It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever feel like you attract crazy people?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Oh yeah, all the time.

Usually they wind up living next door to me or working with me. So I can't escape.

Been stalked by work colleagues more times than you can shake a stick at - twice by gay males.

The place I'm currently living in was an idyllic cloud of peace and tranquillity when I first came, with quiet little old ladies for neighbours...but now a muscle-bound sociopath with a penchant for slamming doors has decided to be my next-door neighbour and daily threatens my sanity.

My job?

Oh, psychiatric nurse. What else?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. This too has been my life's experiences. However, now that I'm very much older and have more of life's experiences under my belt, I would not call them crazy - unless their thoughts went right over the edge of reason - but then, what may be reasonable for one may not be reasonable for another.

I have now come to the conclusion that it may only take something benign as me looking into their eyes, which instigates a connection - an engagement - on a personal level, which may be enough to release the flood gates. I also stop and listen to people, I try to hear and understand what they are trying to relay, but I have always preferred indepth exploratory discussion rather than chit chat.

So, all in all, I (we) may be the catalyst that not only attracts this behaviour, but actually nurtures it along.

edit on 6-7-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamesmm791
Wow yea I get it all the time! Last one I found my self calming down a lady at the fuel pumps.In a nutshell, fuel splashed on her or what ever. Then the manager became involved and I found my self resolving the issue for both of them. I've got nothing...just find my self in awkward situations like that and leave you just saying wow, that was different!

Not too long ago I was grocery shopping and just happened to pick up a bottle of sweet baby ray's bbq sauce as this man walked by my.

What started off as a conversation about how good the sauce is ended up in me hearing about this man's every ailment as well as the ailments of every one of his family members. Not to mention most of his life history.

Just standing there in the middle of the isle....this guy must have talked to me for 1/2 and hour. All because he saw me pick up a bottle of sweet baby rays.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hilarious! I swear I just laughed so hard I accidently spit out coffee on my keyboard.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

A kind smile, the ability to listen and that is key, not just hear the words but understand the message they are trying to convey and read between the lines as well. When you open your heart and mind to a person, a bond forms and a transaction on a different level happens. It's hard to find. People have been lucky to find you.

Myself I attract the ones that see my aura, read me instantly and almost perfectly, we have just met and have known each other forever understanding everything, and I usually receive a medical diagnoses on the spot. It doesn't happen often but when it does the world collapses and it is just one focused conversation, no matter whats happening around us. Other than that I pretty much stay away from people in general. Sounds nuts I know.

I too try to keep to myself...it just seems to find me somehow.

Do you mean that people give you a medical diagnoses or people usually tell you about their medical issues?

I'm not sure why but, people always want to tell me about their medical problems. Either that or, they reveal way too much personal information way too soon.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

That type of interaction happens to me all the time, and when I tell my friends and family they are say ... 'What? No!"

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
a reply to: olaru12

Hilarious! I swear I just laughed so hard I accidently spit out coffee on my keyboard.

Thanks, as a screenwriter/filmmaker, it's nice to be appreciated. I may expand that scenario into a short film for festivals and if I do, I'll definitely give you screen credit for the concept. Thanks for starting this thread. ATS is my main resource for ideas to include in my work.

edit on 6-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

A kind smile, the ability to listen and that is key, not just hear the words but understand the message they are trying to convey and read between the lines as well. When you open your heart and mind to a person, a bond forms and a transaction on a different level happens. It's hard to find. People have been lucky to find you.

Myself I attract the ones that see my aura, read me instantly and almost perfectly, we have just met and have known each other forever understanding everything, and I usually receive a medical diagnoses on the spot. It doesn't happen often but when it does the world collapses and it is just one focused conversation, no matter whats happening around us. Other than that I pretty much stay away from people in general. Sounds nuts I know.

I too try to keep to myself...it just seems to find me somehow.

Do you mean that people give you a medical diagnoses or people usually tell you about their medical issues?

