learn more

Pew Survey: 60% of 'Solid Liberals' Not Proud to Be Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The headline speaks for itself.

Many "Solid" Liberals don't like the U.S. as it is apparently.

They don't like many other things either it seems.

Maybe the mounting massive debts at all levels isn't "high" enough to cause their desired results? Whatever that might be.

Perhaps a "new country" somewhere else should be contemplated ?

This current Constitution is just getting in the way anyway right?

Shocking....

This Fourth of July, according to a recent Pew survey, 60% of full-spectrum "Solid Liberals" are not proud to be Americans.

The Pew Research survey found that just 40% of so-called Solid Liberals “often feel proud to be American” while "60% say that characterization does not fit them."

According to the comprehensive survey, 69% of Solid Liberals are white, and 41% are under 40 years of age. They make up 15% of the general public and 17% of registered voters. Almost unanimously they love President Barack Obama – 84% approve Obama's job performance, "with 51% approving very strongly."

Pew Survey: 60% of 'Solid Liberals' Not Proud to Be Americans

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I was having a discussion the other night with my kids. Yes, they are as politically vocal as I am.

*He says with pride*

We were discussing populations. Census stuff. Some surprised me. There were 20 million less Americans than I thought in the States and 2 mil more in Canada that I recall. Exodus?

You may be right with this supposition. All Dem's? I doubt it.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why would anyone be proud to be American exactly? America is the only country in the world to average a War every 20 years. 5 Million dead Civilians in Vietnam (Vietnam never attacked the US). Hundreds of thousands dead in Iraq. (Iraq never attacked the US) Thousands in Afghanistan (same thing).

And that's not even including all of the "conflicts" and bombings the US has perpetrated over 50 years.

I really hope every American realizes your living in one of the most barbaric Empires ever to grace the Earth.

The only hope for America is that the states succeed and all Federal Power is eliminated expect for of course a National Army (to be raised when attacked) and a system of Currency Printing.

And of course removing Central Banking.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Woah now, let's not jump to conclusions interpreting polling data... "that characterization does not fit them" is not the same as not being proud to be an American. Don't be fooled by trickery like that, it's a false dichotomy and one of the obvious flaws in polling as a statistical testing tool. Perhaps people aren't "often proud to be an American" but they are "Sometimes proud." Perhaps they are "Neutral." I know we all dislike people of other political views ( ;D ) but let's slow down a bit, eh? Just because you aren't often proud does not mean you are never proud...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revelations29

Why would anyone be proud to be American exactly? America is the only country in the world to average a War every 20 years. 5 Million dead Civilians in Vietnam (Vietnam never attacked the US).

That was the Cold War dude. US, yes BUT also China and the USSR. Nice try.

Hundreds of thousands dead in Iraq. (Iraq never attacked the US) Thousands in Afghanistan (same thing).

Gotta give you that one.

I really hope every American realizes your living in one of the most barbaric Empires ever to grace the Earth.

Dude, they aren't even the worst in 100 years. Read some history. There's a lot worse # going on in the world. See Mao. See Stalin.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I am cautious of anyone who 'solidly' labels themselves. It seems an indicator of an inability to analyze and discern. To get the response the survey did is not surprising. Can I go to the bank with such 'information'? I doubt it.

However, if I am out in left field and this is all 100% true, those folks are free to leave at any time. Plenty of open space elsewhere on the globe.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Oh my god 60% of a couple thousand people if lucky said that there un happy with the democrats, more proof cough cough that obama is the anti christ.More news at 11.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

What? When did I ever say anything about the Cold War? The Vietnam war was was started solely with a false flag attempt. I'm pretty sure I'm not understanding your post.

"Dude, they aren't even the worst in 100 years. Read some history. There's a lot worse # going on in the world. See Mao. See Stalin."

Oh so that justifies it right? As long as other people kill millions, we can too?

What a joke.

Most of all the Worlds Problems can be (expect for Natural disasters of course) traced back to Central Banking. Which the US is basically a foot solider for the IMF and almost every Central Bank in the world.

edit on 5-7-2014 by Revelations29 because: *War
edit on 5-7-2014 by Revelations29 because: deleted extra words

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Why would anyone be proud to be American exactly? America is the only country in the world to average a War every 20 years. 5 Million dead Civilians in Vietnam (Vietnam never attacked the US). Hundreds of thousands dead in Iraq. (Iraq never attacked the US) Thousands in Afghanistan (same thing).

