It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My solution to Islam (from a western POV)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: demus
Muhammad isn't 'the comforter'. And he isn't the 'holy spirit'.
I know Muslims like to try to claim Muhammad was ... but he clearly wasn't.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

AND THAT IS A FACT!!!

MUHAMMAD ACTUALLY WAS A PEDOPHILE!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

wow, just, wow

you know less about Islam than i thought you did.

Muhammad is just a prophet.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Believe it not, I have had my fill of war, but at some point a person must make a hard choice and stand by it. I don’t stand by any religion or political ideology, but I will stand against any religion or political ideology that tries to cram their crap down my throat against my wishes.

Why didnt you stand up against your own governments ideology to start with ?
How many wars has the USA been involved in throughout last two centuries?
How many coups has the American government been directly involved in?
It looks like your own government has been doing a lot of forcing their way of life (crap) down the throats of other people! Why didnt you stand up against them tough guy? Smells like hypocrisy to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

you should now point out where does it says "holy spirit"...

it says "spirit of truth".

why or how would Jesus have to send Holy Spirit to us if Holy Spirit is already and always here as part of the trinity?
edit on 7-7-2014 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackNWhite

OK, lets look at it in black and white. Like your username suggests.

I can spout what I see as nonsense, or the truth as I see fit without being arrested, nor executed, as long as I am peaceful. You can't do that in ANY Islamic country.

And I have stood up against illegal orders plenty of times and have been exonerated. I've been up and down the ranks quite often because I was so outspoken. In hindsight, yes, I agree that I should have been busted down in rank in some cases. But because of those cases, I learned and grew, and was able to successfully defend myself in later years.

All I ask of others is that you state your stance with a coherent message. Don't try to cram it down my throat as you will not like the response.

And yes, I do think that if other countries lived as the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, South Korea, etc, the world would be a better place. At least in those places, there is room for dissent. There is no room for dissent in the Islamic world.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

oh, there are plenty of topics you will never touch upon in USA.

freedom of speech?

yes, that is one of the reasons why THE WORLD loved and respected USA...

but your statement that you can "say whatever you want as long as you are peaceful" is not true because there are plenty (and increasingly more) topics that could land you in court.

further more; media and so called "public opinion" is so controlled and manipulated that even people have right to SAY they often do not.

I for most part can agree on this post, just thought I would add some gray to your BLACK & WHITE perception...

peace.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I don't hate/dislike Muslims. They are people after all, just like the rest of us. I do however intensely, bordering on hate, Islam. There is a difference. The DNC and GOP are not to far down that list as well.

The weekend has not gone to well for me obviously. People I knew have dropped off the face of the earth. They lived in what is now considered IS/ISIL controlled areas. Maybe they are dead in a shallow grave, or maybe a refugee camp. Either way, I don't like it.

I have fought these people (IS/ISIL) and they don't care what you nor I think, and even if you do believe in them, they may just sacrifice you to further their agenda. That's the way they operate.

I'm not a 9/11 truther, but nor do I buy the entire story line. I'm not religious either. But I have been exposed to Islam a good chunk of my life and I see it for what it is. A means to gain control over others.

No religious belief system is even this extreme in today's age with the exception of Islam. Dems and Repubs argue...but they don't wantonly behead or kill entire families because of the others beliefs on a wide scale.

People can hoop and holler all day long about how others have caused Islamist to become violent. I don't buy it. They have always been violent, to others who don't believe in their faith and even unto their own families.

I do believe that the day the world is without Islam, is the day the world will be a just one step closer to peace...but I also realize that will never happen. There is always some one who is trying to seize power.

I really wish the aliens would hurry up and invade Earth so humanity could at least unite against one common foe.
But of course, that is a pipe dream as well. there will always be some idiot who would sell out humanity in order to get a leg up on the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think we should all try to read and understand more about all religions including ours...Only with understanding and tolerance the human race will be able to see a bright future.Being narrow minded and dogmatic makes us as bad as any ones whom we are passionately criticizing...Understanding ,tolerance and respect is the only way to go,,history have had proven this point over and over for as long as humans have lived on this earth.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A man twisted by hatred and anger having watched his city burn and his people killed get's his hand's on a deadly incurable pathogen with a incubation of less than 48 hourse, he waits for the HAAJ then having made himself look and act like a native he boards a flight to Saudi, the man has before the flight ingested the vial of pathogenic material but it does not yet become contagious, it is the last day of HAAJ when the belated attendee arrive's, the walk's aroung the square temple caughing a little and the people around him are becoming infected, many leave for home that afternoon to all part's of the world were it is regarded as a blessing to touch someone whom as been on the Haaj pilgrimage and so the infection spread's outward from those hub's, a global pandemic ensues with the Islamic nations being hardest hit and an 85 percent death toll in the country's where the pathogen has been circulated, even in the west, the effect sparks war that soon escalates into a war of survival as refugees flee to the percieved safe havens carrying the infection with them.
After the world is a different place with fewer people and the real enemy's of humanity with there twisted nazi like plot to depopulate the world rub there hand's in glee before emerging from there vast subterranean bolt holes to set themselves up as king's and emperors as they subdivide the shattered world among themselves.

At the end of the day whatever is wrong with the extremists (A lobbotomy is the solution there) we are all people, all have mother's and father's, brothers and sister's, son's and daughters and people whom we love and do not love but most of the time we forget that when we look at people whom have traditions or way's alien to us or unethical to our mindset.

