It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie review for Deliver us From Evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
hey this is the unofficial Horror movie reviewer for ATS. So Deliver us From Evil was hyped to be the best Horror movie of the year. with good actors in it. (Olivia Munn, Joel McHale). So did it live up to the hype? Was it a good Scary movie? No and Yes No it did not live up to the hype but it was a good scary movie.

I found out a week before the movie dropped that this was based on an actual true story from an NYPD detective. So given that it is hard to find fault with the story of the movie. and it is strung together in an okay fashion. the actors are good. With funny man Joel McHale(the soup, Community) being the big surprise for me. He was funny but not a sideshow taking away from the vibe and tenor of the movie. and the unorthodoxed priest was an interesting person as well. The movie had good scares and had a moderate creepiness to it.

A knock against it I would say was you were unsure of what exactly you were supposed to be afraid of as it turned into more a mystery then a scary/Horror movie. But that is only for me speaking a lot of people love mystery. this was not on the level of the conjuring, insidious or Sinister. Those are the best of our current times. And again this is still a good scary movie. its just not on an elite level.

Most of the scares are what you have seen in the previews if you have seen the previews.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wanna know too. Come on ppl. Somebody here has to have seen it.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thank you for the review.. have not seen it yet. I heard oculus is pretty good too.. any review on that ( another yet to be seen ) ?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Found a trailer. Looks good to me!!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I personally did not really care for Oculus. but to be fair I think its a mix bag 50/50 of people who liked and didnt like it.

Its more illusion fear and perception fear as is this really happening?

top topics

join