It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wondering why the CHP beat that women down?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Why do we need a stabilized version? The part we need to see is that part where he is beating her, every thing leading up to that is moot as it doesn't justify what happened.
He is not there to dish out street justice, take the licks, hook her up and charge her, that is his job.
She very well may have took a strike at him, all that means is that he needs to get her cuffed, not beat her for it

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Not out of the realm of possibilities I'll give you that. Maybe he was just mad at the world and she was an easy target. Maybe he was trying to get initiated into a white supremacist cop gang and this was his initiation. Anything is possible really. The problem that I have is there are only a few legitimate reasons to have beaten her the way he did, and I didn't see any of them presented in the video or anywhere else for that matter.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
No excuse for hitting her that many times. None.
This actually made the MSM news. Didn't have time to watch, so didn't see what slant they gave the story.
I'm sure they found some way to cover him though. you know, the usual: Fearless Cop Takes Down Violent Drug Addict

When this was first posted yesterday whatever, but not today, you would have have seen the initial encounter as in the OP. The above video is posted today 5th July, so not the original uploader, unless the original uploader has opened a new account. In the interim the original uploader first name David, complained about this complete video being pulled down by Google on his home page. Both the short version without sound, and the version as above were watermarked with the original uploder's youtube account. David Diaz is the man credited with filming, as interviewed by NBC, and as I recall NBC's site also showed the shortened watermarked version without the first encounter.
So, no matter what, that initial encounter was not wanted to be shown.
Now we have a thread almost demanding that we see the woman getting in a couple of slaps in the initial encounter, as if that makes everything else OK. I don't even see that in the 'stabilised' version as if. I do see the woman's turnaround, the woman straight to the floor, and a policeman punching her lights out..end of story.
The thing is, the initial encounter is a crucial part of the whole event in some eyes, again as if. Not to me man!
NBC, treated the story in the right manner. I have no idea how Sky got the original video as shown here, or how they treated it.

edit on 5-7-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If you think the proper response to a woman who is defending herself against your assault is to throw her on the ground and MMA her face for several seconds...

I don't even know how to finish that thought.

That is the response I would maybe have if she just shot my friend or maybe drop-kick an infant. Not for resisting my man-handling.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DragynWyllow

And you have a good point, but have you ever seen anyone on a drug binge? Well lets just say, a high women could really mess up a full grown man thanks to the drugs. So Id do the same thing without the extra punches though lol.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth

And you have a good point, but have you ever seen anyone on a drug binge? Well lets just say, a high women could really mess up a full grown man thanks to the drugs. So Id do the same thing without the extra punches though lol.

i don't think anyone is arguing against 100% of force applied into restraint. But mounting her from the front so you can punch her in the face....is that behavior we will accept from any man in this society now?

It isn't how I was raised. I worked in a mental hospital in acute care (where the cops take you when you are too big of a pain in the butt to deal with), and never once found myself needing to punch a patient.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: abe froman
As far as being "grabbed from behind and reacting defensively" she was already aware of the officer and attempting to flee across traffic.

Yeah, I don't buy that she wasn't aware of his presence, she walked across lanes of traffic to get away from him. Point is, she was walking through traffic, and even though it wasn't moving quickly, she could have caused an accident if he'd let her keep crossing the median to the other side. He was within his rights to try to stop her (i.e him grabbing her is certainly acceptable) She was in the wrong to throw punches, and he was in the wrong to throw more than needed to subdue her. Other than excessive force on his part, I don't really see how it could have gone any differently in the middle of traffic like that, especially if she was hopped up on something or drunk.

That is why she was grabbed. But the cop did go over board a bit by smashing in her face 15 times. I mean like turn the lady over and subdue, she's only a lady high perhaps or mentally deranged. Sad, I watched the update by the police dept on news. Said the cop did was right, beat her senseless so so won't distrub the flow of traffic. America is SIC I tell ya.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Here's the thing: A cop's every actions should be to subdue the suspect in incidents like this. Throwing numerous haymakers at a woman on the ground is not a legitimate tactic. these days, as opposed to focusing solely on subduing, cops make sure they get to get a few extra shots in.

Thats not ok.

Id be far less upset about the video had he just pepper sprayed and handcuffed her. Instead, tough guy had to show off his wannabe UFC hammer strikes.

edit on 5-7-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth

Im tired of this defense. Anytime a cop goes overboard with force, its "well, they were probably super high and had super strength". Im not buying it. Cops have tools to subdue suspects.

