It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My solution to Islam (from a western POV)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

If we (as in the worlds humanity) can suppress the 15-25% of extremists, then the world can live just a bit more peaceably.

And what is stopping another 15-25% from filling in the void of the ones you just eradicated? And their replacements will feel even more justified in their beliefs and will be even stronger in their sense of martyrdom.
Your solution is to meet radicalism with radicalism... which just breeds more radicalism

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Normally I am a very peaceful person. But when I see others under the lash, my dander gets up.

Just because a person is a fighter does not mean they are evil. Sometimes it means they have their act together. (Not saying I do)

But I do know right from wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

If we (as in the worlds humanity) can suppress the 15-25% of extremists, then the world can live just a bit more peaceably.

And what is stopping another 15-25% from filling in the void of the ones you just eradicated? And their replacements will feel even more justified in their beliefs and will be even stronger in their sense of martyrdom.
Your solution is to meet radicalism with radicalism... which just breeds more radicalism

Sometimes steel needs to meet steel. It's not a kumbya world.

Of course I would prefer that the leaders of various sects and governments talk it out and come to a consensus.

But really, when will that ever happen?

Peace through superior firepower. It's worked in the recent past.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I get that the world isn't a nice place, but that doesn't mean that violence is the answer.
We have already fought fire with fire, you went over 3 times in that match. It did nothing but add to the problem and destroy the infrastructure that was over there.
So why do that again if it didn't work the first time?

Really the only case of peace through superior firepower working is when we dropped the bomb to end WW2, and that is still debatable that it was the correct move.
edit on thSun, 06 Jul 2014 16:57:32 -0500America/Chicago720143280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thSun, 06 Jul 2014 16:58:24 -0500America/Chicago720142480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No offense, I am thinking that you are young. I could be wrong though.

Islamic extremism is not a new thing. It has been going on for decades, if not centuries.

Beheading a person and posting it on YT is a bad thing. Now how does that equate to taking out the beheader, using a drone as a bad thing?

As far as I am concerned, Islam these days is a cowards way of waging warfare. They used to be more upfront about it.

The thing is....they know that the more upfront about it they are, the more they will lose. Guerrilla warfare 101.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

So as I get older I will figure out that violence is the answer? Is that what you are getting at, cause I have to 100% disagree with you. Cause I used to think it was but as I have gotten older I have reversed from that.

And your example is trying to sell me on two wrongs making a right IMO, but that is just how I see it.
Both things are bad, I know you are saying we are killing the man that killed but that doesn't make it any better.
Eye for an eye leaves the world blind, I know you are just going to respond with " the world is not a nice place" or something to that nature but that won't change my view.
If we keep meeting hate with hate then all that will come out of it is more hate.

Religious extremes are nothing new I agree , and killing people for it does nothing but perpetuate the violence especially when they believe that is the best way for them to die... You are rewarding their radicalism by killing them for their beliefs. Know thy enemy right?
And do we stop at Islam? Or is it only since they are in the spotlight that we go after them?
If we are going to eradicate them for their radical ways then we better be ready to over to Israel/Palestine and take care of that religious mess as well, plenty of cowardly guerrilla warfare going on between them.

Feel free to not answer this, but do owe your faith to any religion?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LABTECH767

My take on Aisha, if she was the child of 6 to 9 at her marriage and the marriage was not consummated for a few more years is essentially the same as Robert Spencer's - in the day and age of Mohammad, such child marriages were very common across many cultures and the practice was not viewed anywhere near the same way it is viewed today by modern standards. To view Mohammad as a pedophile by our standards isn't entirely fair.

The problem comes when modern Muslims want to hold up Mohammad as the standard of the perfect life and thus carry on with child marriages like Aisha's claiming it is their religious right to do so. In the world of today, this is a very different thing across many different cultures.

This is just one example of where fundamental Islam has failed to adapt.

