Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Pew Survey: 60% of 'Solid Liberals' Not Proud to Be Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I can list a few things not to be proud of.

1. Spending more on military than the rest of the world combined.

2. Being 17 trillion dollars in debt...and counting.

3. Having the largest prison population in the world.

4. The fact that every single phone call, message, discussion, etc is recorded 24/7/365

5. The fact that we use false pretenses to start wars with people then reduce them to third world countries with no infrastructure.

6. Benghazi

7. 9/11

8. Iraq

This is home to me. I want to see it be a better place. Its been in decline my whole life. Neither side has clean hands in this mess. We were sold out before most of us were even born. We are just witnessing the end game after decades of carefully planned sabotage from within. We should let that sink in for a bit. Democrats AND republicans both have been conspiring against us every single session of congress and every single presidential administration since who knows when. At the bare minimum since the federal reserve was enacted. Both sides fell asleep at the wheel. Crash is inevitable.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

stalin and mao did what they did for a real reason. Stalin and Mao turned agrarian, undeveloped countries, ripe for division/exploitation amongst the present/surviving empires at the time, and made them soverign industrialized powers.

through mass murder and slave labor.
and even today both china and russia have repressive governments. they allow a little freedom, but nothing compared to the rest of the world

edit on 5-7-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Liberals don't like themselves or pretty much anyone. Be nice if they all found a place they are happy with and move there.

Blanket statements are caused by emotion and not reason so i will call that emotion hate. All who star such are haters in my book.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

We are just witnessing the end game after decades of carefully planned sabotage from within.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I don't think anything we're experiencing now was carefully planned, you're giving the greedy way too much credit for simply kicking the can down the road.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Sure we could.

If I believed in morally ambiguous equivalency.

Wrong is wrong in my book.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Liberals don't like themselves or pretty much anyone. Be nice if they all found a place they are happy with and move there.

Blanket statements are caused by emotion and not reason so i will call that emotion hate. All who star such are haters in my book.
It's not emotion. It's my observations and experiences I base that statement on.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Sounds like you hate liberals

Well at least this post makes it seem that way, maybe I just caught a bad one
What I hate is the hypocrisy of liberals. I live in a huge liberal stronghold where they all love their gourmet coffee shops and million dollar townhouses. Can't wait to see the look on their faces when they realize they destroyed their own cushy existence. We're all riding on the same boat. They just don't know it.

What I find even worse is they can be shown example after example of their policies and yet they still think people are mean, racial, bigots when you don't agree based on evidence. It's the old don't confuse me with the facts, I am going to believe what I want. How do you fight that mentality? Is there a clear thinking conversion pill available?

After 6 years in office how does one continue to blame the previous administration and convince people to go along? This has to be the ultimate salesman and the MSM has to be his ultimate marketing department. Any normal person would have thought since he's been reelected look who's crap he inherits now.

It astonishes me when thread after thread Bush is still blamed for everything today in some peoples minds. The shallow thinking liberal mentality of the Bush defense, is a false dichotomy when you consider with a pen and phone he can fix anything, anything except a Bush creation. Talk about a mind numb robot.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The problem isnt "liberals". There are people that are liberal that disagree with a lot of things that are going on as well. If people stopped picking sides that they felt obligated to stay on and just dealt with the issues at hand the world would be a better place. The trillions of dollars spent by conservatives on wars and banker bailouts. That money could have sustained all the liberal programs that people despise so much for a long time. Especially when you factor in interest, the loss of our credit rating, and the respect of the world. Liberals and Conservatives wrecked this country and until people stop arguing over who did what and come together to make them change it, its not going to. Thats the bottom line. People have valid reasons to be ashamed of things this country has done. Me personally...wouldnt wanna live anywhere else. The noose appears to be tightening faster everywhere else in the world.

And liberals didn't go along with any wars? They all had to sign off on Iraq, the UN signed off, the greatest woman ever told even signed off "Billary". Seems to me Obama spent 800 billion in one single stroke of his pen and what did we get for it?

Your bottom line is correct, coming together is the answer, and that entails getting rid of ALL of them, a complete replacement in DC. Then maybe someone will get the hint. If I am ashamed of anything it is myself and the people for letting it happen. I have written, called, discussed, have my own blog, and to no avail, the presidency seems to be purchasable, common sense is out the window and government freebies continues enslavement and guarantees votes. I should have done more.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm fairly sure that it doesn't matter to most posters in this thread, as it is yet another Bash Liberals/Progressive Fest ... but if any one is actually interested in the results of the ACTUAL study conducted by Pew Research ... it is to be found here: Beyond Red V. Blue

Having read the report, I find not even one statistical finding that says that "Solid Liberals" (a term that is defined precisely in this report) are not "proud to be Americans."

