It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Exactly is a "554 Transaction" From Yahoo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've been trying to send a personal email out of the states and it fails to go and I get this notice from "System Administrator" "554 Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit postmaster.yahoo.com... for more information"

First, I thought I was being blocked because someone had hacked my account again. Then I wondered if the intended recipient was being blocked from receiving. I'm certainly not doing anything to be blocked.

Unrelated second question: Has ATS deleted the personal bio profile that it once had? When I click on "Go to your profile" I see only forums that I've contributed to and not the little bio aspect as was formerly.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Instead of clicking on profile, go into the down arrow then click on account and you will see what you 'inputed' into your personal description.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You are experiencing a server error. You didn't do anything, it's all a problem with the server - because of the error number, it's likely a problem with a database transaction.

The web has a lot of different HTTP status codes - the most common one being 200, but the most well known code is 404. The reason 200 is the most common is because it's a success code, and 404 being the most well known one because when a page moves or is deleted, 404 NOT FOUND is the message we see.

500 series codes are server error codes.

Here's a list of HTTP status codes:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-7-2014 by stutteringp0et because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It's not a "554 transaction".

It's code 554, meaning "Transaction failed".

The message means your account has been blocked due to suspicious activity. Maybe you were hit by a spambot, or it could have been triggered by an email you sent to lots of addresses at once.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stutteringp0et

(deleted)
edit on 5-7-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

It's not a "554 transaction".

It's code 554, meaning "Transaction failed".

The message means your account has been blocked due to suspicious activity. Maybe you were hit by a spambot, or it could have been triggered by an email you sent to lots of addresses at once.

The "official" email from Yahoo states exactly as I copied it to my OP, "554 Transaction." So you might want to talk to them about proper protocol.

All of my normal out-going email go unhindered. But that one, even if I include it in the body of an email to myself does not get sent. I'm thinking it triggers the blocking. You see, I have suspicions about the business that uses that email address.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It means the destination domain have instructed their mail server to blocked messages from Yahoo accounts. Probably because of spam from another account.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

That's what I was going to say. Its maybe not the OP that is blocked...but the other end-recipient with some issues there.

top topics

join