page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Bilk22
a reply to: xuenchen
Liberals don't like themselves or pretty much anyone. Be nice if they all found a place they are happy with and move there.

That seems like a lot of hate, for a lot of people just because somebody stuck a label on them. I doubt anyone fits any lael precisely but i had to look up Liberal again just to see why you hate so much...I don't get it. Surely on this list you would be with and against some of each.
www.studentnewsdaily.com...
This is what liberals do. They turn the situation around and claim you're a hater because you don't agree with them. They also claim you're a racist if you don't agree with Obama. I don't hate. Liberals hate and if you don't do as liberals say, they they really hate on you and call you a racist.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

eh; You could argue that such is the price of industrialization.. or empire in general.

the US, and western europe aren't anymore innocent of those crimes.

Perhaps finland is though, but I'm not certain.

a reply to: Bilk22
hmm... perhaps you're using arguements that actual racists have used, or arguements that (to the liberal in question) have classist subtexts (classism is confused for racism in the united states).

It could be the confrontational tone the right-wing seems to have, the endless use by pundits of the words "liberal" or "progressive", in a negative context, whereby the labels are attached to non-liberal or non-progressive policies, by people who do on occasion make blanket statements that are racist or classist.
edit on 5-7-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Wasn't Mao worse then Stalin?
Seen numbers of like 50 mill murdered by mao, maybe they were wrong

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: intrepid

stalin and mao did what they did for a real reason.

Stalin and Mao turned agrarian, undeveloped countries, ripe for division/exploitation amongst the present/surviving empires at the time, and made them soverign industrialized powers.

An undeveloped country could have never turned back and defeated the Germans in WWII. Stalin killed 20 million people and started with the educated like every good communist. If you think Russia wasn't industrialized how do you account for the amount of mass produced weapons necessary to win against the Germans.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Sounds like you hate liberals

Well at least this post makes it seem that way, maybe I just caught a bad one

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Wasn't Mao worse then Stalin?
Seen numbers of like 50 mill murdered by mao, maybe they were wrong

I know 20 million is a good number for Stalin, I have a russian friend that is a student of history, Wiki says MAO is more much more but Stalin did it much faster. MAO starved millions, Stalin brutalized them to death. Either way Americas numbers are a pittance compared to these guys. Not that that gets them a get out of jail free card but holy smokes I don't see how you can even compare the two to the US. Thanks for the sort out on MAO. It's worth doing more research .

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'd be scared of any politician that claimed to be a "proud" American. That politician will just fall in line behind the rest and not change a damned thing.

We want a president who is ASHAMED of this nation and wants to help make it into something we can all be proud of.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Do you have any proof that Stalin killed 20 million people? Really because the whole Stalin death number is anywhere from 10 million to a ridiculous 60 million. You can't just say 20 million because no one really knows for sure.

Most of the deaths were caused under the Bolsheviks (Zionists) anyway, under Lenin (Real name Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov) Gee, I wonder why he changed his name?

I never said anything about the Federal Reserve in my post. I said Central Banks. And furthermore, why would the IMF answer to the Federal Reserve? They are separate entities but I'm probably missing something here. It would make more sense that the Federal Reserve now answers to the IMF considering the IMF has control of almost every central bank in the world.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Don't for a second assume that they are THAT unhappy with the current administration. The love it, but it isn't that progressive enough. They want to rebuild the US drastically in the way that Obama is heading and they are comfortable with the fact that he see fit to destroy it to get his and their desires. The plan just isn't proceeding quite as they had figured. --Meaning you will never see any of them in the streets.

Yup. They love him.

from the story....

According to the comprehensive survey, 69% of Solid Liberals are white, and 41% are under 40 years of age. They make up 15% of the general public and 17% of registered voters.

Almost unanimously they love President Barack Obama – 84% approve Obama's job performance, "with 51% approving very strongly."

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revelations29

Do you have any proof that Stalin killed 20 million people? Really because the whole Stalin death number is anywhere from 10 million to a ridiculous 60 million. You can't just say 20 million because no one really knows for sure.

You are right these numbers aren't provable but to take that stance anything anyone says in this regard including Americas numbers are not. It's easy to say provide proof. I have only two sources, someone I know as a ex russian citizen who is a student of history and wiki they both have the same number. What is your source?

Most of the deaths were caused under the Bolsheviks (Zionists) anyway, under Lenin (Real name Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov) Gee, I wonder why he changed his name?

Zionist?? Really?? Source Please

I never said anything about the Federal Reserve in my post. I said Central Banks. And furthermore, why would the IMF answer to the Federal Reserve? They are separate entities but I'm probably missing something here. It would make more sense that the Federal Reserve now answers to the IMF considering the IMF has control of almost every central bank in the world.

Maybe what you should do is take some time to do some research and find out if the fed loans IMF money of vice versa. I also think you will find out the central banks in europe make loans to the IMF as well.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Love this little lie in the article.

Among all Americans, Obama is considered to be the worst president since World War II, according to a recent Quinnipiac poll.

Sorry but there are more than a little over 1400 people in America.

It's no surprise that some people aren't proud of America. We start wars with other nations for no reason in fact we had to make up lies to get the wars started. We let Vets and other Americans die because they can't afford medical care. We give billions away to other nations but let many Americans go homeless and without enough to eat because the government says we have no money. I am ashamed of the way my nation is acting because once the government actually cared about the people now they only care about the ones that buy them at election time.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
From the PEW study link found in the OPs link.

Overall, 81% of Business
Conservatives and 72% of
Steadfast Conservatives say the phrase “often feel proud to be American” describes them well. These are by far the highest percentages across typology groups.

