It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My solution to Islam (from a western POV)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus
SLAVERY?

Ended in the west hundreds of years ago.
But Still active in Islam

Colonization?

Ended in the west hundreds of years ago.
But still active in Islam (caliphate)

Nazism?

WWII - was a brief uprising that ended 70 years ago.
How about Sharia .. worse than Naziism.

Atomic bombs?

Used twice for self defense 70 years ago.
How about Islamic homicide bombs ... numerous and active today.

Communism?

Sharia is worse than communism.

more recently - invasions and "actions" on multiple sovereign countries...

Like Islam is peaceful and stays out of everyone else's business?

edit on 7/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I heard some people throw atomic bombs on civilians...

but I believe it really doesn't matter since it was more than 60 years ago, they had very good reason to kill hundreds of thousands of civilians and were not inclined by religious belief.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

demus
it is tragically funny how anyone from "the West" thinks to have credibility to criticize another countries, groups, ethnicity, religions...

It's tragically funny how you attempted to go down one road, had your argument totally demolished there, and you're now gonna be totally demolished here.

demus
talking about violence?

The west has been violent. That does not justify the continued religious violence taking hold around the world. Next.

demus
SLAVERY?

Nice attempt to use the heartstrings to trigger an emotional response. Fail. Slavery was hundreds of years ago and ended by the West. Religious violence is ongoing, and is taking more lives and more lands every single day.

demus
Colonization?

You mean like the way ISIL/ISIS is colonising Iraq and Syria? Fail.

demus
Nazism?

Again, trying to use past historical events as justification for your positions. Fail.

demus
Atomic bombs?

At the time a very necessary evil that prevented a longer and more brutal war, hasn't been used since and thus bears no relation to this discussion. Fail.

demus
Communism?

A political movement. Unfortunately, like all man made entities, easily corrupted by people with an agenda. Fail.

demus
more recently - invasions and "actions" on multiple sovereign countries...

Has happened for thousands of years to every culture on earth. Fail.

demus
you guys are out of your mind to criticize something you know nothing about.

I believe Jesus said something about that as well...

In the same way you believe criticising religion is racist?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I feel sorry for you since you seems to be full of hatred but empty of knowledge.

hope it will reverse.

you say colonization "ended in the west"?

what does that mean?

do you consider Asia, Africa and some other regions as "the west"?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I feel sorry for you since you seems to be full of hatred but empty of knowledge.

hope it will reverse.

what does that mean?

Leftists love to use words like "hatred" or "racism" to refer to things that are plainly visible but politically inconvenient so must be denied. It's a real shame they choose to debate in this way.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm going to reply to both of you.

You think the crusades stopped? really?

They never stopped, on either side except for two brief moments when Germany got all uppity and Europe had to put em back in their place.

now, you hard core neocons want to start multiple wars against people you don't bother to understand and are afraid of.

not only do you want genocide in the middle east but at the same time you want another genocide at our own southern boarder.

People need to wake up in this country and see who the real threat is. its at home waiving the flag and thumping a bible.

some people just want to see the world burn. be scared of whatever bogeymen you want, just do us all a favor and go fight it yourself, leave our men and women in uniform out of it. They've fought your crusade for no reason for long enough.

link   
a reply to: dmfsb

see, I don't claim anything except that all of you are going out of your mind criticizing something you know nothing about while at the same time pretend like your own culture, country, ethnicity, whatever never did/or is doing anything wrong or had any problems...

it is you who are raging your cyber war on Islam fueled by news flash and lack of social interaction.

remember - deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dmfsb

hope it will reverse.

what does that mean?

Leftists love to use words like "hatred" or "racism" to refer to things that are plainly visible but politically inconvenient so must be denied. It's a real shame they choose to debate in this way.

what you (and some other people) don't understand is what the racism is...

it is not racism to criticize anything. it is not.

but when you generalize - "Islam is..." "White people are..." "Germans are..." "Gypsies are..." "Jews are..." and you make it clear that you consider the whole group to have same common characteristics that my brother is racism.

you sound like that guy for EDL "it's not racism, it's not race"...

LEARN!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

see, I don't claim anything except that all of you are going out of your mind criticizing something you know nothing about while at the same time pretend like your own culture, country, ethnicity, whatever never did/or is doing anything wrong or had any problems...

it is you who are raging your cyber war on Islam fueled by news flash and lack of social interaction.

remember - deny ignorance.

I am waging a cyberwar against ALL religions who indoctrinate people into committing and supporting violence.

Your attempt to use the sites motto "Deny Ignorance" to legitimise your positions, after having falsely accused me of racism is both hypocritical and disgusting, like your politics.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
hypocrisy.

that is the word that describes this (and other similar) topics the best.

hypocrisy.

catch on every possible news flash, every little misunderstanding, every misrepresentation, every problem of a group, catch on every straw while at the same time excusing another group from their own misdeeds, problems, misunderstandings, historical mistakes...

,,,all due to lack of knowledge and understanding.

(constant brainwashing from multiple sources doesn't help either...)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Lol and I'm the one playing games.
A post full of you putting words in my mouth and twisting what I am saying to fit what you want it to show.
You called me a out right lier and didn't even quote the lie.
Snip away

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

well, your topic is not about "all religions".

it is about Islam and your "solution"...

how pathetic.

what kind of solution you're going to offer to the world?

to give solutions you should have knowledge - history, geography, philosophy, sociology and so on...

you think if you visited some anti - religious websites and watched few youtube videos of Dawkins that you know it all and have all the solutions...

blind would like to lead the blind; how nice.

p.s. - seriously learn what the (modern) definition of racism is.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

demus
what you (and some other people) don't understand is what the racism is...

