Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

My solution to Islam (from a western POV)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I realize that I am probably going to get flamed for this, called racist, and possibly even banned, though I hope not. I put this in the MudPit as Islam is not just a religion, but also a political entity.

I have known many good people who follow both sects of Islam. They just want to live their lives in peace, but yet are terrified of others who wish to subjugate them to their beliefs. They fear for their families and their own lives if they stand up to tyrants.

If the followers of Islam have not been fighting others since Mohammed died, they have been fighting amongst themselves, for centuries. What once was a society of science and mathematics has descended into chaos at war with itself all because of the few that have charisma and want more power for themselves. Those that are treading this path are likely to end up dead due to their own greed.

My solution to all this? Subject them to their own laws. Convert or die. Or at a minimum, if they want to continue to practice Islam, make them pay Jizyra (taxes) at a high rate.

True believers, Radicals, Extremists, or even die-hards will not conform. If Islam cannot be subjugated, then it must be eradicated. Until then, there will be no peace. All they know is war.

War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Believe it not, I have had my fill of war, but at some point a person must make a hard choice and stand by it. I don’t stand by any religion or political ideology, but I will stand against any religion or political ideology that tries to cram their crap down my throat against my wishes.

I know it’s not politically correct, but now you know where I stand on this particular issue.

My question is at what point do you say, "Enough is Enough!"
edit on 5-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I would honestly be all for letting them live more or less as the Amish do so long as we could untangle Shari'a enough to make it clear where it must submit itself to the larger laws of the COTUS and areas they choose to set up their little Shari'a communities in. It works with the Amish.

As for those areas of the Middle East ... I'm a big fan of walls. Wall it up and let the ones out who want out so long as they agree to abide by the laws of the larger community.

Islam the religion? OK. Islam the theocratic entity. NO.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Islam is a religion like any other.It has got the mixture of good and not so good laws and practices at the same time just like any other ideology...You can not say no to an Abrahamic religion with their billions of followers around the world...But we can say no to extremism,greed,lies and deceptions,which are mostly conducted by the Elites and their allies to discredit a certain religion/ideology...Just because a group of Muslim" terrorists are financed and supported to do nasty missions does not mean all muslims are terrorist or Islam is spreading terrorism, that is just insane!...The same way people do not blame christians or Americans in general for atrocities done by some of their people in the government.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Why don't we just place camera's around the region, wall off the Middle-East and turn it all into a reality television show? Let them do their thing while we watch the 'entertainment' unfold.

In all seriousness though, i'm not sure if the tactics expressed in the OP would completely work, and we must think of the religious individuals who have no affiliation with extremism or war. I agree that Islam as a whole must find a new way forward, but i think the only way that is going to happen, is if there is some proactive campaigning for change on behalf of the moderate population of Muslims.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: shapur

Islam is a religion like any other.It has got the mixture of good and not so good laws and practices at the same time just like any other ideology...You can not say no to an Abrahamic religion with their billions of followers around the world...But we can say no to extremism,greed,lies and deceptions,which are mostly conducted by the Elites and their allies to discredit a certain religion/ideology...Just because a group of Muslim" terrorists are financed and supported to do nasty missions does not mean all muslims are terrorist or Islam is spreading terrorism, that is just insane!...The same way people do not blame christians or Americans in general for atrocities done by some of their people in the government.

Some peoples memories are very long. There are those that blame the Crusades still to this day on the Christians, even though the Islamic army were encroaching upon Christian lands first. It's history. The two ideologies were at war for centuries.

But to deny that Islam is just a religion is wrong on so many levels. It is a political movement. Their own laws prove such.

Personally, I don't care what religion or political ideology some one is, as long as they are peaceful and polite about it.

While it may be a minority, there are a fair amount of Islamist who are converting at the barrel of a gun. I can't abide by that.

If there is any hope for Islam, it will have to be the moderates within Islam getting their hands dirty and putting down the extremists. I think that is their only hope.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Cause all the other religions of the world have a squeaky clean record of no violence/war....

Do you not see the hypocrisy in this?
You are tired of them killing people; so to solve that you give an ultimatum where if they don't convert then they die??
What does that solve other then causing more hostility in that area.
Unless you live out there or have family out there i see no reason for you to be so adamant about the destruction of that religion/ideology.
And yes this is extremely hateful
edit on thSat, 05 Jul 2014 12:14:30 -0500America/Chicago720143080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
And yes this is extremely racist and hateful

Islam is a religion comprised of adherents from many, many racial backgrounds. Therefore, it is impossible to call anything stated by OP or supporters as "racist". Unless you intend to unilaterally alter the meaning of the word.

Your racism card has been declined due to insufficient truth.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dmfsb

Was more or less just using OP's own words calling him raciest but i did edit it and just leave that it is extremely hateful
Care to give your thoughts about the subject in the OP?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Was more or less just using OP's own words calling him raciest but i did edit it and just leave that it is extremely hateful
Care to give your thoughts about the subject in the OP?

The OP presumably used that word to preempt others from making use of the word where it is not justified or appropriate.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Cause all the other religions of the world have a squeaky clean record of no violence/war....

Do you not see the hypocrisy in this?
You are tired of them killing people; so to solve that you give an ultimatum where if they don't convert then they die??
What does that solve other then causing more hostility in that area.
Unless you live out there or have family out there i see no reason for you to be so adamant about the destruction of that religion/ideology.
And yes this is extremely hateful

Who cares? Stay on topic. You seem to be ideologically wedded. What you see as hateful...I see as the cold hard truth. I've been "out there" and have tried to help those who were subjugated. I've seen it first hand. And have had the fears expressed to me by families. They are terrified.