You are of course correct and even in europe child brides were often married to men old enough to be there grandfather's, however I do believe that these marriages were as you say consumated as soon as possible, one video that was doing the rounds on You Tube a while back had an interview with a saudi prince and he said a man could marry a girl no matter how young she was but that the marriage must be consumated as soon as possible, it is a matter of record that the age of Aisha in the oldest and therefore original Koran was six years and that she is recorded as having all her hair fall out on the wedding night which to me spell's shock induced trauma.
Even today one of his descedants called Prince Bandar is accused of heinous violations but the US state department are also accused of protecting him as part of there special relationship with Saudi Arabia.
Read this, though I can not vouch for it's validity I feel it is telling the truth and not merely informations, after I shall put up some more interesting pieces about this nasty little descendant of Muhammad.
themuslimissue.wordpress.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
saudhouse.tripod.com...
www.newenglishreview.org...
rigorousintuition.ca...

Of course this is only one man, but he is far from unique in that culture though one of the most powerful among them, or at least he was until he fell from grace.
There are thing's that go on there you and I would never in our worst nightmares dream and though our western age may be coming to an end with the militant growth of Islam at least we lived free in our time and cared about our kid's in a correct fashion, personally I can never understand how a man can find a child sexually attractive and believe there must be something very seriously wrong with the way there brain's are wired, I also think female genital mutilation which is also often found in that culture though not universally is both abomination and takes from a woman's beauty as well as causing harm to a womans' emotions as those parts are also glandular and turning sex for her into a empty painful and unpleasurable experience.
There are many thing's wrong with that religion but you are correct in pointing out our own morality was not alway's correct especially in the middle age's.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I don't owe my faith to any religion. Though I do believe in a higher power.

But until that higher power intervenes, then it is up to us. And how we wield that power will dictate how we will be judged by the future.

Those who wield the power of Islam must be put down, if anything, just for the fact they they won't allow us the same.

I'm not at all happy about that analogy...but it is what it is.

The crusades have begun anew. And this time, just like last time, it's Islams fault.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I don't owe my faith to any religion. Though I do believe in a higher power.

Well hey, here's something we both share the same view on

But seems we are on opposite sides on this topic, so don't see a sense of this going on any longer. Or not with me anyway.

Thanks for being civil about it, catch ya around on another topic

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
So, how many Muslims do we have to cowboy* before they get the point, d'ya figure?

