It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever feel like you attract crazy people?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I can't explain it but, for as long as I can remember, I've found myself in situations where I sit back and think.....how did this happen?

People seek me out for some reason....people that have issues. People that need to talk about their issues. I find myself in awkward situations more than I care to admit.

I've tried to resign myself into a state of being a borderline hermit but, that hasn't even worked.

The "crazy" still finds me somehow.

My sister thinks we have some sort of "crazy" recessive gene that crazy people have a radar for...maybe she's right.

Does anyone else know what the h@!! I'm talking about?

It's been a crazy weekend.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Oh yes. It's like being a lighthouse to a flock of moths. It used to really bother me until I realized maybe I'm the only person that is willing to treat them with respect, listen to them, actually look them in the eye. But try to get away, that's the bigger issue, ha, ha.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Got too many crazies in my life. That's why I am on ATS.

I'm now finding THEM! I hit the jackpot...
lol

Peace

edit on 5-7-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

Oh yes. It's like being a lighthouse to a flock of moths. It used to really bother me until I realized maybe I'm the only person that is willing to treat them with respect, listen to them, actually look them in the eye. But try to get away, that's the bigger issue, ha, ha.

That's just it...It's in my nature to be patient and kind. By nature, I cannot turn a blind eye or ear. I want to help as much as I can. Somehow I just find myself in situations that I often just want the hell out of....

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Got too many crazies in my life. That's why I am on ATS.

I'm now finding THEM! I hit the jackpot...
lol

Peace

If history is an indicator of the future.....

You absolutely hit the jackpot!

Stick with me and you will have a boatload of crazy.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You have to understand that such people are far from idiots....TheyHAVELEARNED TO SIFT THROUGH PEOPLE AND PICK OUT THE ONES MOST LIKELY TO ENTER THEIR DELUSIONS OR ENABLE THEM.....THEY ARE MASTERS AT THIS...HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK THE PSYCHOPATHS TOOK CONTROL OF THE WORLD?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wow yea I get it all the time! Last one I found my self calming down a lady at the fuel pumps.In a nutshell, fuel splashed on her or what ever. Then the manager became involved and I found my self resolving the issue for both of them. I've got nothing...just find my self in awkward situations like that and leave you just saying wow, that was different!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
You have to understand that such people are far from idiots....TheyHAVELEARNED TO SIFT THROUGH PEOPLE AND PICK OUT THE ONES MOST LIKELY TO ENTER THEIR DELUSIONS OR ENABLE THEM.....THEY ARE MASTERS AT THIS...HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK THE PSYCHOPATHS TOOK CONTROL OF THE WORLD?

I don't feel that I have delusional tendencies...I'm not much of an enabler either...

I just try to be a nice person.

that's it....crazy crap just tends to find me.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I am one of the crazy people that seek out halfwits to try and open a channel of light between them and my green pigs.
Careful of the light green one though, his name is Bobby and he's mean. Look up there, can you see it? Those little sparkely dudes. They give me money and polo shirts to wear and tell me about Jesus. One of em aint a dude, he's a she and wants me to go back behind the dumpster with her/him and drink the koolaid. It's grape but tastes like banana. Ed says to pray. WTF I pray all the time. Ed has a big dog and lets me pet the rabbits. Someday I wanna live on Cannery Row. Can you spare a few bucks for the bus?

edit on 5-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Based on my first two marriages, and several other relationships, yes, I definitely feel that I attract crazy people.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
A patient listener always attracts these folks. Keep in mind the number of insane humans only increases daily, as the reality of living in a society gone mad breaks the spirits of many, such as those buying into the myth/lie of chemical imbalance in the brain necessitating the administration of bizarre dangerous drugs known as SSRIs. A calm, centered mind fueled by genuinely nutritious, healing foods will help fortify oneself against the dangers.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

A kind smile, the ability to listen and that is key, not just hear the words but understand the message they are trying to convey and read between the lines as well. When you open your heart and mind to a person, a bond forms and a transaction on a different level happens. It's hard to find. People have been lucky to find you.

Myself I attract the ones that see my aura, read me instantly and almost perfectly, we have just met and have known each other forever understanding everything, and I usually receive a medical diagnoses on the spot. It doesn't happen often but when it does the world collapses and it is just one focused conversation, no matter whats happening around us. Other than that I pretty much stay away from people in general. Sounds nuts I know.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Attracting the crazies? Since birth. Born into a family of crazies, and for the longest time I was surrounded by them. I am talking the real crazies here. I have become a very isolated person for a reason, although I wouldn't say that I am not going crazy myself the last year.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

My wife accuses me of this, but then again, she married me.

I think part of my mind is still in that stage where kids see Fred Flintstone is wearing a dress and they think nothing of it. I hear the person out, and then later, in my car go, "Hey, waitiminit, there's something about that guy that ain't quite right."
All the while in the back of my head, I'm thinking that the person that approached me is crazy, but the front half of my mind hears them out and nods and goes, "Uh-huh, yeh, I see what you are saying."
I don't give out any personal information, and if they ask for it, I lie like crazy, say I'm visiting from Camaroon or someplace like that.

I normally don't like to go around too many people.
edit on 6-7-2014 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

I don't feel that I have delusional tendencies...I'm not much of an enabler either...

Bullship...if you are kind patient and helpful...you ARE an enabler......
If you pay attention to their nonsense you enter their delusion...whether you are delusional or not .....no fence but reality sucks....
edit on 6-7-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Maybe this reflects upon the (mental) state of our society.

I've also been thinking that many of the people I've been meeting have issues. Also why I don't have really close friends like I used to.

Maybe as you get older you get more critical of people, or maybe there is something else going on.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
One of my psychology professors asked us a question on the first day of class. He said, "How many of you are crazy, raise your hand."

No one did.

Then he said, "How many of you think everyone else in society is crazy, raise your hand."

Everyone did.

Perception is a heck of a thing!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Bullship...if you are kind patient and helpful...you ARE an enabler......
If you pay attention to their nonsense you enter their delusion...whether you are delusional or not .....no fence but reality sucks....

1. Please tell me you're not a hostage negotiator. 2. Don't apply for any psychology jobs. 3. I bet you don't get approached much.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Crazy people are very good at finding others who will allow them to be crazy.

Usually this results in borderline abusive relationships.

The same thing used to happen to me a lot, until I started establishing much stronger boundaries with crazy people, because it was such a drain on my emotional resources to deal with all the crazy.

And amazingly the vast majority of them all went away, presumably to find somebody with fewer boundaries for them to rampage across.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Mornin',

I think you've got this all reversed and back to front.
Just about everyone on this planet is crazy.
It's just that some of us hide it better than others.
The only ones you really have to worry about are the ones who insist that they are normal.
As far as I'm concerned, crazy is just life's way of adding a little seasoning to your day.
Bon Appetite!

-Peace-

top topics

<<   2 >>

join