What I do find is:

Page 33: 70% of Solid Liberals say the best days of the United States are ahead of us.

Page 34: 82% of Solid Liberals say that the US either stands above all other countries or, is one of the greatest countries, among others.

It's a really well done report, and the typology makes a lot of sense. Some of you might be amazed at what the study shows, for example:

Page 37: 67% say they only trust the government some of the time, or NEVER. Hmmm.

Also on Page 37: 81% of Solid Liberals say they are either Angry or Frustrated with the Federal Government. Hmmmmm.

Okay, enough facts. Back to the Lib-bashing.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

You are looking for an argument where there is none. I said both sides are guilty. Nothing you can say about either side can prove anything to the contrary. Not all liberals believe in abortion. Not all liberals support gay marriage. Not all liberals support the welfare state. The problem has become that we are forced to pick a side instead of just voting on the issues.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I don't think anything we're experiencing now was carefully planned, you're giving the greedy way too much credit for simply kicking the can down the road.

To bone75
These are people who attend some of the best schools and universities, hold numerous degrees and titles, and are extremely well connected. Surely you arent implying that no one ever saw the writing on the wall. Think about this hypothetical situation for a second. I could print money myself. Instead I have you print the money and loan it to me at interest. Since there isnt enough of our new money to pay you back what i borrowed plus interest i have to keep borrowing. You dont need a degree in advanced mathematics to understand where that situation is going to put you given enough time. The people who run our finances have several degrees in math. Of course its planned. Manipulating the stock market and insider trading are prime examples.
edit on 6-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

You are looking for an argument where there is none. I said both sides are guilty. Nothing you can say about either side can prove anything to the contrary. Not all liberals believe in abortion. Not all liberals support gay marriage. Not all liberals support the welfare state. The problem has become that we are forced to pick a side instead of just voting on the issues.

And it is you my friend that said conservative spent trillions on war and banker bailouts... thus picking a side.

This is the first sentence in my second paragraph.

"Your bottom line is correct, coming together is the answer, and that entails getting rid of ALL of them, a complete replacement in DC."

I am with you not against you on this one. They gotta go...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: Char-Lee

It's not emotion. It's my observations and experiences I base that statement on.

So you have experience of every human who calls themselves Liberals? Incredible statement...very ...emotional me thinks!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I can not be proud of my country, is has done too many things that me me ashamed, and the people don't care! That is what makes it so bad. Leaving takes money. My husband and I hope to move one day, but for not it is feasible, the plane tickets alone is more than we have.

I would like to ad that I don't associated my self with a particular political leaning. I really am all over the board when it comes to different issues.
edit on 6-7-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
I can not be proud of my country, is has done too many things that me me ashamed, and the people don't care! That is what makes it so bad. Leaving takes money. My husband and I hope to move one day, but for not it is feasible, the plane tickets alone is more than we have.

I would like to ad that I don't associated my self with a particular political leaning. I really am all over the board when it comes to different issues.

Interesting.

Where would be the best place to go?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Of course they're not. The want to change everything about America.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I didnt pick a side. You assumed I picked a side. I simply didnt allow one side to be bashed without pointing out that both were at fault. I apologize if you dont feel like I gave one side as much attention as I gave the other. I was just giving a good example of how the other side fumbled the ball as well.
I dont identify as conservative or liberal. I identify as an individual capable of coming to an informed decision without needing a group to belong to. I encourage everyone to approach politics with the same attitude. The whole liberal and conservative argument is so lame because the people who are truly informed know they are both failures.

Ill drink to that
edit on 6-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
We have a few countries in mind.

edit on 6-7-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I didnt pick a side. You assumed I picked a side. I simply didnt allow one side to be bashed without pointing out that both were at fault. I apologize if you dont feel like I gave one side as much attention as I gave the other. I was just giving a good example of how the other side fumbled the ball as well.
I dont identify as conservative or liberal. I identify as an individual capable of coming to an informed decision without needing a group to belong to. I encourage everyone to approach politics with the same attitude. The whole liberal and conservative argument is so lame because the people who are truly informed know they are both failures.

Ill drink to that

I often say the difference between a republican and a democrat is the spelling. Nothing to apologize for I just missed your point. I to think an objective view is the way to go, not division from the outset. We can't continue to let them divide us, it makes control much easier. It is our job to control them not the other way around.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

Legitimate question here - are you American and/or a citizen? The wording of your post makes me think otherwise.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22 Born and raised in America. Yes, I know I made some bad grammar errors. I swear I never notice them until I step a way and come back, at least an hour or more later. Aside from the bad grammar, ( me instead of make, and ad instead of add) is there anything else?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join