asparagus with mushrooms....and....I will feel perfectly fine about doing it.

Now see there people like you are the main problem. You feel someone is "ostracizing' you simply by pointing out the horrid, unbelievable abuse to our fellow mammals as we use them for our purposes.

Why can't you simply say, I like eating other animals and i don't give a darn what they do to them in the process!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: jimmyx

Now see there people like you are the main problem. You feel someone is "ostracizing' you simply by pointing out the horrid, unbelievable abuse to our fellow mammals as we use them for our purposes.

Why can't you simply say, I like eating other animals and i don't give a darn what they do to them in the process!

maybe all of this energy and outrage would be better spent, if directed toward the "horrid, and unbelievable abuse" of our fellow man. I recognize your statement is well-intentioned, however, the elimination of meat in diets would (at this time) be unwise. vegetable-based protein replacement would take decades to establish. you are probably talking about billions of tons of replacement product, this takes arable land, the logistics of ever-increasing farming on such a massive scale, the slow downsizing (due to millions of jobs lost) of the meat industry, and the political will across all the continents to pull it off.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

maybe all of this energy and outrage would be better spent, if directed toward the "horrid, and unbelievable abuse" of our fellow man.

Did you mean to say... toward...our fellow man? Because this IS abuse By our fellow man. I personally consider all of the creatures on this planet equal to man.

The land is used to grow grain, corn and all animal feed already, the difference would be people would eat from that land instead.

Here are some studies and projections of the sudden change to veganism for the world.
www.slate.com... tml

From their articles

A second major ramification of global vegetarianism would be expanses of new land available. Currently, grazing land for ruminants—cows and their kin—accounts for a staggering 26 percent of the world’s ice-free land surface.

It simply takes too much water to grow a steak. In a new report, leading water scientists say the human population would have to switch to an almost entirely vegetarian diet by 2050 to avoid catastrophic global food and water shortages.

It's a simple numbers game: Cattle, for example, consume a shocking 17 times more grain calories than they produce as meat calories. All that lost grain (which humans could have eaten) requires water. "Producing food requires more water than any other human activity — and meat production is very water-intensive," Josh Weinberg

www.livescience.com...
edit on 7-7-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It's like everyone else, the moron vocal minority ruin people's perception of things. The moron vocal minority go around acting like they are better than meat eaters, and talking down to people etc. Same as the vocal minority meat eaters will call vegans/vegetarian bleeding heart pussies. I have had vegan/vegetarians call me a liar when I tell them I tried it and it made me sick.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Someday i think they will make replicators like on Star Trek...then all will be bliss :-)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
An intresting video on food from a marketeers perspective.

She only plays one on youtube.

This is an agenda piece and she was pretending to be a food marketer.

Worth discussing, but since accuracy and honesty matters, thought I should make that clear.

And..I am not sure if they failed to clap because they felt bad about themselves. This woman accused them all blindly of animal cruelty and had deceived them. She basically ranted at them, told them they were the problem...without asking any of them a single question. She knows nothing about them or what they eat. I don't blame them for not applauding them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join