It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reincarnation of Marty Martyn - a Remarkable Case Study

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead
Now THAT is how do a thread!!!
Very interesting... ghanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frith
These types of stories both fascinate and instill me with intense fear. Reincarnation, especially our situation where it appears that memories are erased, seems like a never-ending repetitive form of torture or even "Hell."

I imagine the perspective on "the other side" is such that, when faced with all the previous lives where one can see the successes and failures, an eagerness to "give it another go" must be strong.

I think that the western culture which is steeped heavily in Christianity does a good job of speeding the erasure of any previous life lessons.

If a person could more fully remember the valuable life lessons learned before that would make things easier, wouldn't it?

I reportedly knew things at an early age that I shouldn't have, but my parents seem to attribute it to genetic memory.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: djmarcone

About that past life memory issue. Take into account eastern countries like India where they actually do believe in reincarnation. Hindus place upon themselves a caste system where they believe they reincarnate as upper or lower classes of society in a rigid system that does not change no matter how many times they reincarnate and even have their own gods attached to their beliefs.

The past life memories of the minority of westerners who have them do not match up with eastern reincarnation beliefs. You don't read about Hindu gods or caste systems in them. Even in the rare instances where a westerner remembers an alleged afterlife/in-between lives experience.

I would like to think the eastern practitioners would have it better figured out if reincarnation is a reality, but it seems that the subject is still extremely mysterious and lacking in anything that matches with western experience.
edit on 7-7-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Nice story!

S&F

I always love to ponder about these kind of things, wether I believe its real or not.
I'm very skeptical, but I still wonder about it often.

If it works like the above posters are saying, that our 'spirit' needs to learn, then how many souls is there?
If each planet got their own 'realm of spirits' and you only can choose that one, then there would only be a few 'real old spirits' which has been here on earth for as long as possible. So is that why there is "awful people" becuase their soul havent been here for more than one human life?

Or can our 'spirits' chose all planets in the universe? Becuase if we need to learn all things, then we must have to been everything. King, Queen, Director, hobo, blind, and so on.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 7-7-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: Double post

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thiaoouba Prophecy

I used to believe in reincarnation. It is not the Truth. It's all a concept held in the mind that YOU were born are Alive and will Die. One must understand that One was never born. You are the unborn. Universes are born but not You. They are born in you not You in them. One is not an entity. Your eternal position must stand in the conviction that YOU, the all pervading, eternal Awareness are One in the same being. But not as a Human Individual. Reincarnation is Fraud because the entire Universe is a LIE, its an Illusion on your True State.

I will continue to teach my ATS brothers and sisters the Truth of their own being. Your individual body, your experience, your personal consciousness contains approximate 4 billion electrons. Each electron has 100 gigabytes of "memory" capacity. The life span of those electrons is 1 with 1 hundred zeros behind it. This knowledge is the key to understanding the entire mystery. That is why the destruction of the atom is such a formidable weapon.

This soul is your vehicle but it is not THE TRUE YOU. So all lies must be discarded even the concept of reincarnation wrong once you know your true identity. The Absolute Immortal Infinitley Powerful Awareness Ethereal Ocean is your True Being. Because Time and space is a concept within the supreme intellect it can be transcended via meditation. Dive deep into yourself and you will know who you are.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sorry double post was trying to correct a spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It's a pretty lofty pursuit. a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Everything is Mind Alone. Consciousness is not Eternal. There can only be One True Reality. If Everything that is manifest is transitory then we can infer that there is something that is immortal and eternal. The Unmanifest Awareness. The observer has never changed. The Natural State, "The Goal" is already there. The mind is in the way. The Ego must surrender the inner beliefs that it is the source of its own power. Then Self realization occurs.
edit on 7-7-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: Spelling

edit on 7-7-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Everything is Mind Alone. Consciousness is not Eternal. There can only be One True Reality. If Everything that is manifest is transitory then we can infer that there is something that is immortal and eternal. The Unmanifest Awareness. The observer has never changed. The Natural State, "The Goal" is already there. The mind is in the way. The Ego must surrender the inner beliefs that it is the source of its own power. Then Self realization occurs.

