Pew Survey: 60% of 'Solid Liberals' Not Proud to Be Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Legitimate question, do you understand how context can over come grammatical errors?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Legitimate question, do you understand how context can over come grammatical errors?
No I don't so explain that. You know one way or the other if that poster is an American citizen - natural born or otherwise?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: Bilk22 Born and raised in America. Yes, I know I made some bad grammar errors. I swear I never notice them until I step a way and come back, at least an hour or more later. Aside from the bad grammar, ( me instead of make, and ad instead of add) is there anything else?

No. It was the phraseology that made me think you may not have been.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

it is probably a location thing. My husband and I come from two completely different parts of the country and we discuss the differences in speech often. He swears the part of the U.S. I come from is more like a different planet.
Hella anyone?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Hella anyone?

Get that nor-cal stuff out of here

Or at least that is the only place I have heard some one say hella
My brother used to say that allll the time lol
edit on thMon, 07 Jul 2014 00:26:20 -0500America/Chicago720142080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I was just saying that you can used context to get around a grammatical error, not that you could tell where some one is from

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Not my fault I was born there lol. Ok, done taking thread off topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join