I'm not sure why but, people always want to tell me about their medical problems. Either that or, they reveal way too much personal information way too soon.

Oh no they tell me about my medical issues. Most people would look at them as crazy and many are frightened, but I accept them as they are, they have gifts and even though they many not want them they have them. It is a strange attraction.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Well yes, I attract mentally dysfunctional people.

However, I need to resort to no genetic or biological reason for this, since the reason for the near magnetic attraction I hold for the mentally unstable is pretty obvious. Kinship.

I mean, let's face it, I light cigarettes with sunlight and a magnifying glass, I am extremely hairy, and like to converse about bladed objects, science, history, politics... Most people I meet who ARE NOT crazy, secretly think that either I got farted out by a comic book universe for uttering obscenities beyond the bounds of good taste, or am some kind of freaky drunken wizard!

It is no more unusual for a nutcase to speak to another nutcase, than it is for one metal head to speak to another, or for two teachers to wind up conversing. We are naturally drawn toward the familiar, the comfortable, and people considered to be dysfunctional in some regard, no matter how tame or extreme, are no exception to that at one level, unless of course their particular psychosis revolves around an irrational fear of harmlessly crazy folk of course.

That is not to say that some folks who are utterly pants on head bonkers, are not dangerous as hell of course, we all know that they can be. But generally speaking, persons of like mind come together more readily than persons who diverge in key areas, and being stark raving bonkers is one of those points of divergence which can make the only other nutbar in a room, gravitate toward me as if I was laser painted.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

That type of interaction happens to me all the time, and when I tell my friends and family they are say ... 'What? No!"

Once they experience it in your presence, they will never doubt you again.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You are a good and kind and compassionate person. It's not just about "attracting" crazies anymore. Good folks like you are more aware of the wrong headed folks around you. The "crazies" are a vexation to us all and seek out folks far and wide no matter what.

Ever go into Wally world and notice the bizarre behaviors there? The inconsiderate and thoughtless drones wondering around like zombies in their own little bassackward world...and Heavens forbid if you invade their space. Going out to these stores or the mall nowadays is like stepping into a "Twilight Zone" remake...or a Honey Boo Boo invasion of sorts.

I have the same trouble you do. I'm too good hearted, hubby says...and boy do the crazies have radar for that and are drawn to someone like that like moths to a light. We are the "light workers" and the crazies are drawn to that light and take as much of our "good" energy as they can...and try and put a bushel over the light we exude to their own ends.

In point of fact, it isn't your fault dear one. The crazies are everywhere anymore and we are their beacon unfortunately. Sad but true. Blessings to you.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think of it as being a 'nut magnet'. I've always known I was one. If I got on a bus in Los Angeles, the guy that got on the bus wanting to smear everyone with hot potato salad would always sit next to me, regardless of the open seating around him.

Nut magnets are born, not made.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Oh yeah, all the time.

Usually they wind up living next door to me or working with me. So I can't escape.

Been stalked by work colleagues more times than you can shake a stick at - twice by gay males.

The place I'm currently living in was an idyllic cloud of peace and tranquillity when I first came, with quiet little old ladies for neighbours...but now a muscle-bound sociopath with a penchant for slamming doors has decided to be my next-door neighbour and daily threatens my sanity.

My job?

Oh, psychiatric nurse. What else?

I once lived in a pretty nice and tranquil apartment....

until a bona fide "crazy" moved in across the street.

He made my life a living hell once his mind decided that I was having an affair with his Dad!

Crazy stuff.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Once they experience it in your presence, they will never doubt you again.

my sister just told me a another interesting story that just happened to her a couple of days ago.

She was at a local county fair and was standing in line at one of those fresh squeeze lemonade stands.

She stood in line for a bit but, once she got to the front of the line the guy making the lemonade sort of honed in on her and started chatting her up.

He told her where he was from, that his father was a preacher, what his childhood was like.....She learned his entire life story in a matter of minutes....All while waiting for a fresh lemonade.

We're magnets.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That explains why I've always enjoyed your threads/posts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join