If we go with estimates of 15-25 percent, then seems like between 240 Million and 400 Million or so need to meet the cold edge of American justice ... sound 'bout right to you?

~~~~~~~~~~
*to cowboy, verb. To kill a person with an excessive amount of bullets, this is usually done by associates of a crime syndicate who wish to send a message to those who would cross them. The action itself is done by pointing a gun (preferably automatic) at the victim, and squeezing the the trigger while moving one's hand up and down, left and right, spraying bullets into the victim like it's 1929.

Did you hear what happened to Dutch Schultz when he angered Banana-Nose Maldonado? Maldonado had the Teacher and some of his boys cowboy him.

Source: Urban Dictionary after The Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson

edit on 18Sun, 06 Jul 2014 18:22:51 -050014p062014766 by Gryphon66 because: retch

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Thanks Strem...I know I can be a pain in the ass at times.

And this is one of those instances I feel I need to be one.

I truly wish that everything could be hunky dory. But reality paints another picture.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

that's just conjecture.

a bunch of "what if's"

i think the moderates are smart enough to see what would be happening. don't you?
most are probably scared if they try to do anything on their own.

IS is the place to start, tho. take them down by force.

it's a hard problem to solve.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Forget it. No one seems to understand when you threaten a people they act like people do when under imminent danger of harm.
edit on 6-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
The crusades have begun anew. And this time, just like last time, it's Islams fault.

Wait... are you serious? Fact is no one is entirely 100% on why the Crusades were started. As many historians blame a reaction to Islamic expansion as they do Catholic aspiration. Fact is, though, the West is still to blame. And let's not forget all the other stuff the church "absolved" soldiers of prior to, and after returning from, war. Rape, torture, genocide, cannibalism, murder... you name it, the Holy Soldiers of God (who I'm guessing you feel can do no wrong) were guilty of it. But that doesn't get mentioned as much as the good things that they did.

I find it hard to take this thread seriously, because I literally cannot believe that this is a serious post. Aside from the blatant Islamophobic attitude you clearly have, there's been nothing but purely simplistic, thuggish thinking in here. And I'd go so far as to say people like YOU are the exact reason the damn extremists are able to attract so many followers!! People like YOU, who just add to the image of 'the evil west' which every single hate monger latches on to and sells to people who are desperate for a new life.

How I wish I lived in your world, where instead of addressing the root cause of the problem we just put a gun to the head of everything that is different or that scares us and order it to conform. People like you are the reason I want every single trace of our species wiped off this planet. Your attitude sickens me. Totally. Shall I take a hatchet to the Jehovah's Witnesses who keep bugging me when I'm hungover on a Sunday morning because they keep trying "to cram their crap down my throat against my wishes"? Or is it just the Eastern religions which we are going to pick on?

The Middle East wants Sharia law? Big deal! Is it going to affect your day to day life? No. Is it going to change the way you are treated if you commit a crime? No. It's none of your, mine or our government's business what the Middle East wants. If a majority want Sharia, let them have Sharia. That's called democracy. Not filling the streets with tanks, taking out a leader and installing one who's sympathetic to you.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Beheading a person and posting it on YT is a bad thing.

so is killing civilians and pissing on them.

so is killing civilians and collecting body parts as a means of competition: who will kill more...

(youtube it)

so why don't you acknowledge bad deeds of "your own" as well?

I am not saying extremists are not doing some very bad things but it's not black and white.

I don't know, you're just trolling or this level of ignorance really do exist?
edit on 7-7-2014 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

Jesus said:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackofBlades

Wait... are you serious? Fact is no one is entirely 100% on why the Crusades were started. As many historians blame a reaction to Islamic expansion as they do Catholic aspiration. Fact is, though, the West is still to blame. And let's not forget all the other stuff the church "absolved" soldiers of prior to, and after returning from, war. Rape, torture, genocide, cannibalism, murder... you name it, the Holy Soldiers of God (who I'm guessing you feel can do no wrong) were guilty of it. But that doesn't get mentioned as much as the good things that they did.

I find it hard to take this thread seriously, because I literally cannot believe that this is a serious post. Aside from the blatant Islamophobic attitude you clearly have, there's been nothing but purely simplistic, thuggish thinking in here. And I'd go so far as to say people like YOU are the exact reason the damn extremists are able to attract so many followers!! People like YOU, who just add to the image of 'the evil west' which every single hate monger latches on to and sells to people who are desperate for a new life.

How I wish I lived in your world, where instead of addressing the root cause of the problem we just put a gun to the head of everything that is different or that scares us and order it to conform. People like you are the reason I want every single trace of our species wiped off this planet. Your attitude sickens me. Totally. Shall I take a hatchet to the Jehovah's Witnesses who keep bugging me when I'm hungover on a Sunday morning because they keep trying "to cram their crap down my throat against my wishes"? Or is it just the Eastern religions which we are going to pick on?

The Middle East wants Sharia law? Big deal! Is it going to affect your day to day life? No. Is it going to change the way you are treated if you commit a crime? No. It's none of your, mine or our government's business what the Middle East wants. If a majority want Sharia, let them have Sharia. That's called democracy. Not filling the streets with tanks, taking out a leader and installing one who's sympathetic to you.

See your quick to blame others. Nothing in this world lives in a vacuum unaffected by others. So actions have consequences when people see the effects of Sharia such as stoning or torture. This tends to be looked down upon by civilized society. This leads to the animosity most people dont realize its not the religion Islam doesnt condone this. This is strictly cultural in nature. And until we get people to change their culture there will continue to be conflict. This isnt the west caused it thing or this isnt its because if Islam either. This is individuals raised in what we would see as a cruel culture and it has been going on for hundreds of years.The only way to get this to change is convincing people that what they believe to be cultural norms is in fact a form of oppression.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT!

S&F!!!

Everyday I turn on the TV and do not hear of killing in the USA BUT.....EVERYDAY........I do hear it everyday in the Middle East. I truly feel for the innocent but hate the guilty.

Often I am called a "bible thumper" or "one on the weird Christian types" which is fine with me but I am no killer or wish people would die because they have the wrong religion.

Shari'a should be illegal and those who follow this evil practice should be put in jail.

Reading should be mandatory so everyone can stand on their own two feet.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

Reading should be mandatory so everyone can stand on their own two feet.

so why don't you read?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
Forget it. No one seems to understand when you threaten a people they act like people do when under imminent danger of harm.

No they don't - extremists like the OP and radical Muslims only think of murder and warfare as a solution.
As long as these scum continue to talk for both sides and advocate the slaughter of both sides, there will never be peace.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join