It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My solution to Islam (from a western POV)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:58 PM
Part of the problem with Islam in the Middle East is that it's built on Arab cultures that have always been sort of brutal to begin with. Then you add in a religion like Islam and it's a recipe for potential disaster. I'm not saying the Israelis are all fluffy bunnies because they are rooted in that desert culture, too.

It's just that deserts don't generally foster societies that can afford to be very nice. Harsh places breed harsh societies.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: dmfsb

FACT: These groups are financed, organized and run by outsider influences

Ya, the united states.
Look at what we did for them starting in the 80's
And you still haven't gave your take on the OP's solution, but it seems you agree with it.

Does it seem I agree with it? I find it remarkable how you have managed to come up with that given that all I have done is countered yours and others left wing hypocrisy without actually commenting on the matter directly. I have to award you token points for the attempt to intimidate me by linking me to someone else's words, but again, it wont work.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:03 PM
It does seem that in this world, in the 21st Century, we are all living in peace...except for the muslims. (and a few leftover comunists like the Shining Path)

At some point we (the West) have to wonder if the muslims will ever play nice, and what to do if they don't.

If it weren't for their oil that wall idea would be pretty good.

Call me all the name you want but honestly, the muslims bring it on themselves.
edit on 5-7-2014 by works4dhs because: add clarification

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
a reply to: TDawgRex

Very well put and a very good suggestion. Your solution would mean that those who won't submit to having the rules they impose on other religions imposed on their own, in non-Muslim countries, would feel they would have to leave as they will never get their ideal which is a world dominated by a backward, hardline religion that brings nothing but war.

I do believe that it is very difficult to integrate people from war-torn countries that have not know peace for generation s with a civilised country where people are free. We are seeing the result of our governmental short-sightedness in the West coming home to roost and it needs nipping in the bud. That is well before we find war breaking out on our own streets - which would inevitably bring down our governments as people will be furious with them for allowing us to be so vulnerable in the first place by their policies both abroad and on unchecked immigration.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM

We need to call out fundamentalist Islam out and hold their feet to the fire. Once that problem is solved, we can move on to others and solve them as well.

So when I read this I can't help but think you are implying that islam is the root cause of all the problems that is making the world go down hill....
And to me, that couldn't be further from the truth.
I will throw in that religion in general, all of them, is a major contributing factor tho.
Old cliche but eye for an eye leaves the world blind, so if we just kill the people we think are causing the problems, than we will just create more and more problems IMO.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:05 PM
a reply to: works4dhs

The west is living in peace?! LOL
When was the last time america wasn't at war with something or someone?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:06 PM
a reply to: ketsuko

You are right. One of the things that always amazed me was while on patrol in 100+ degree heat, the guys were always on edge. Once they got into air-conditioning, they always calmed down. Yes, I was affected as well.

But one of the things I have always wondered, (and here is were I will get flamed again), is how the effects of extreme heat has altered the genes of the various tribes over generations...not to mention the in-breeding that goes on there in the outer-tribal areas.

During my three tours in Iraq, I ran into entirely to many mentally challenged individuals. All because of in-breeding.

I was astounded that this practice continued.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
a reply to: Sremmos80

Not at's not just Islam...

But also progressives.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
Ideology has no solution.

extremism always exists.

A people must fight it's own extremist elements. America needs to fight its own extremist elements before we cast stones at the middle east.

(post by dmfsb removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:10 PM

So its just islam and progressives?
The right has no hand in any of the problems of the world today?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
a reply to: dmfsb

What outright lies have I said and at what point did I try and intimidate? Quotes would be great.
Oh see how i responded to you directly? No need to talk about me to another poster when you can talk to me directly.

I will ask for the third time your thoughts on the OP tho, a question you have dodged this whole time.

edit on thSat, 05 Jul 2014 13:15:00 -0500America/Chicago720140080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:16 PM

The problem, my friend, is that we are fighting "asymmetrical warfare".

I miss the days when we were in a Cold war with the Soviet Union. They wanted to rule the world. We didn't want them ruling the world. It was simple, really.