Maybe you need to go out and experience it.

Suck it up Buttercup. The world is not a nice place.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Extremist terrorist groups do not represent Islam in any way.They are just paid elements to push for a certain agenda at different times...Al qaeda,Taliban,Isis,Mko,Daesh,etc,are all participating in a deathly old game of divide and conquer directed and produced by the puppet masters with their big corporate boddies...Without them,there will be peace and stability in the region which is not desirable or profitable at all and would naturally not satisfy the delicate taste of the filthy rich elites and their greedy friends.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
a reply to: daaskapital

Extremist terrorist groups do not represent Islam in any way.They are just paid elements to push for a certain agenda at different times...Al qaeda,Taliban,Isis,Mko,Daesh,etc,are all participating in a deathly old game of divide and conquer directed and produced by the puppet masters with their big corporate boddies...Without them,there will be peace and stability in the region which is not desirable or profitable at all and would naturally not satisfy the delicate taste of the filthy rich elites and their greedy friends.

This argument is only valid when the discussion is about the leadership of such groups. FACT: These groups are financed, organised and run by outsider influences, but it is also FACT: many thousands of "normal" people are being radicalised and believe these groups are organic, if you will. So we have paid leadership and unaware terrorists.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Op, you're right this thread is offensive, simplistic and intolerent.

At least you're honest and I understand your worries.
Muslims are far from being perfect and they have been misled by radilcalism and extremism for a while.
Wahhabism is the main cause of this turmoil in my opinion. Since the creation of the house of Saud, Muslims have been manipulated their dark agenda.
If the Zionists and the Wahhabis were not backed and protected by the west, I'm pretty sure we would be living in more peaceful times, no doubt.

An advice to the Op. Maybe you should Stop watching MSM because they succeeded in their mission, you're afraid of the boogie man.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

So intolerance is bad but ONLY when it comes from people who are culturally and genetically western, is that the gist of your argument?

Such a shame, I was really looking forward to having my wifes walking behind me like second class subhumans, I guess I'll just have to drive them everywhere because they are banned from doing it themselves. I would really hate to be seen as intolerant, especially when undertaking important tasks like selecting my daughters husband for her and cheering on the Honor Killing of a woman who was raped.
edit on 5-7-2014 by dmfsb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

I rarely watch the MSM, with the exception of the occasional vids on line. I'm just very pissed off right now as quite a few Iraqis that I have known, and were good people have now disappeared recently. I'm hoping that they and their families have fled the violence, but I fear otherwise.

One of the few times I get emotional is when good people die. And to be truthful, I want revenge. Islam has been at war with humanity (for not accepting Islam) for centuries. The only time they are peaceful is when there is a boot upon their neck. I'm thinking it's time to actually put the boot upon their neck again. The only thing they respect is strength. I wish it were otherwise, but history shows this to be true.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dmfsb

So intolerance is bad but ONLY when it comes from people who are culturally and genetically western, is that the gist of your argument?

Such a shame, I was really looking forward to having my wifes walking behind me like second class subhumans, I guess I'll just have to drive them everywhere because they are banned from doing it themselves. I would really hate to be seen as intolerant, especially when undertaking important tasks like selecting my daughters husband for her and cheering on the Honor Killing of a woman who was raped.

Did I say racist ? Xenophobe ?
Some Muslims are western looking so I don't get your over sensitive victimization ... Weird.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
First off, what was off topic in my post? Was it that I brought up other religions and their past? Not off topic in anyway.
So since you couldn't help them, then submit them to an ultimatum that may end in their death or converting to a religion/ideology they may not agree with? How does that help anyone?
I never said the world was a "nice place" just that your "final solution" is nothing but a violent way to try and end a violent problem.
Lots of people are "terrified" cause of all the fear that gets shoved down our throats out here, doesn't make the fear legitimate and give reason to kill people.

And thanks for the advice, maybe you can respond without going after me in your response to this

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

FACT: These groups are financed, organized and run by outsider influences

Ya, the united states.
Look at what we did for them starting in the 80's
And you still haven't gave your take on the OP's solution, but it seems you agree with it.
edit on thSat, 05 Jul 2014 12:49:47 -0500America/Chicago720144780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dmfsb

Did I say racist ? Xenophobe ?
Some Muslims are western looking so I don't get your over sensitive victimization ... Weird.

No you didn't. Unfortunately I am an expert at exposing and halting the use of Leftist Obfuscation. In this case, your attempt to talk about race and xenophobia when that is most decidedly NOT the topic of my reply, and is infact something I covered fairly comprehensively in my first post to this thread.

I am discussing the double standard that the left feels gives it justification to label anyone "intolerant" if they criticise the most brutal, violent and discriminatory elements of any Abrahamic religion, in effect supporting what they protest against so much. In this case, sexism, homophobia and violence towards women.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm calming down finally. Though still pissed off. It's just one of the conundrums that which you try to find a solution for.

And the only solution that I can see to fundamentalist/extremist Islam is to apply their own laws to them. They would at least understand that and maybe think twice.

I also happen to think that the US should apply the laws of the origins that illegal immigrants come from to them. That might make them think twice as well.

The world as far as I am concerned is going to hell in a hand-basket. It's going to take some hardcore decisions to turn it around. You probably wouldn't like most of those decisions and probably neither would I. Even though we are on the opposite sides of the political spectrum.

We need to call out fundamentalist Islam out and hold their feet to the fire. Once that problem is solved, we can move on to others and solve them as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join