Read: I do not understand the concept of racism. I believe it to mean "any speech that I don't like, and/or doesn't conform to my politics of appeasement and hatred"

demus
it is not racism to criticize anything. it is not.

but when you generalize - "Islam is..." "White people are..." "Germans are..." "Gypsies are..." "Jews are..." and you make it clear that you consider the whole group to have same common characteristics that my brother is racism.

We have a slow one here. Read this very slowly. Anti religious sentiment is NOT racist. It is NOT possible for it to be racist for the very simple reason: anybody of any race can convert to any religion they so choose.

demus
you sound like that guy for EDL "it's not racism, it's not race"...

LEARN!

Why on earth would you use the name and image of a legitimate political group as an attack unless you were anti democratic and did not believe in letting people express their own opinions?

Nevertheless the EDL do nothing for me either way.

You scream "Learn" at me. I do not need to learn, but you my dear, you really do need to learn. You need to learn not to be such a hypocrite. You need to learn what is Racism and what is legitimate statements of fact. You need to learn not to be so gullible, and most importantly, you need to learn that the years of fear and control the left had and enacted are now over.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

I am sorry my friend, but you aren't going to get through to many here.

They live their lives on hate and intolerance, they refuse to see any other side to a debate instead use right wing hate sites to reinforce their own prejudices.

They only know hate and fear anymore. It's all they have.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

well, your topic is not about "all religions".

it is about Islam and your "solution"...

how pathetic.

what kind of solution you're going to offer to the world?

to give solutions you should have knowledge - history, geography, philosophy, sociology and so on...

you think if you visited some anti - religious websites and watched few youtube videos of Dawkins that you know it all and have all the solutions...

blind would like to lead the blind; how nice.

p.s. - seriously learn what the (modern) definition of racism is.

I am not OP. You really are now starting to grate with your wanton use of the word "racism" when there is no such thing. Cute little attempt to hide "my definition of racism and my politics" as "modern". You are so disingenuous I wouldn't be surprised if you lied to your own family.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I could write about this topic for days, you know why?

because you have nothing - no position, no information, no goal, no ideal...

the whole topic is based on nothing, just a futile try to attack a specific group (later on you said it is other religions as well), so not even the attack and inflammation is comprehensive and the whole topic is laughable.

I mean, what is your point anyway?

link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Even simple solution. Piss off out the ME and just leave them to fight amongst themselves.

link   
The Western world.

Genocided the Native Americans
The Pope said if they aren't Christians they you could kill them and just take their land.

They enslaved millions of Africans over 3 centuries

The Spanish wiped out the Taino Indians of Puerto Rico

They also enslaved millions of Africans, the Portuguese, and

The Spanish also colonized the Philippines then America beat Spain and took the Philippines away from them

England colonized so many countries one would need an encyclopedia to list them
Egypt, Sudan, Somaliland (northen part of Somalia, now separated from it), Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania (merger of *Tanganyka & Zanzibar Islands), Malawi (Nyasaland), Zimbabwe (Southern Rhodesia), Zambia (Northern Rhodesia), Botswana (Bechuanaland), Lesotho (Basutoland), Swaziland, South Africa (Dominion), *Namibia or SW Africa (was a dependency of South Africa after it declared itself a republic in 1961, freeing from British Empire), *Cameroons (merged in Nigeria), Nigeria, *Togoland, Ghana, Gold Coast, Sierra Leone, Gambia.
The off-shore islands of 'Seychelles' & 'Mauritius' in the Indian Ocean are also tagged with Africa.
After Germany's defeat in WW I, their territories were 'Mandated' to Britain & marked with *.

Caribbean
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago

SW Asia and N. Africa
Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Sudan, UAE, Yemen
South Asia
Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
SE Asia
Brunei, Burma, Malaysia, Singapore
Australia and Oceania

Countries that were colonized by Spain
Latin America
Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
The Caribbean
Cuba, Dominican Republic
Sub-Saharan Africa
Equatorial Guinea,
SW Asia and N. Africa
Western Sahara
SE Asia
Philippines
Countries that were colonized by Portugal
Latin America
Brazil
Sub-Saharan Africa
Angola, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique
SW Asia and N. Africa
Oman
SE Asia
East Timor
Countries that were colonized by France
The Caribbean
French Guiana, Haiti
Sub-Saharan Africa
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Gabon, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Senegal, Togo
SW Asia and N. Africa
Algeria, Djibouti, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia
SE Asia
Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam
Countries that were colonized by The Netherlands
The Caribbean
Suriname
SE Asia
Indonesia
By all rights of justice, divine or secular it’s the west that should be exterminated and judged as a world menace
and btw this is a short list!

Then there is the polution that may destroy the world. Atomic Bombs, political NWO chicanery
Who is truly the worlds greatest menace? Who are all or most of the billionaires
be honest, search your heart

Case closed

edit on 5-7-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: demus

I am sorry my friend, but you aren't going to get through to many here.

They live their lives on hate and intolerance, they refuse to see any other side to a debate instead use right wing hate sites to reinforce their own prejudices.

They only know hate and fear anymore. It's all they have.

Can you explain what is hateful and intolerant at pointing out the global rise of religious violence, and why those same words do not get used to describe the actions of Abrahamic Religions by the left?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

it is not necessarily racism to criticize any kind of religion but it could be, it all depends on the way you say it.

so I am not claiming criticizm of religions is necessarily a racism...

A 2007 article in Journal of Sociology defines Islamophobia as anti-Muslim racism and a continuation of anti-Asian and anti-Arab racism. Similarly, John Denham has drawn parallels between modern Islamophobia and the antisemitism of the 1930s, so have Maud Olofsson, and Jan Hjärpe, among others. Author Doug Saunders has drawn parallels between current Islamophobia and the older discrimination and hate against Roman Catholics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join