It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pope condemns personal relationship with Christ

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady

If not, tell me how they rose above that label?

They do not worship the pope, they do not worship Mary...

Wow, wrong on both counts. Neither do Catholics.
At least I see the hatred is based on misinformation.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Catholics do not, Church of Rome catholics do.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Catholics do not, Church of Rome catholics do.

Oh really?

I need a vacation from ATS.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

If not, tell me how they rose above that label?

They do not worship the pope, they do not worship Mary...

At least I see the hatred is based on misinformation.
Hey sister. no one on here hates catholics.
Catholics are catholics and not Christian really, but no one hates catholics, they are just unfortunately misguided.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There are our differences, Catholic and Protestant. God is going to straighten them out very soon.

The priest scandal, a tiny percentage of priests committed crimes of sodomy against those who trusted them. They will answer to God. At the same time, while our country continues to approve of sodomy, passing laws to protect this sin. Imagine, the sacrament of marriage is for two men and two women now!

What of the good priests and their predecessors for 2000 years?

The New Covenant ministerial priesthood is holy. God gives signs and miracles to help people believe. Here is
one, look at the photo. A rose survived the cremation of a priest.

www.wtness.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
1 - Catholics ARE Christians. Anyone who says differently has bought the anti-Catholic nonsense spewed by Jack Chick and biased fundamentalist ministers.

2 - Catholics do NOT worship Mary or the pope. Anyone who says so is severely undereducated and needs to go read the Catholic Catechism to see exactly what Catholics believe. Stop listening to fundamentalist nonsense and go to the source to see the truth of what Catholics believe.

3 - Catholics and Orthodox Christians believe in Transubstantiation - that the Eucharist becomes the Body and Blood of Jesus.

4 - Episcopalians and some Lutherans believe in Consubstantiation - that the Eucharist is both bread and the Body of Jesus.

5 - Technically ALL religions are a cult ... protestant, catholic, muslim, jewish, hindu. Even stand alone bible christians who don't go to church but who pray to God are in a cult .. a cult of one ... but they are still in a cult.

Cult definition - a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: colbe
"Small children", no, records show the priest scandal was homosexual NOT pedophile. Liberal media cannot call the scandal homosexual because they approve of the act of sodomy!

Oh dear, you disagree with your pope about that- even he accepts the reality that they are paedophiles - at least 2% of them!

www.news.com.au...

Francis also condemned child sex abuse as a “leprosy” in the Church and cited his aides as saying “the level of paedophilia in the Church is at two per cent”. “That two per cent includes priests and even bishops and cardinals,” he said.

edit on 13-7-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

"Small children", no, records show the priest scandal was homosexual NOT pedophile. Liberal media cannot call the scandal homosexual because they approve of the act of sodomy!

The scandal was pedophilia ... not homosexuality.
Those are two different orientation.

Pedophilia - adults with sexual orientation toward children of either sex.
Homosexuality - adults with sexual orientation toward adults of the same sex.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: colbe

At the same time, while our country continues to approve of sodomy, passing laws to protect this sin. Imagine, the sacrament of marriage is for two men and two women now!

You're more than welcome to move in with the Vatican if our laws don't meet your standards. Don't let our heathen practices hold your self-righteous tastes in check. You'd be in wonderful company, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

At the same time, while our country continues to approve of sodomy, passing laws to protect this sin. Imagine, the sacrament of marriage is for two men and two women now!

You're more than welcome to move in with the Vatican if our laws don't meet your standards. Don't let our heathen practices hold your self-righteous tastes in check. You'd be in wonderful company, I'm sure.

Shouldn't we be looking at people's faith and hearts and not in their bedrooms?
edit on 13-7-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Religion doesn't go away upon entering the bedroom.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

That actually was my point, in the bedroom, their faith and hearts are guiding them.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Males that like penises are homosexual, no matter what the age. I guess the numbers might be a bit different if there was choir girls. Maybe more straight pedophile priests would join if that were the case. But how it is set up, gay pedophiles are at an obvious advantage for their tastes.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

That actually was my point, in the bedroom, their faith and hearts are guiding them.

I would imagine that being somewhat similar to taking your work home with you.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I would imagine that being somewhat similar to taking your work home with you.

Do you consider activities in the bedroom to be work?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Your personal unkind post is pretty "self-righteous." We disagree. God is going to fix these terrible times.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Oh dear, you disagree with your pope about that- even he accepts the reality that they are paedophiles - at least 2% of them!

www.news.com.au...

