It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My solution to Islam (from a western POV)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Is the answer never allowing any religion a majority?

The answer is education so people won't want to join up on absurd bronze age religious beliefs .... and the answer is always use secular rule of law. It's the only sensible rule of law.

link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: FlyersFan

i was actually hoping beezer was planning on moving. Thereby improving America slightly.

Ya i know the ME isn't the best place in the world to be a woman.

But hey, maybe you can move there too and make the ME less tolerant and understanding.

You're absolutely correct! I should just shut up and leave.

link   
Actually, I wouldn't mind a neighborhood with some Sufis in it. The current brand of ME Islam isn't very nice to them, either.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

maybe you can move there too and make the ME less tolerant and understanding.

Are you even capable of staying on topic and not insulting those who prove you wrong?

If I moved to the middle east it would raise the IQ of the area significantly. I would also be dead with hours because the men over there are neanderthals who can't handle the fact that an educated christian woman from the west is smarter than them and can prove them wrong.

edit on 7/6/2014 by FlyersFan because: Edited to remove my accusation error

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The answer is true Golden Rule, live and let live.

We have to stop being so sure that we're right that we have to try to force everyone else to be our way. You can't force people to salvation anyhow. They have to come to it on their own; in their own time, possibly even in their own way.

The matters people try to codify into law are best kept in the halls of debate or in vigorous conversations ... not the halls of law ... or on battlefields.

The problem is that people are so insecure that they need to confidence of knowing that everyone around them is conforming to what they are doing, too, otherwise that doubt starts to creep in.

And when I'm talking about this, it's not just religion but all beliefs, including secular progressive ones. They're no less prone to try to compel people to live as they live, think as they think, than any religion.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

How would you do that in a country where religious freedom is enshrined in the Constitution, and the Separation of Church and State is willfully eroded every day?

I agree with you, but there's no way to achieve that in the US.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yep. And that doesn't work with a bronze age religious mentality.
So we need secular rule of law to prevail.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Case in point ... that absurd story you posted about a 3,000 year old mummy washing ashore from the sea and somehow it was the exodus pharoah ... but the truth is that all the pharoahs are accounted for during that time period and none drown. You just regurgitated Muslim feel-good propaganda instead of checking the truth of the situation. You have yet to admit your error.

again, i don't recall ever posting anything like that. Please link that for me so I can see it.

Yeah the ME is a different culture. And I said that it's not a great place for a woman.

But please, post that link where i said such a thing.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

How would you do that in a country where religious freedom is enshrined in the Constitution, and the Separation of Church and State is willfully eroded every day?

I agree with you, but there's no way to achieve that in the US.

Truth. I think we're basically screwed any way you look at it.

Someone is always going to be right.
Someone else is always going to be wrong.

The only thing I know for sure is that the sun will rise, the sun will set, and the world will keep on spinning.

Everything else is pretty much up for grabs.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Yep. And that doesn't work with a bronze age religious mentality.
So we need secular rule of law to prevail.

Absolutely agree! Any religion that crosses the boundaries of individual freedom, reasonable understanding and scientific fact should be relegated to personal belief and not receive the sponsorship of the government or its legal systems.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok
Here you go

SORRY .. my bad ... it was Darknstormy .. not you.
You two sound so much alike. I edited my accusation that this was you out.
edit on 7/6/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You seem incredibly lucid this morning, if I may say so.

I would only suggest that humans have been around a long-time and the world even longer.

We muddle through, and sometimes, things actually do get better in small ways.

At least, that's what I tell myself. Best,

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If you would have looked at one of the links posted earlier you might have come across this:

en.wikipedia.org...

Given your post, I thought it a little bit funny.

And yes, the west have done some terrible things, what I don't understand is why it's seemingly bigoted to talk of the belligerence of Islam. Why are leftists apologetics when it comes to Islam? The one religion that is truly the most bigoted and backwards in terms of women's rights, LGBT and a host of other issues.

How is this not apparent to so called progressives?

You'll jump on the christian bashing bandwagon any day of the week but will jump to the defense of Islam at all times.

Is this cognitive dissonance not apparent enough?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Except with the secular rule of law, we eventually wind up with societies in which no religion is respected at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Except with the secular rule of law, we eventually wind up with societies in which no religion is respected at all.

Secular rule of law respects religious rights as long as those religious rights don't interfere with others. It protects everyone to believe as they wish as long as they keep their beliefs in their own 'space'. Really, it's the only way to run an over crowded planet in a civilized manner. IMHO

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

That's what I thought. But sorry, no sock puppets here.

hmm wrong about that, i wonder, can you be wrong about this too?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

And the sooner that day comes the better, certainly with regard to the Abrahamic religions. The only religions that should have traction are the Wicca beliefs and Budhism, or anything else that promotes love and peace.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

i wonder, can you be wrong about this too?

No I'm not wrong about this. Don't even go there. It won't work.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Secular rule of law respects religious rights as long as those religious rights don't interfere with others. It protects everyone to believe as they wish as long as they keep their beliefs in their own 'space'. Really, it's the only way to run an over crowded planet in a civilized manner. IMHO

Ideally, that sounds good, but the definition of "respecting religious rights so long as those rights don't interfere with others" gets narrower and narrower all the time. Pretty soon, no one will be able to even admit to religion anywhere outside their own home, and maybe not even their if they have children, after all, it might be infringing on the rights of the child to hear about their parents' faith ...

And if you don't think this isn't the direction things have been trending ... You haven't been paying attention to what the left has been saying.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Trending? The SCOTUS just awarded religious rights to corporations!!!

If anything, the US is headed toward theocracy, rather than secularism.

Right before our eyes, indeed.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join