And that's not even including all of the "conflicts" and bombings the US has perpetrated over 50 years.

The only hope for America is that the states succeed and all Federal Power is eliminated expect for of course a National Army (to be raised when attacked) and a system of Currency Printing.

And of course removing Central Banking.

Yes I think some of us would not use the words "proud" especially now days, BUT I love this country the land itself especially, I would not want to live in another country. Traveling outside it makes one glad to be home. We also still (so far) can say the president is a chunk of crud and the government is a sewer and we are still OK! No one coming for us we can still speak our minds!!
edit on 5-7-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I love North America but you have to Understand that you don't have to have this power hungry Government at all.

If the States had succeeded and National Power was limited to gather an Army when attacked, and to print currency, America would never attack anybody unless attacked themselves.

And of course if we can eliminate central banking we can eliminate perpetual war.

I love the land as well, North America is one of the greatest places to live in the World. We can make it paradise if we eliminated the Federal Power that has spread it's tentacles everywhere.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

stalin and mao did what they did for a real reason.

Stalin and Mao turned agrarian, undeveloped countries, ripe for division/exploitation amongst the present/surviving empires at the time, and made them soverign industrialized powers.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Liberals don't like themselves or pretty much anyone. Be nice if they all found a place they are happy with and move there.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It is usually liberal activity that causes massive debts in this country. They demand action on things that don't need action. They want things for their communities with government match grants and the things are not really needed most times. Liberals think that things move too slowly and this leads to improper risk assessment. I kind of like the conservative approach better. We are moving forward less than our national debt. I suppose the liberals will move to a different country when we start conserving money in this country and start paying off that debt.

Funny that I am around 55 percent liberal and 45 percent conservative, and I can see the flaws with liberals and conservatives. You are not supposed to be able to see your own flaws. I used to be more liberal. I guess getting older I got wiser. I guess that is called getting mature, some people never grow up I guess, some are grown up at 12

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

stalin and mao did what they did for a real reason.

Stalin and Mao turned agrarian, undeveloped countries, ripe for division/exploitation amongst the present/surviving empires at the time, and made them soverign industrialized powers.

Yes, through slavery and the murder of tens of millions.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

However, if I am out in left field and this is all 100% true, those folks are free to leave at any time. Plenty of open space elsewhere on the globe.

Have you applied for a passport lately? It seems like right now its easier to get into the country than to get out of it. I'd swap places with someone in Norway in a heartbeat.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Don't for a second assume that they are THAT unhappy with the current administration. The love it, but it isn't that progressive enough. They want to rebuild the US drastically in the way that Obama is heading and they are comfortable with the fact that he see fit to destroy it to get his and their desires. The plan just isn't proceeding quite as they had figured. --Meaning you will never see any of them in the streets.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Liberals don't like themselves or pretty much anyone. Be nice if they all found a place they are happy with and move there.

That seems like a lot of hate, for a lot of people just because somebody stuck a label on them. I doubt anyone fits any lael precisely but i had to look up Liberal again just to see why you hate so much...I don't get it. Surely on this list you would be with and against some of each.
www.studentnewsdaily.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

"Dude, they aren't even the worst in 100 years. Read some history. There's a lot worse # going on in the world. See Mao. See Stalin."

Stalin was the worst with about 20 million making Hitler look like a simpleton.

Oh so that justifies it right? As long as other people kill millions, we can too?

What a joke.

"Look if you are going to talk smack about anything, or anyone the point is to have your facts straight.
if you don't then you look like a joke and no one will take you seriously"

Most of all the Worlds Problems can be (expect for Natural disasters of course) traced back to Central Banking. Which the US is basically a foot solider for the IMF and almost every Central Bank in the world.

I think you have it backwards the IMF is a foot soldier for the federal reserve, the federal reserve was created 30 years before the IMF.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Obama is a corporatist through and through, which any wise liberal or progressive stands solidly against.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Obligatory meme for a post like this

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join