It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My solution to Islam (from a western POV)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

It's in human nature to fix what is broken.

And Islam, currently is broken in my opinion.

Of course, others will disagree with me, and that is why we have war at the maximum, and debates at the minimum.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus
since the thread deals with Islam I just wanted to post a video.

you cannot suppress what's inside your heart.

I cannot stand at all the call for prayer, especially when it calls out for war. and the slaughter of innocents over some imagined moon god.

That woman was a dupe...nothing more, nothing less. What a idiot!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

If you try to fix your sink, and it goes from a drip to running stream, and you try to fix it again, and find water now running everywhere...

At what point do you just shut off the water and decide your simply not a plumber?
edit on 6-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: dmfsb

Was more or less just using OP's own words calling him raciest but i did edit it and just leave that it is extremely hateful
Care to give your thoughts about the subject in the OP?

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I know Jesus told us there would be false prophets. Sometimes, I wonder if Muhammad might have been under employ by Satan, rather than God. How could a prophet of God lead a religion that in regards, seems so opposed to the teachings to the rest of the world ? I couldn't really word that the way I wanted, but hopefully some of you get my point.

I did NOT say Muhammad was satanic, I only asked a legitimate question.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.

However, anyone might think they understand what God is all about where concerns HIS desire for HIS people, but I would imagine just about all of us are wrong...

What would God's governance on earth be like... really?

We all might come to different conclusions on the matter, but reading in the scriptures of God, I daresay none of us can really imagine what God's own governance would be like.

To most, God's rules are fairly evil... up is down and down is up. God's way, is not our way.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I shut off the water before I even try to repair the sink. Pretty simple.

I really have no qualms against Islam if they leave the rest of the world alone. But they don't...and never have. History proves this.

There are many beautiful places in the ME that others could enjoy if they weren't constrained by Islamic law. Dubai and the UAE prove this (and even they are screwed up.). Even Lebanon before the 70's.

But no! Their scholars insist we all go back to the seventh century. Screw them! I chose to live in the here and now and a pox upon them I say.

It's time to put Islam in it's place...at the bottom of the heap, where it belongs, once again.

And if any Christian, Hindu, Jew, Buddhists wants to fill the vacuum...I'll be there fighting you as well.

I am not a atheist, but I am sick of others killing in the name of God.

If that's what God wants...then screw him as well. Maybe we are better than he is?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: ketsuko

Who supplied those weapons and taught their make and their usage?

Who meddled to the point where ANY of this is an issue in your world?

To say, we messed it up to the point we cannot stop messing with it, is absolutely ridiculous. All that has been done to date is to make it all so much worse... it's past time to stop, but not too late to stop.

People have short term memory when it comes to the middle east and like to claim the west caused the conflict. Reality is its been going on since before the middle ages. Nothing has changed meddling or not the results would be the same. Every now and then other countries try to bring order and fail miserably time and again because they dont understand its not the religion its the culture. The middle east cultural allows for things such as martyrs like iran using kids to clear mine fields. This isnt a religious ideology its cultural acceptance until people in the middle east stop redefining the quran into their cultural norms. Not all islamic states have this problem and have changed there views on what's culturally acceptable. For hundreds of years people blamed the religion instead or realizing its the culture that needs to change. And ironically thats easy to do just takes time.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Oh goody, so your going to? And that makes it right, right?

lol...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

In the last couple of centuries there have been no invasion/intervention of any western society by the Muslim countries...On the other hand America,Britain ,Spain,France,Portugal,etc almost invaded the whole world ,,more than twice,and they still are...Things are quiet simple if there is no intention to complicate them.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So, for you, when you speak of "Islam," you're talking about all of the 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide in over 40 countries?

I'm not sure how you intend to put 25% of humanity "in it's place" ... which I assume means dead or at least not exercising their beliefs as THEY see fit ... but thanks for clarifying.

/backs away very slowly

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: ketsuko

Who supplied those weapons and taught their make and their usage?

Who meddled to the point where ANY of this is an issue in your world?

To say, we messed it up to the point we cannot stop messing with it, is absolutely ridiculous. All that has been done to date is to make it all so much worse... it's past time to stop, but not too late to stop.

And ironically thats easy to do just takes time.

Time is apparently what some are unwilling to give, since they believe themselves able to change the world in a minute, instead of letting people evolve.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shapur

Nice attempt at a straw man argument. Islam is guilty as well. I would suggest that you go to the library. No one is innocent in this narrative. But at some point, you do have to pick sides.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

At some point you must decide yourself unable to know which "side" to pick.