On top of that, if this cop was really worried that this super-strength lady was going to overpower him, why would he give her the chance to reverse dominance in the fight? Why wouldnt he IMMEDIATELY go for his pepper spray and cuffs?

No, he wanted to be a tough guy. Tough guys look for weak targets.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Any average citizen would be at least charged with assault if they ever did that to another person. It was clear he had the upper hand.
At that point he continued pummeling her face numerous times. That type of violent rage would get anyone else thrown in jail.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Any average citizen would be at least charged with assault if they ever did that to another person. It was clear he had the upper hand.
At that point he continued pummeling her face numerous times. That type of violent rage would get anyone else thrown in jail.

Big news in Asia. Cops gone crazy in America. Tourist beware not to do any wrong doing or this may happen to you. Look for a decrease of touristism from Asia this July and August going to California. It's all over the news. Cop crazed killer on the loose is the headlines. America is SIC

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Got anything better to prove that? By the 0:15 sec mark he's already hitting her while she's down.

I will be honest, this video doesn't provide enough evidence PRIOR to her being throw/tripped/pushed to the ground that she actually hit the cop.

What I see is this:
1. He goes after her
2. She turns to go the opposite direction
3. He grabs her
4. He somehow gets her to the ground

And it doesn't matter. If she genuinely is mentally disturbed, it doesn't make it okay that she swings at him AFTER he throws her to the ground that he pummels her with at least 10 fist strikes and possibly 1-2 elbows.

That's how we should treat everyone. Never mind that this is California, and the trust for cops in Cali isn't very high. But let's not change the way we do things to increase our reputation. Screw that! We'll just hire a PR firm and some spin doctors to trick people into thinking we are different.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Watch VERY closely at the 15 sec. point you will see not only does the mentally disturbed woman, walking barefoot down the highway, hit the cop first, she actually gets two good shots in right to his face. The msm outlets don't want to show the video after it has been stabilized and many of them cover the portion of her assaulting the officer with a banner. You're being taken for a ride, who's agenda does this fit?

Not buying it. You don't punch a woman in the face repeatedly to restrain her. It's another case of police brutality. I guess you are okay when cops shoot and kill and beat us for no reason? Yes? I'm not okay with it. I'm sick of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I thought TASERING was the preferred method for immobilizing a suspect!? Hopefully this officer's background will be thoroughly researched to determine if he has a history of complaints. If so, this lady should be the last he's able to abuse in an official capacity.
-cwm

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If no one had of video'ed this incident. It would have just faded into her word against his.
Cameras and cell phones are one of the few things that keep this brutality in check.

film everything! Show us your world!

btw....some cops are heros...film them as well.
edit on 5-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. In almost 95% of these videos you only catch what the officers are doing and not what the perps did. Then everyone jumps on the (Abuse) bandwagon and cry's foul. I'm not saying all officers are perfect but for all we know she could have robbed a bank or was waving a gun around, etc. As for the officer hitting her. They are trained to go a level above the threat.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

film everything! Show us your world!

btw....some cops are heros...film them as well.

I loved that heartwarming video of the NYC/Manhattan officer who bought shoes for a barefoot homeless man one frigid night 3 winters ago. There are more "heroes" than bad apples. No doubt about that.
cwm

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The cop assaulted her 1st... she has a right to defend herself....

edit on 6-7-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Thugs with badges, but only .001 percent of them.

Apologists make me sick.

Really, one-thousandth of one percent, one in a hundred thousand? Of the approximately 800,000 law enforcement officers in the US you claim only about eight of them are thugs?

Apologists, right.

edit on 6-7-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It seems it's an excuse to say there was no other way to subdue her if she warranted being beat for being a danger to herself or others. More the reason to make officers have to wear cameras, as studies show they behaved better-but then again in some cases if they are training officers this way doubt they will want cameras on them.

Hopefully we'll hear why he did it or a least a claim to why then go from there and that there's consequences, as well as he will be dealt with accordingly. Was he badly trained, a bad day with someone to take it out on, thought she was too strong(assuming race and or build)? As well as the training/Police Dept to be in assessment as to why it happened. Good that it went viral, as surely many cases as such don't and the abuse goes on.
edit on 6-7-2014 by dreamingawake because: Added more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join