Thanks for sharing your theory. I've read you posts several times and am honestly really struggling to understand what you are saying. Could you explain how you define Mind versus Consciousness? That might help.

Also, how does your theory explain the case presented in this thread? How is the "illusion" of reincarnation created?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

He was featured on a tv show called ghost inside my child on the Lifetime network.
They had a segment that featured someone who died on the Titanic, a child who perished in the Murray building in Oklahoma City and someone who died on Sept 11th in the trade center.

Yeah, I did a thread on that show. Some great stories told by children remembering past lives.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

________________________________________________________________________________

To the OP, S&F! Great story!
For anyone who loves to read up on reincarnation, who is trying to decide if it's real, you should read the book,

And, for those Christians that are too closed-minded to even consider it, (I used to be one, too) this book answers a lot of questions:

For people just beginning on their journey of searching the topic of reincarnation, my I suggest the book, Life Without Guilt, by Hazel M. Denning, Ph.D is an excellent place to start! It's wonderful!

Thanks for posting this topic again. I think it's important to get this message out there to as many as possible.

I have that book on Christianity and Reincarnation (thanks to a thread of yours that suggested it)... it's in a big stack of books to read this summer. So many books, such little time...

The Ghost Inside My Child episode -- that is a different case, right? Everything I've seen on it makes it look like it is a different case (different name, etc.) but I haven't been able to confirm that. As I said in another post, I wouldn't be surprised if this story was used in that series, but it just looked like it not Ryan's case...

Thanks!!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Now I'm going to preface this post by saying that my knowledge of various reincarnation accounts is rather limited, so if my question can be answered because I haven't read enough of them then so be it. That being said, I've always wondered why reincarnation accounts never seem to transfer genders. Why do we never read about a boy living a past life as a girl or vice-versa? If the human body is truly just a vessel for our spirit or whatever, then shouldn't it reason that one can reincarnate into a different gender?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Now I'm going to preface this post by saying that my knowledge of various reincarnation accounts is rather limited, so if my question can be answered because I haven't read enough of them then so be it. That being said, I've always wondered why reincarnation accounts never seem to transfer genders. Why do we never read about a boy living a past life as a girl or vice-versa? If the human body is truly just a vessel for our spirit or whatever, then shouldn't it reason that one can reincarnate into a different gender?

Interesting point. It does seem to be more common that people who claim memories of past lives have the same gender in their current life as in their past life. This could support that past-lives are more "psychological" than "real"... or it could be that having being the same gender makes it easier to connect to a past life and remember it... or it could be that there is some essential gender identity (or at least a gender 'tendency') with our souls. I don't know. I'm interested to hear how others respond to your question.

But there are indeed many cases of people claiming past lives of different genders. So it isn't unheard of, by any means. There are a few stories of this here:
www.iisis.net...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Posting so I can read later. Thanks for the info mate, S&F!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Well that makes sense. I guess I'm just more familiar with the more famous examples which all show same gender reincarnations.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maigret

As a result of reading the Bible, I have also come to believe in reincarnation.

Edgar Cayce, who is reputed to have read the whole Bible every single day of his life, when asked about reincarnation in the Bible, said something to the effect of, 'it could be read into, and out of, the Bible'.

There is one verse Matthew 11:14, where after John the Baptist has been killed, the Son of God says a strange thing about John: 'And if ye are willing to accept it, this is Elijah, who is to come.' Note that even the Jews are expecting Elijah to return, and always leave a spare seat for him at Passover. I also suspect that Elijah will return as one of the Two Witnesses mentioned in Revelation.

Also the Scarlet Beast / Eighth Head from Revelation 17:8 & 11 from the Sea is described as 'who was, who is not and who yet shall be present'. This could be read as 'was [alive], is not [alive] and yet who shall be present [alive and well].

All of these, IMO, strongly suggest reincarnation...