Francis also condemned child sex abuse as a “leprosy” in the Church and cited his aides as saying “the level of paedophilia in the Church is at two per cent”. “That two per cent includes priests and even bishops and cardinals,” he said.

Do you think the Pope's interviewer and the news service have a bias? From your article:

"The interview was the third in a series with the 90-year-old founder of the La Repubblica daily, Eugenio Scalfari, a famous journalist and known atheist."

Someone, maybe you hellobruce posted reference to the John Jay College study. Did you share that victims weren't prepubescent? It has been posted here 81% of the abuse victims were male. The scandal was homosexual. Do not support sodomites and mock the priesthood using this scandal.

+ + +

Myth: Children have been the main victims of priestly sexual abuse. *

Fact: Since more than 95 percent of all the victims of priestly sexual abuse, as reported by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, are NOT prepubescent, that means that adolescents have been the primary victims.

Myth: Pedophile priests have been the problem. *

Fact: Homosexual priests have been the problem. Proof: 81 percent of the victims have been male, and more than 95 percent have been postpubescent. When males have sex with postpubescent males, it is called homosexuality.

www.catholicleague.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

There are our differences, Catholic and Protestant. God is going to straighten them out very soon.

The priest scandal, a tiny percentage of priests committed crimes of sodomy against those who trusted them. They will answer to God. At the same time, while our country continues to approve of sodomy, passing laws to protect this sin. Imagine, the sacrament of marriage is for two men and two women now!

What of the good priests and their predecessors for 2000 years?

The New Covenant ministerial priesthood is holy. God gives signs and miracles to help people believe. Here is
one, look at the photo. A rose survived the cremation of a priest.

www.wtness.org...

Did anyone look at the photo of the rose? The miracle happened back in 2004. How come it is okay to believe
the witness, testimony of atheists, disbelievers but let a Christian give witness to the miraculous and they are accused of being liars, falsifying?

Lying breaks one of God's Commandments so have an open mind and heart, believe

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Actually, Francis is the ONLY world leader, religious or civic, on the global stage, who is openly and publicly condemning:

1) Mafias and all organized crime
2) Weapons makers and manufacturers
3) Warmaking and all attempts to make wars
4) Usery

For that alone, I think he's an outstanding Pope. And speaking for myself, as a person who found recovery only through an organized group of individuals, I think his point about finding salvation through the church is correct.

It takes a fine mind to appreciate that merely having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is a dangerous proposition. If that were the case, all alone you could make grave errors of judgment. Indeed, it was a Protestant movement, the Oxford Group, that spoke of the necessity for witnessing with a trusted partner or group so that people were not led astray during quiet time with God .

This is a KEY ESSENTIAL of first-century Christianity, that is, Community, and one finds again and again that people find genuine and lasting healing within communities, not alone in their heads. God does speak better when two or more are gathered in his name.

Finally, John Highham described anti-Catholicism as "the most luxuriant, tenacious tradition of paranoiac agitation in American history" and your comments along with the distorted and twisted narrative of the video prove that this form of paranoiac bigotry is alive and well on ATS.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fravashi
a reply to: TrueBrit
Actually, Francis is the ONLY world leader, religious or civic, on the global stage, who is openly and publicly condemning:

1) Mafias and all organized crime
2) Weapons makers and manufacturers
3) Warmaking and all attempts to make wars
4) Usery

For that alone, I think he's an outstanding Pope. And speaking for myself, as a person who found recovery only through an organized group of individuals, I think his point about finding salvation through the church is correct.

It takes a fine mind to appreciate that merely having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is a dangerous proposition. If that were the case, all alone you could make grave errors of judgment. Indeed, it was a Protestant movement, the Oxford Group, that spoke of the necessity for witnessing with a trusted partner or group so that people were not led astray during quiet time with God .

This is a KEY ESSENTIAL of first-century Christianity, that is, Community, and one finds again and again that people find genuine and lasting healing within communities, not alone in their heads. God does speak better when two or more are gathered in his name.

Finally, John Highham described anti-Catholicism as "the most luxuriant, tenacious tradition of paranoiac agitation in American history" and your comments along with the distorted and twisted narrative of the video prove that this form of paranoiac bigotry is alive and well on ATS.

edit on 14-7-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

Mute.
edit on 14-7-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join