It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I did not know birds were this smart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I saw this video and had to share . I knew birds were smart but I did not know how smart.

Pretty impressive.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
I saw this video and had to share . I knew birds were smart but I did not know how smart.

Pretty impressive.

Don't you just love the fact he uses the crosswalk? Thats above and beyond.

But you have to know the crow is evil in the esoteric world, and thats what makes them smart. I know kinda takes the fun out of it. But hey we are on ATS.

edit on 5-7-2014 by MarlinGrace because: html fix

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Crows and Ravens are brilliant animals

Crow sledding...

Crow intelligence test

edit on 5-7-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Very smart they are indeed.

Even when they run out of sticks and twigs to build nests they Raid homes for Coat Hangers

Awesome birds

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I love crows and ravens. They are my favorite birds. They are incredibly smart. You can go on YouTube and find videos of them talking like parrots! And Akragon posted the same video I was looking for with the mayonnaise lid... The bird is obviously amusing itself as if it were a child.

Here is a video of some birds that have learned how to trip the motion sensor on these doors so they could get in and out when they wanted to...

Thanks for sharing this. Nature never ceases to impress!

edit on 7/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Thanks for this, nice to see it such information is shared because not everyone gets to experience certain animals first hand . I've cared for many birds that you'd compare their behavior to dogs and cats from emotion to being clever. And to top that science now just reveals what many from pet owners to animal caretakers know all along.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

They can be cute to. best friends with a cat.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

New Caledonian crows/blackbirds are VERY smart. One of my friends has a Caledonian crow and a grey parrot. The crow seems to teach the parrot new things. The Caledonian is very mischievious.
The Caledonian get all excited when I arrive. The Grey, just looks at me and looks at his meal bowl. One thing, the crow will allow me to "scratch" him, the Grey will try to bite me if I attempt to go under his feathers.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I love crows! I have seen some of these vids before, but it was nice to see them again to remind me how amazing these birds are!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I've always been amazed by the intelligence birds exhibit. I have seen them do some funny things as well. The hardest I ever laughed at a bird that I actually witnessed was when I saw a grackle run across a parking lot with an unopened bag of potato chips. Yesterday I was at the grocery store and I saw this same type of bird being tailed by this very small spotted bird. He was very plump, but I don't know what kind he was. He was following the larger bird around.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Darned right they are smart-
Our feathered friends are nothing less than the modern day legacy of the dinosaurs-Remember they walked the Earth for hundreds of millions of years before we came along-and they learned a few tricks along the way...Now they are birds,and they have kept their tricks.Its more than amazing really,once giant reptilian like beasts,now graceful yet often deadly flying birds.

An excellent example of what life will do to survive IMO.

top topics

join