Smaller majorities of the
Faith and Family Left (59%),
Next Generation Left (56%)
and Young Outsiders (56%)
say they often feel a sense of pride in being American. However, Hard-Pressed Skeptics are divided – about as many say they often feel pride in being American
(51%) as do not (49%). And just 40% of Solid Liberals say they often feel pride in being American; 60% say that characterization does not fit them well.

Seems there are a whole lot of people that need to leave the country along with the liberals.

I thought this was interesting from the survey as well.

Section 2: Views of the Nation, the Constitution and Government

The typology groups differ markedly in their attitudes about America’s future, its standing in the
world and the factors behind the nation’s success. The public generally is divided about the nation’s future: 49% think the country’s best years are behind us, while 44% say the best years lie ahead.
Pessimism about the country’s future is most prevalent among Steadfast Conservatives – fully 76% believe that “the country’s best years are behind us,” as do 59% of Business Conservatives. However, a negative outlook extends to the middle of the typology – 61% of Hard-Pressed Skeptics and 60% of Young Outsiders say the U.S. has already seen its best
years.

By contrast, Solid Liberals and the Next Generation Left say the best is yet to come for the United States. Wide majorities of both groups (70% and 65%, respectively) say the country’s best years lie ahead. By a narrow margin, the Faith and Family Left also are more likely to say the best years are ahead (50%) than in the past (40%).

While there are divides in views over whether the country’s best years are in the past or future, large majorities of all groups see the U.S. as either one of the greatest countries in the world or the greatest country in the world.

Overall, 58% say the U.S. is one of the greatest countries in the world, along with some others; 28% say the U.S. stands above all other countries. Just 12% say there are other countries that are better than the U.S. Belief that the U.S. stands
alone in the world is most prevalent among Steadfast Conservatives, Business Conservatives and the Faith and Family Left. Though they see the country’s best years in the past, Steadfast Conservatives are as likely to say the U.S. stands above all other countries (46%) as say the U.S. is one of the greatest countries in the world, along with some others (46%).

Many Business Conservatives also say the U.S. stands alone as the best country (43%), though more (55%) say it is one of the greatest countries in the world, along with some others. Among the Democratically-oriented groups, the Faith and Family Left are the most likely to say the U.S. stands above all other countries: 39% say this, though a greater share (51%) says the U.S. is among the greatest countries.

Across all other groups, far more say the U.S. is one of several of the greatest countries in the world, rather than the one country standing above all others. For example, 67% of the Next Generation Left see the U.S. as one of the greatest countries, while 20% say it stands above all others.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is the thing, ironically.

I'm less proud of America than I have been because of liberal/progressive policies.

I'm proud of the ideals that once were represented by America.
Individualism.
Personal responsibility.
Self-reliance.

I don't have the blind nationalistic pride that some may have.

Too many years in the military and a tall glass of cynicism has cured me of that.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Stalin took power in around the mid-late 1920's, consolated power in the 1930's; though the Czar and Lenin had started or encouraged some industrialization, but it was scattered in a few urban areas. Stalin saw it through.. Partly through a brutal campeign of violence, fear, intimidation, propaganda, etc. It was far from perfect, just look at russian quality-control standards even up to the present day, but it was done rapidly.
factories were built, factories were disassembled and rebuilt(behind the ural mountains), railroad tracks were lain down.

the russia of 1914-1918 relied on french, british, or american supplied tanks and aircraft, it could not even provide enough ammunition to it's soldiers in ww1(soldiers went into combat with 3 bullets according to one account); that changed wholesale by 1941; and though the USSR did recieve quite a bit of american assistance during the great patriotic war; it's soverignty and national interests were secure by the end of that bloody conflict.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The problem isnt "liberals". There are people that are liberal that disagree with a lot of things that are going on as well. If people stopped picking sides that they felt obligated to stay on and just dealt with the issues at hand the world would be a better place. The trillions of dollars spent by conservatives on wars and banker bailouts. That money could have sustained all the liberal programs that people despise so much for a long time. Especially when you factor in interest, the loss of our credit rating, and the respect of the world. Liberals and Conservatives wrecked this country and until people stop arguing over who did what and come together to make them change it, its not going to. Thats the bottom line. People have valid reasons to be ashamed of things this country has done. Me personally...wouldnt wanna live anywhere else. The noose appears to be tightening faster everywhere else in the world.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Liberals are always angry and self-loathing. I would probably feel the same way about myself if I was a progressive.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Sounds like you hate liberals

Well at least this post makes it seem that way, maybe I just caught a bad one
What I hate is the hypocrisy of liberals. I live in a huge liberal stronghold where they all love their gourmet coffee shops and million dollar townhouses. Can't wait to see the look on their faces when they realize they destroyed their own cushy existence. We're all riding on the same boat. They just don't know it.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ir's not a matter of "liking" or loving the country...in fact, it's probably quite the opposite. It's a matter of looking around and seeing that things are not as good as they should be or could be. There's really not a lot to be "proud" of these days, is there?

Pride goeth before a fall...before destruction. Is false pride really something to strive for?

edit on 7/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

There's really not a lot to be "proud" of these days, is there?

Hmmm. What's so "not to be proud of" ?

What could possibly change your mind ?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Ir's not a matter of "liking" or loving the country...in fact, it's probably quite the opposite. It's a matter of looking around and seeing that things are not as good as they should be or could be. There's really not a lot to be "proud" of these days, is there?

Pride goeth before a fall...before destruction. Is false pride really something to strive for?

The best post in the whole lot. Star from me.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join