It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any way to "bookmark" particular posts within a thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am wondering if there is a way to mark particular posts within a thread, so it is easy to go back to them later? For example, somewhere in the 411 thread, somebody had posted a link to the friend's Instagram page. I would have marked that so I could check back later. In the October 28, 2011 thread, there were many posts I would have saved, as we found different keys and clues. Once a thread gets past five or six pages, I start to forget which page those posts I wanted to refer back to were on. Sometimes people will even post a reply containing links to all the particularly useful posts within the thread, but then those summary posts, themselves, get buried.

Is there a way to mark posts of particular interest, within a thread, for ourselves? If not, that sure would be a useful feature...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You could bookmark the 'link' entry that appears above the post.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yep, to the right of the heart symbol it says subscribe.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Yep, to the right of the heart symbol it says subscribe.
"Subscribe" subscribes you to the whole thread, so when you go to MyATS you have links to all your subscribed threads. I am trying to find a way to get links to particular posts within a long thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
You could bookmark the 'link' entry that appears above the post.

How do you bookmark the link? I thought clicking the "Link" will give you a link to a post in a thread which you can then paste in to a reply. Is there also a way to get the link saved in your MyATS for the thread?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If there's a post I want to keep I send the link to myself and then save it.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar
Right click the link button, then copy link location. Paste to a text file called ATS links of interest, add a short description of what the link is. That is how I do it at least.

Alternately, you can paste that link into a new tab and bookmark that, if that is easier or more convenient.

By hitting the subscribe button, that adds the whole thread to your myATS list, without having to post in it.
edit on Sat, 05 Jul 2014 12:35:59 -0500 by TKDRL because: jeez can't type today....

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
If there's a post I want to keep I send the link to myself and then save it.
Wouldn't it be a nice feature to be able to have that happen automatically, organized by thread? I guess you could simulate that by sending yourself an email titled with the thread subject and send all the links to yourself via that same email as you come across them. Hmm.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

With Firefox, you results may vary, Right click on link and choose 'bookmark this link'. Add it into the bookmarks.

But this is in your browser. I don't know how advanced the ATS bookmark - subscription stuff is. I would rely on my browser for maintaining links.

edit on 7/5/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
emailing one self links?

Your browser can build lists of links known as bookmarks or favorites, depending on the browser.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Messed up my reply, trying to type in my iPad while on the stairclimber.

edit on 5-0720147-1414 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
emailing one self links?

Your browser can build lists of links known as bookmarks or favorites, depending on the browser.

I gotcha. Too bad it isn't a site feature, though.

new topics

top topics

join