It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reincarnation of Marty Martyn - a Remarkable Case Study

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
How interesting. The dilemma you pose is exactly the one with which I've been grappling. He says he chose his present mother. Obviously if this were true, then others would also get to choose their current incarnations, imo. If so, why would anyone choose to be born as a woman in Saudi Arabia or North Korea? Did he ever say why he chose his mother? I've read other stories of reincarnation where the re-born person seems to keep the same nationality and culture of the previous life, and for some reason that doesn't sit right with me.

It's a good question for sure. Perhaps your choices are limited to you past lives and actions which may limit your reincarnation options to Saudi Arabia or North Korea. There could be something that soul needs to learn in a different way

On the "why" part, I think that's a cool thing to ask because it means in the afterlife we are still a conscience with free will, even though the choices may not be so good

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: payta

originally posted by: Maigret
a reply to: VegHead

As a result of reading the Bible, I have also come to believe in reincarnation.

Edgar Cayce, who is reputed to have read the whole Bible every single day of his life, when asked about reincarnation in the Bible, said something to the effect of, 'it could be read into, and out of, the Bible'.

There is one verse Matthew 11:14, where after John the Baptist has been killed, the Son of God says a strange thing about John: 'And if ye are willing to accept it, this is Elijah, who is to come.' Note that even the Jews are expecting Elijah to return, and always leave a spare seat for him at Passover. I also suspect that Elijah will return as one of the Two Witnesses mentioned in Revelation.

Also the Scarlet Beast / Eighth Head from Revelation 17:8 & 11 from the Sea is described as 'who was, who is not and who yet shall be present'. This could be read as 'was [alive], is not [alive] and yet who shall be present [alive and well].

All of these, IMO, strongly suggest reincarnation...

Dont mean to come on as a jerk, but if those are the kind of quotes you can find in the bible to prove reincarnation, then I'd say evidence is pretty weak.
I mean, you can find all sorts of crazy claims there, it's full of books.

Yes, I understand you may not set much store by it, and I can understand that from your point of view.

However, it was a shock to me to realise, only recently, that the Bible supports reincarnation - and this proof, although appearing limited, is directly from the Source of life itself. I have the experience/s to know and trust this Source!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I find reincarnation one of the most fascinating mysteries on earth. IMO, there's a lot of evidence that cannot be denied. I read about it when I was younger, for personal reasons, but really researched it a lot when my first son was born. I created a thread here about it. He definitely remembered dying in a helicopter crash with a "green lady". He was talking really good at a young age and he told me this story repeatedly. I tried to find anything about a heli crash with a woman named Green but didn't come up with anything. I was hoping to show him some pics, but like I said, I didn't find anything.

My second son also displayed some odd behavior like that, as well. He would point and say that he wanted to go home. Sometimes he would cry when saying it. He definitely thought home was somewhere else. It was heart breaking but very fascinating stuff. I have to say that I believe in it. There's something to it. I also had memories, since I can first remember, of drowning in a creek when I was very little. The creek ran in a back yard with a house close to it. I remember the taste of the dishwater in the creek. When I smell that smell it triggered those memories through the years. I remember a woman crying uncontrollably after it happened. I never told anyone this except for my wife after many years of marriage.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

I just now heard about this story, it was on the news today and part of my curious search landed me here. I want to know as much as possible! Thanks for your post, good reads! S & F

On the Today show

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Respect to all

New to the site and already am feeling like I belong..
DR. Stevenson research into this phenomenon has certainly paved the way for more questions which Imo is not a bad thing rather a step in the right direction.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join