And if god is there he must be weeping to see what his children have become.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: shapur

I agree. But tolerance only has a certain boundary before the individual reaches a breaking point. Here in the US, we are supposed to have separation of church and state, but any realist knows that doesn't happen.

Religion and politics are twins in my book, that's why I put this in the political mudpit. One thing I will give to Islam is that they at least admit as much.

That said, I still oppose them and their mindset. (And yes, I've done my research)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Great book or even screenplay in that scenario you put forth. I even wrote a short story along those lines...well, to a degree right or left center of compass.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But you are right. There will always be some one who picks up the mantle of leadership and exercises their power.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Ha thanks for not pointing out the terrible spelling mistakes and grammer, the meaning is clear they have one of the largest achiles heel's of any faith, they live in a glass house yet are throwing stone's at every one else house but the scenario is all too possible and there are other extremists as well as suicidal individual's who would happily enact such a plan.
The outcome would be panic and a flight of refugees to the supposed safe haven of the west, military action against the flood of people in an attempt to stop the infection spreading would likely be the outcome and that would mean attack's on other country's soil with the inevitable retaliation as well as break down of communications it could easily escalate into the third world war as area effect bombs such as nuclear deviced became more pallatable than the spread of the killer contagion however with the number of enclaves in western country's filled with devout wealthy muslim's (who could afford the air ticket to go on there Haaj) it is also likely the contagion would spread out at almost the same time in our own city's and country's.
But like I say there are those whom would happily take that action and we have some pretty twisted cults in our own midst.
I used the analogy of a nazi elite though if anything they are not so callouse as the Nazis and not driven by racial or religious motivations but they would and may in fact in the furture seek to benefit from such a devastating global event, still someone may wait for them by there exit hole's with a gofer hammer for a crude analogy but they alone would have the potential resources to restore order after such an event, then again making a deal with the devil is a fools bargain.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I would honestly be all for letting them live more or less as the Amish do so long as we could untangle Shari'a enough to make it clear where it must submit itself to the larger laws of the COTUS and areas they choose to set up their little Shari'a communities in. It works with the Amish.

As for those areas of the Middle East ... I'm a big fan of walls. Wall it up and let the ones out who want out so long as they agree to abide by the laws of the larger community.

Islam the religion? OK. Islam the theocratic entity. NO.

Yeah, the Amish do have their communities and police themselves, however, they are still subject to the greater law and anyone living in their "territory" is not compelled to obey any of their rules.

The problem I see with having a Sharia run region, is that they would take that a step farther an make themselves a little country within a country and force their law upon everyone, believers and non-believers alike. It is the very passive nature of the Amish that makes their rather unique situation tolerable. If they were as intense as Fred Phelps, for example, it would be a horrible thing,

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
I think we should all try to read and understand more about all religions including ours...Only with understanding and tolerance the human race will be able to see a bright future.Being narrow minded and dogmatic makes us as bad as any ones whom we are passionately criticizing...Understanding ,tolerance and respect is the only way to go,,history have had proven this point over and over for as long as humans have lived on this earth.

"Tolerance" only goes so far. We should not tolerate Mormon fundamentalists "marrying" little girls for example.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Seems I know more about Islam and Muslims then you do. There have been Muslims on here claiming Muhammad was prophecied in the bible as 'The Holy Spirit' or 'The Comforter'. Oh .. and he wasn't a prophet. He claims to have been, but he gave no proof.

And no Muhammad isn't the 'spirit of truth' either.
Considering how easily his so called visions are debunked ...

edit on 7/7/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

having something against Islam is to have something against Muslims as well.

I would take you seriously if you said you don't like some people who call themselves Muslims but are using misinterpretations of the religious teachings to further their materialistic goals and to help undermine Islam.

you are talking about ISIS, you are talking about extremists;

who is funding and training those extremists?

why are they doing it?

I am not excusing any individual or a group for their willingness to be part of a bad deal but there is a plenty of evidence and even outright public data about USA and other Allies providing all possible support to "the rebels" in various countries.

I mean, why would you try to undermine and remove government of Syria for example just to install some thuggish criminal groups who use religion to justify their evil deeds?

Islam and Muslims are the scapegoat of the day, just remember; this could happen to any group and you can boast all day about your or mine country being "peaceful", without "people killing each other", "without extremists" but remember that can always change.

the difference between you and me as I see it is that you see the cause of the problem in Islam itself but in my opinion Islam is a solution.

Just ask Geert Wilders.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

you should now point out where does it says "holy spirit"...

it says "spirit of truth".

why or how would Jesus have to send Holy Spirit to us if Holy Spirit is already and always here as part of the trinity?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm not the one who went around saying that Islam claims Muhammad is the Holy Spirit ... or The Comforter ... or even the Spirit of Truth. Those are Muslims that are misinterpreting Christian scripture to fit their own notion of Muhammad. Take it up with them. (well, the big champion of that nonsense is now banned ... so I guess you can't).

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Then why do Muslims say " there is one god, and Muhammad is his prophet"?

listen, I for one think all religions are crap, and when people die they will realize the truth that god is love. and that's it.

there's no, "our religion is the only way to god" there's only gods love.

you sick humans that want to appease your idea of god through a body count have no clue about god. do you think that a being of love wants its creation to kill each other?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join