Dont mean to come on as a jerk, but if those are the kind of quotes you can find in the bible to prove reincarnation, then I'd say evidence is pretty weak.
I mean, you can find all sorts of crazy claims there, it's full of books.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

Thanks for sharing your theory. I've read you posts several times and am honestly really struggling to understand what you are saying. Could you explain how you define Mind versus Consciousness? That might help.

Also, how does your theory explain the case presented in this thread? How is the "illusion" of reincarnation created?

Just like Jesus Christ and lord Buddha you will be 1 in 10 million people that will become One that understands that You are Fully God and Fully Human. At the highest level of consciousness at the God level. Everything and everybody is nothing but your Self. Reincarnation does happen in linear time but you must still understand your source, that infinite spark in you was never born. You allow all your lower selves by universal law you created to have 9 cycles of 81 lives per soul per, Big Bang. The issue on reincarnation is more difficult to explain because the soul is not whole. It is split down from Your guardian angel on the Planet Thiaoouba. She send one 9th of herself down through the 9 levels of planets. You share your "Overself" with 8 other people on planet Earth of the 1st category. This being a level 1 planet like kindergarten. There are only 3 level 9 planets in the known Universe. There are higher levels of Ethereal Heavenly Planets but I won't go into that as we are talking about the psychical realm of planets.

So 729 changes of flesh, reincarnations for what? By that time if your mind and conscious evolution is not strong enough to sustain biological immortality then that energy that is allotted to your soul and it's remainder lifespan get permanently recycled back into the universal pool of elements never to be a human or human like being as a single individual soul again. That 4 billion trillion electrons will go to a tree or a plant or to be reused in another point of space. The angelic race always has this psychic power of being able to control the manifest universe with their mind but our individual JOB is to progress up the planetary scale in order to have a soul merger into their bodily form. Eventually into the final merger with the pure awareness of The Creator God, The Great Spirit. The Bliss in the Final Merger into a pure spirit is The Goal and No Human words can describe it. The universe is built on 9 categories or levels of planets because each level is built as a specific environment to "refine" a soul. Just as a piece of ore must be refined many times over before it becomes a piece of stainless steel so must our soul go through gauntlets and experience of lower levels of a "Planet of Sorrow" as other races call our home such as Earth.

The main point of understanding consciousness is that it is always of something. Light, Energy, Atoms, Subatomic particles. What gave rise to consciousness? You think it is the mind but that is not so. Awareness imagines consciousness to be. Awareness can stand alone by itself. It is real because it has always been there. It does not need a vehicle, it does not need to create a Big Bang and a Universe but it did so in order to experience itself .Awareness is again something you know self evidently because you don't need proof that you know that you self aware. That awareness is the Infinite God Spark that You, God put in every single sentient being. That infinite means INFINITE. You only limit that because you think that you are the body mind machine and don't see that THAT awareness is already beyond time and space itself.
edit on 8-7-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: Spelling

edit on 8-7-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
These cases always fascinate me! I do hope though that we have a choice on whether or not we want to come back, because frankly, I would never want to come back here.

Thus my sign-off comment:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Great thread OP!

Our ATS radio show, Out of the Box, did an intriguing interview on this topic with David Griffin; he claims to remember billions of previous lifetimes, here and on other planets.

Here's the link: www.illustrial.net... Pick Season 4, Episode 1.

Here's his website with includes lots of articles: Upward Vector Publishing
edit on 2751117pmTuesdayf51Tue, 08 Jul 2014 23:51:27 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead I'm reading the book Return to Life: Extraordinary Cases of Children who Remember Past Lives. It was published in December 2013 by Jim Tucker, MD. Tucker worked under, and is now continuing the work of, Ian Stevenson. I am skeptical of reincarnation, but keeping an open mind and seeing where the evidence leads me.

...Tucker suggests that quantum mechanics may offer a mechanism by which memories and emotions could carry over from one life to another ...
en.wikipedia.org...

see "quantum woo" ... rationalwiki.org...

and while you're at it see "leading question" and "confirmation bias" .
edit on 9-7-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join