But our strategies have not changed when our enemies have.

You cannot use conventional tactics when fighting a theocracy. The see negotiations s a weakness.
They see our unwillingness to sacrifice innocents as a weakness. (ie bombing markets etc)
Appeasement is seen as a weakness.

Unfortunately, there is no ignoring them. If we don't take the fight to them, they will bring the fight to us.

And that is where we are.

We have no political leadership willing to fight the right fight. We have no political leadership willing to stand up to the theocracy.

I know it.
You know it.
"They" know it.

We are destined to lose.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:17 PM

As a religion it is highly beligerant to all other faith's with a religious duty and command to wage holy war on unbelievers and to take there land, woman and possession's.
Compare to christianity in it's tollerance of other faith's as a religious rule (though seldom followed in the history of the nations whom have claimed to be christian).
This is one of the primary differences though there are a vast many of them.
What did Muhammed once say of the persians to his follower's, The persian woman will lay on there back's with there leg's spread that you may rape them.
What did he do to a peacemaker whom he hated as she was a threat due to the number of tribal chief's that had sworn allegiance to her and the fact that she was a woman, He snuck into her camp with hundred's of fanatical follower's, hiding by day with sand over there robes and crawled like snakes on there belly's by night until they were a few hundred yards from her tent then his men attacked the unprepared bodyguard and caused a distraction drawing them away and they then did what they did to the poor woman whose name was Um Kirfa (From which they to this day call people Kufirries as an insult but what an honorable insult for us as she was actually a good woman), they then tied her by her four limb's to cammals had tore her appart, Muhammad was sitting in her tent that he had appropriated for himself and eating a banquet when his men presented her severed head to him as a trophy, her young daughter (a child) he then gave to his uncle as a plaything to do as he wanted to, she had been the tribal chiefteness (widow of the chief) with over 50 sword's gifted from other tribal chieftens for brokering peace and resolving disputes between them and was highly regarded by all the beduin.
He raided caravans on the way into Mecca and stole there good's, he murdered men by his own hand and used a spear, his first followers had been outlaw's and bandit's after he himself had been banished by the elder's of mecca for crimes that he had commited.
His last wife was aged six years of age according to the oldest version's of the koran and was the daughter of one of his followers whom he had taken a shine too called Aisha and named in there book the Rose of Damascus, it is recorded in that version that she brought her doll's but in the morning after the wedding night all her hair had fallen out (Trauma) and she was under there law classes as unclean so he never touched her again until her hair had regrown years later.
In another original Saura he is recorded as noting a liking for another followers young daughter whom was a toddler crawling on the floor and saying that she would be beautiful and he would marry her in a few years but he died before he could fullfill his desire.
When he entered mecca he murdered two men, one he claimed owed him money and the other for spiting him years before.
His followers staged many mass murders of jewish tribes in the arabian peninsular and took there choice daughters for there own.
The Koran set's out prices for cammels and other good's as well as "SLAVES" and spices as you would expect from a former salesman which is exactly what he was, as a young man he worked for what we would call an import export business like many other typical merchants in Mecca on the spice route's and his first wife when he was more a boy than a man was the owner of the business, a widow in her 50's, during his time he learned the traditions and cultures of all his customers from christian's to hindus as well as the pagan god's of his own city and he learned much that he based his cult on from them with his own particular spin on it, later scholars of his religion added to it and reinterpreted it to create the illusion of a coherant religion we see today unlike christianity with devolved from a strict judaian sect into a loose almost unrelated faith of today, in part to accomodate the non jewish convert's - there was considerable resistance to the deterioration from the jewish traditions by those early jewish christian's.
When he claimed the Kabba which was a temple to the God's of the Mecca' people he said of the idols that then sat there they they could act as intercessors to Allah for they were the high flying cranes, later he recanted that approach probably because it confused his followers but other pagan deity's he simply changed and adopted such as hand of Fatima, the five daughters, the black stone on the Khabba was regarded as sacred to the pagan moon goddess whom was worshipped in Mecca before his takeover and is thought to represent a vulva.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:21 PM

originally posted by: dmfsb

originally posted by: shapur
a reply to: daaskapital

Extremist terrorist groups do not represent Islam in any way.They are just paid elements to push for a certain agenda at different times...Al qaeda,Taliban,Isis,Mko,Daesh,etc,are all participating in a deathly old game of divide and conquer directed and produced by the puppet masters with their big corporate boddies...Without them,there will be peace and stability in the region which is not desirable or profitable at all and would naturally not satisfy the delicate taste of the filthy rich elites and their greedy friends.

