It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train derailment dumps 737's into MT river.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: boomer135

Oh I know it could be all of them, but currently it sounds like just the three.

there was a picture i saw of one sitting by the track that was just the cockpit back to a couple rows it looked like,the rest completely torn off. so that is at least 4 down. some pictures of the 3 down the hill show some major damage to them (one a big gash from top to bottom, another one or two looked like they were buckled from bending, yet what is obviously the same aircraft in other pictures you don't see the damage which is weird). in one picture i could see that greenish color in the water, possibly one was underwater or just a weird reflection(?) but there does seem to be a forth empty rail car on the hill. haven't seen any pictures of the other one or two at all.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I just re-read the story and it said all six fuselages fell off, with three going into the river. The other three stayed on land. Boeing is deciding what to do with them, but they will scrap them. Too much liability.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

The second has been winched up from the river, with the third to go up by late today. The 777 and 747 parts appear undamaged and will continue on to Washington.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonofaSkunk
If, as someone said, the fuselages are placed at the head end of the train, then this was probably a wash out or "soft spot" caused by water running off downhill toward the river. Locomotives made it over, airplane bodies not so much.

they're not allways at the head, i've played softball weekend in wenatchee and pointed out trains headed to the cascade tunnel with several 737'son them, sometimes not next to the engines.

although with today's rate of 42 a month they probably have a dedicated trains just for boeing and not mixed freight

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigx001

If, as someone said, the fuselages are placed at the head end of the train, then this was probably a wash out or "soft spot" caused by water running off downhill toward the river. Locomotives made it over, airplane bodies not so much.

they're not allways at the head, i've played softball weekend in wenatchee and pointed out trains headed to the cascade tunnel with several 737'son them, sometimes not next to the engines.

although with today's rate of 42 a month they probably have a dedicated trains just for boeing and not mixed freight

Actually they are required to be within 10 to 15 cars from the engine, depending on the railroad company. Any high value/wide/high load has to be.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Too bad The Walking Dead production team didn't jump on it and shoot some footage... would have been awesome...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135

originally posted by: bigx001

Actually they are required to be within 10 to 15 cars from the engine, depending on the railroad company. Any high value/wide/high load has to be.

probable, but they were'nt next to the engine and even looking across the river from rock island park you could see they were bnsf, distinctive colors. i don't recall ever seeing more than 2 in a string, but then boeing was barely doing 25 a month, they may be doing twice that in a couple years

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
here's an update for you

Damaged in a Montana train derailment earlier this month, fuselages for six 737s were crushed and bailed this week, and their remains were expected to be removed by Saturday.

Source

Bundles of crushed fuselage sit next to an intact jet body that awaits the same fate Thursday morning at a temporary crushing yard at the Rivulet siding near Fish Creek.

Sour ce (with pictures)

I'm sure the insurance company and lawyers all said the liability is too great to salvage any parts and use them in any plane

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigx001

And this is when the lawyers sink there teeth in. Someones gonna pay.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join