When two boys fight, you allow them to do so. It teaches them things they need to learn. You don't interfere in the quarrels of children, except to caution them to the better ideals.

So why interfere here? Why decide that there exist a people that you should meddle with, instead of allowing them to duke it out a bit until they learn whatever it is they need to...

Your posting is as scary to me as ISIS... both are extremes.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If we (as in the worlds humanity) can suppress the 15-25% of extremists, then the world can live just a bit more peaceably.

But until Islam addresses those in-bred idiots...it's war without end.

As much as it is Islams problem...it's also the worlds since they seem to spread it.

They might just get the attention the want...but I don't think it really is the attention they want. They're hoping the rest of us stay politically correct. That'll only last so long.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It's Islam's problem, so let Islam figure out how best to deal with it.

For the past 100 - 150 years the middle east has been trying to evolve, faced with new ideas and choices and thoughts never before introduced there. Some fight it, some embrace it... but all must learn to deal with them in their own way.

This can never happen with interference. Period. It just wont.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRexOf course no one is innocent,but this shouldn't Automatically give me the right to trespass my neighbor because he is a dowg too...Taking advantage of peoples short comings and ignorance is wrong, no matter how much you sugar coat it.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I've decided. I am against Islam and all it stands for. It is a blight upon mankind as far as I am concerned.

I have had enough of this cult. I am probably one of the most mellow people you would meet. But I am sick of the senseless death that Islam has exported. I've been seeing it since the seventies.

I wish I didn't have to make this decision...but I did.

Until Islam returns to the 21 century in terms of tolerance...they are the enemy, pure and simple.

To be truthful, I can't believe that anyone with any sense can abide by what Mohammed says. What that idiot went through in the 7th century has no relevance in the 21st.

Nowadays, he would be construed a pedophile and be living his time in prison.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I've decided. I am against Islam and all it stands for. It is a blight upon mankind as far as I am concerned.

I have had enough of this cult. I am probably one of the most mellow people you would meet. But I am sick of the senseless death that Islam has exported. I've been seeing it since the seventies.

I wish I didn't have to make this decision...but I did.

Until Islam returns to the 21 century in terms of tolerance...they are the enemy, pure and simple.

To be truthful, I can't believe that anyone with any sense can abide by what Mohammed says. What that idiot went through in the 7th century has no relevance in the 21st.

Nowadays, he would be construed a pedophile and be living his time in prison.
No he wouldn't,as there are many priests,Zionists,Elite pedophiles who are walking around freely and happily.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

And the more you meddle in the affairs of others, the more solidly opposed those will be to your interference. You can disagree with any belief you like, it is not up to you to decide the beliefs of men. Freewill dictates that you cannot choose for others their path.

But if you want another man's path to follow yours, be a leader of men, not a destroyer of them. So long as you seek to destroy, they will fight...

Jesus opposed what was evil and wrong, without destroying man's choice. Eventually, many came around to a better way of life... You can oppose what you see as wrong, without seeking to destroy freewill. But you must realize, people will not always agree and that is when you say: To you be your religion and to me be mine.

Then walk away.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

If we (as in the worlds humanity) can suppress the 15-25% of extremists, then the world can live just a bit more peaceably.

But until Islam addresses those in-bred idiots...it's war without end.

But if it wasn't the Muslims it would be the Russians, if it wasn't the Russians it would be the Jews, if it wasn't.... You get my point.
There has ALWAYS been a group that is an "Issue" and that leaders need to make "The Enemy" to focus people and unite them against a common enemy.

You should watch The Power of Nightmares: The Rise of the Politics of Fear by Adam Curtis, a very good Documentary.

The vast, vast majority of Muslims are like the the vast, vast majority of ANY religion or ANY people.... they're decent people who want peace and security for their family and kids, that's it.
Muslims have suffered more than ANYONE under the extremist, radical elements of the religion, yet you lump them all in together.

The Bible teaches almost ALL of the same things as the Koran... Kill the non-believers, Kill anyone who denies God, Kill anyone who blasphemes and on and on it goes.
ALL the same stuff.... and people used to do those things to, up until fairly recently in our history.

It will take time.

We have meddled in the Middle East constantly and caused much of the trouble and radicalised more Muslims than we have won over... and the US and UK are behind so many overthrows, arming of rebels and removal of dictators that it just beggars belief.

But I know... Islam is evil you say, should be wiped off the face of the earth you say.
Maybe we should set up camps to keep in them in huh? Maybe make Muslims wear some sort of symbol so we know who there are?

edit on 6/7/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join