This argument is only valid when the discussion is about the leadership of such groups. FACT: These groups are financed, organised and run by outsider influences, but it is also FACT: many thousands of "normal" people are being radicalised and believe these groups are organic, if you will. So we have paid leadership and unaware terrorists.
That is true most of the terrorist members are not aware of many facts,that's why they are called terrorists..they are just a bunch of ignorant violent lonesome beasts who will do anything for a little acknowledgement and out of complete desporation...normal day to day Muslims are living their lives just like me and you,,believe me they have more in life to worry about than killing Ahmed and eating his heart alive...There are hundreds of millions of moderate Muslims living all around the world ,it just happened that oddly they are not living in Muslim countries which are allies with the US....Indonesia,Syria,Libya,Tunisia,Iran,Turkey,Egypt,Lebbenan...But of course then there are fanatic dictatorships such as,Saudi Arabia,Qatar,Bahrain,Pakistan,Oman,Kuwait...

a reply to: Sremmos80

Yep...missed that one. Not a fan of the GOP either. Can you tell I'm still pissed off?

Maybe I should have posted this in the rant forum, but the fact is is Islam is both a religion and political entity. (Just two of the your research)

A lot of people don't realize that Indonesia is the most populous Islamic state, and while they have their's nothing compared to the ME.

This may surprise you since you seem to think I am a right wing nutter (then again, maybe not), I am actually rooting for Iran in regards to Iraq...they at least seem to get it concerning their own neighborhood. Then again, Russia is now involved, and of course the US & EU, the Kurds and the Turks.

What a smorgasbord of disaster.

I just try to see the big picture, and come up with a big cure to said disaster. And the cure would hurt, no questions about that.
edit on 5-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

What outright lies have I said

That I support the OP, a simple read of my posts will see that all that I list can be applied to all religions of this abrahamic tradition.

and at what point did I try and intimidate?

The bit where you try to force me to validate my position by linking me to a position. Absolute classic in the textbook of the left.

Oh see how i responded to you directly? No need to talk about me to another poster when you can talk to me directly.

I will talk to any poster, about any other poster, in any way that I see fit and believe to be within the Terms and Conditions of this website, you on the other hand, will at no point attempt to tell me what to post or how to post ever again in the future.

I will ask for the third time your thoughts on the OP tho, a question you have dodged this whole time.

Dodged? I have dodged nothing. My position is perfectly clear and anyone without an agenda would be able to discern it fairly easily.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM

Yeah do the same to them as you did to the Native Americans.
Or why not slavery like you did to the Africans.

Your solution is a Nazi solution

Christians, or people who have been Christians or have claimed to be, have murdered more people than any person or persons of all the religions combined

Including Harry Truman’s slaughter of 200,000 Japanese civilians

Genocide of the Jews
Genocide of the Cathars

The mass murder of Native Americans, so many they couldn’t count, all in the name of Christ

The Pope approved it.

King Leopold worked 10 million Africans TO DEATH

I could go on and on, the point is you can’t blame 2 billion people for the acts of maybe a few thousand at best, if we did that the whole western world would be exterminated
In fact it wouldn’t exist

edit on 5-7-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM

Actually, Indonesia was a good example of what majority Muslim state should have been like. It's too bad that the radical brand of Islam is being exported there and is quickly giving them their problems that you refer to. They used to be a quickly modernizing state that was becoming peacefully pluralized although still majority Muslim. That's changing for the worst within the last 15 years or so.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:33 PM
a reply to: beezzer

The good people have lost not yet my friend.

But I guarantee you the the left will be screaming bloody murder as the world rights itself.
edit on 5-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>