It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Woman Dies After Suing Over Delayed Obamacare Coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Now we see a possible real time casualty of the Obama.Care boondoggle.

A women had big problems trying to "sign up" for insurance through the completely screwed up Nevada Obama.Care exchange and delayed treatment for a brain tumor.

Horrible bureaucracy. Amateur night with no prizes.

It looks like Obama.Care has created death panels by default in spite of itself.

At least the Coroners and undertakers are staying busy. They seem to be the only ones doing any real "covering".

A woman with a brain tumor who sued Nevada’s Obamacare exchange contractor for delayed coverage died earlier this week.

Linda Rolain was among 150 Nevadans suing the contractor Xerox for lack of coverage. She is the first to die of complications from an illness, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

“We are worried that this is the first of many Nevadans who have life-threatening issues that may end up in such tragic circumstances,” Rolain’s lawyers said in a statement.

Nevada Woman Dies After Suing Over Delayed Obamacare Coverage

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A lot of us Vets tried warning others of what would happen if the ACA was adopted since the government runs the VA oh so well. I'm pretty sure that we'll be seeing more stories such as this one.
edit on 5-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Exploiting someone's death for political points? That's pretty low.

I mean, we can argue on what exactly 'Obamacare' is. Is it the state exchanges that the states are responsible for setting up? Is it the federal exchange, developed for states who couldn't/wouldn't set up their own exchanges? Is it the requirement that you can't get dropped from your insurance if you've fallen ill or if you've a pre-existing condition?

Perhaps, it would seem, Obamacare is what we're calling the American health care system. So now...anything bad or good that occurs with our health care we'll just call it Obamacare?

It was the Nevada state exchange and, more specifically, the contractor who was supposed to cover this woman, who failed here. Nevada has since gone to the federal exchange, as noted in (a different article that I can't link to on ATS...).

It's terrible news. It really is. Did you make a thread in 2009 when the following study was released by Harvard Medical?
New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage.

Even with the implementation of mandatory coverage for all Americans this year we're still at 15% uninsured.
edit on 5-7-2014 by links234 because: Legal disputes.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Obama.Care has led in to all problems connected to it.

Obama.Care is responsible for all the deaths connected to its failures.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
...and they're saving the worst for after the elections.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I guess there's no point in trying to convince you of anything beyond that then.

Off-topic: Why do you type it as 'Obama.Care'?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

I guess there's no point in trying to convince you of anything beyond that then.

You have to do that with dirty words on ATS or they get censored.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Because of the "." in healthcare.gov multiple failures.

Most of the phony sign-ups happened on the phone or in the mail.

And they still can't get it straight who is eligible or how much their incomes really are.

Massive failure on all fronts (and backs) (and sides)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Your joking right? If your not, then what did the Democrats do with Sandy Hook exactly? Did they not use the dead children for political gain to get everyone behind an agenda? Pot meet Kettle.

On Topic, I think many people knew something like this was inevitable just based on the fact that so many people have had issues signing up. I also suspect that this will happen more often because people will not be able to afford their "affordable health care" deductibles of 5k+ just to get treatment.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

You're joking, right?

I mean we never see the lefties stumbling over themselves and climbing atop a child's casket, while blubbering in to the cameras, "Not one more!"

The legislation that is Obamacare is a farce, it's implementation was a joke and at after two years all we as a nation have to show for it are a few dozen #ty websites that all told cost nearly a trillion dollars to create, thousands of contractors that are actively lying on applications and telling enrollees to lie, tens of thousands of individuals that committed fraud to get their free money (subsidies) and tens of thousands that have no idea if they are legitimately covered or not.

And the overall percentage of total uninsured (from your own link) proves the entire spectacle was for nothing.

So you take that political tripe and kick rocks.
edit on 7-7-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

"Well...you guys do it too!"

That makes it ok. You're right.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

"Well...you guys do it too!"

That makes it ok. You're right.

I never said two wrongs make a right in this scenario. But in this case there is a woman who is dead, as a direct result of the disastrous implementation of O-Care.

If since the left used the deaths of uninsured to lay the blame on me, then you by default are responsible for the deaths associated with this FUBAR.

This isn't a tit-for-tat, rather this should be the cold shower for your ilk to wake up.

new topics

top topics

join