It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The pope condemns personal relationship with Christ

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:56 AM
a reply to: colbe

I've texted Jeff to ask him about that prophetic message and his understanding of it.

He'll probably call me back within 48 hours or so.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:58 AM
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I can only go this far down that road . . .

God's love for us is functionally AS THOUGH HE NEEDED US . . .

yet . . . HE as the GREAT "I AM" AND THE 3 IN ONE, IS ALMIGHTY GOD AND COMPLETE IN HIMSELF without need of anyone or anything else.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:00 AM

The Lord Himself is keenly aware of the degrees of humility HE has hammered into me . . . and where I may still be lacking on such scores.

Others, of course, have their own opinions . . . particularly without God's deep internal insights. LOL.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:02 AM

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Lol, you are not serious are you?
RC is not about a personal relationship with Christ

Very true, the stealth agenda behind religion is to cause people to hate God and to drive people AWAY from Him.

They have become very proficient at this.

The atrocities committed by Religion and the fact that Religion and God have NOTHING in common makes this so obvious.

This is why Religion HATES the Word.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" ~ John 1:1

Satan and his fake religions have ALWAYS been the ultimate counterfeiter.

Religion is Satan's attempt at being 'like the Most High'...

This is what got him thrown out of Heaven.

“I will ascend above the highest clouds, I will make myself like the Most High.” Isaiah 14:14

In order be LIKE the Most High, he must mimic Him but the bad fruit exposes the real agenda.

God and Religion are total opposites and enemies.

Religion is a LIE created by the father of ALL lies.

God loves people but He HATES Religion.

His enemy is behind it.

" the Old Testament, God actually calls religious people whores" ~ Jefferson Bethke

Satan's most effective method of seducing men and women to yield to his control over them is via a religious system. Satan is behind ALL false religion

Religion was manufactured long ago by men who wished to control the masses. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. When the Illuminati was formed, it was evident that religion was something that could keep the masses dumb and ignorant to what was really happening around them. Because of religion, the Illuminati has been able to work in secret for many, many years. Every major religion in the world has been infiltrated by the Illuminati. A group that calls themselves Light Feet has installed Illuminati members in every major religion of the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:02 AM

Your construction on such issues would render

Almighty God

manipulatable by us due to His love for us and his consuming "need" of it.

That's just NOT the case.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:09 AM
a reply to: BO XIAN

So proud of yourself this is a great hurdle for you contimplationis needed by you... God too has feelings he is not a program or robot... a kingdom divided upon itself can not stand so you can therefor not
be in partial agreement
that prooves you wrong about this and your odd little critter agenda of fatima so i can not help but wonder if you serve yourself or something far worse...
edit on 10-7-2014 by 5StarOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:11 AM

Oh my the humility card that slavers pull and a twisted meaning of the word. Humility has 2 meanings actually. The first and most important is, drum roll....wait for it....The Equality!

While at the same time not playing small exactly, but developing good positive self esteem and fostering this equally in all others, and turn taking, not dominating. And Dad/Mom doesn't dominate either but like Water, Nourishes and Supports all with Love and Peace and helpfulness and great patience.

The other meaning of humble of heart, or overcoming ego, referred in the bible as "coming out of egypt", egypt being the great tests to ego.

This is a natural process, ie a worldly man who spent his time and energy building an earthly kingdom, and good reputation, fitting in with the Jone's so to speak and well respected for his worldly balanced and seasoned views, suddenly has his health dissipate and loses his teeth. Others start to look down upon him and he starts to realize the folly of the opinion of others the concept of fame and fortune and good standing loses its appeal and he truly realizes he is to free himself from the trap of the material and becomes Truly Free.

But its not about subjegation, or thinking your toe jam.
edit on 10-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM

originally posted by: colbe
So, we haven't known His "ways" for 2000 years? And I thought He is God, His Word in the Gospel and in Tradition and in Prophecy are already inerrant, they do not need to be "purified."

Of course the Scripture in the original autographs--which, interestingly, we do not have--IS INERRANT.

"Tradition" is largely a pile of human presumption, ego, politics . . . garbage.

Authentic Holy Spirit led prophecy can be quite pure but so far has tended to be less than 100% pure from most sources. I believe God will be cleaning up the Christian prophetic wholesale to a 100% level. I don't know when.

The forever vague, general, NEVER anything specific of what Our Lord is returning to do and to reveal. That is the Protestant way. Why return if things are to remain the same? Please, you haven't stated what is "New", what is the "change", the "understanding of higher things", how about the "unity" of belief ahead which is repeated every day in the Protestant messages from Heaven.

I'm not convinced that my gifting and hearing are sufficiently pure to be very specific. I've missed it far too many times. I might could say . . .

--All God's kids in the END TIMES--to the degree they will at all allow and cooperate with--will be intensely devoted to God and God alone; to hearing His voice and obeying Him immediately and fully with appropriate miraculous signs following from the young to the old.

--God has lots more surprises up His much bigger sleeves for the enemy and the enemy's forces than the enemy has in store for God's kids.

--Loving, broken, humble, servant-hearted, INTRINSIC, sold-out, sacrificial, obedient, sensitive-to-His VOICE believers will do great exploits for God and His Kingdom--exploits never yet seen on the planet ever before.

--A massively powerful supernatural led and featured "revival," in-gathering of souls is scheduled for these END TIMES . . . . the manner, features and vastness of it will shock the secular world and be covered in the media. The numbers in-gathered will be staggering and unprecedented. Some of the famous individuals involved will utterly shock the public and their associates. There will be many 180 degree turn arounds of individuals never predicted to become believers ever in their associates' wildest imaginations.

--Resurrections will be common place--even after days dead.

--Loving servant-heartedness will be a hallmark of such believers doing great exploits. Yet, it will be A SUPER TENDER YET SUPER FIERCE LOVE-IN-TRUTH manifestation of the Great Shepherd's Love.

--Weather will be greatly more influenced by The Lord's prophets than by the globalists' tech and demonic manipulations of the weather.

--Lines will be drawn by The Lord's prophets which the enemy will not be allowed to or able to cross.

--There will still be many martyrs as there will be many protected from martyrdom.

--Many of the supernatural miracles at the hands of believers of all ages will be doings which no one has ever seen on earth before, ever. No one would have ever conceived of or imagined that such COULD be possible, even miraculously.

--Walking on water; food multiplication; resurrections; absent legs and arms being restored, absent eyes being restored, traveling in The Spirit instantly from one place to the next etc. will be common-place.

--evil leaders being instantly taken out in dramatic ways due to their pride and other arrogant evils against God will be interesting and sometimes soberingly humorous in the manner it's done in.

--broken and impossible-to-heal relationships will be healed in many cases.

--Humility will denote leaders far more than any acclaim of man; any political maneuvering; any seminary backgrounds, whatever. God will raise up whom He will raise up however He chooses to do it--REGARDLESS. And often, the least likely will be the most powerful in His Spirit.

== == ==

I think that's as specific as I'm up to currently.

The Catholic messages do NOT say this, they say hang on to the Faith, far worse persecution is coming, the Church is going to go through a Calvary like her founder.

Certainly God WILL have a purified people . . . through the refiner's fires. Though, also, The Blood of Jesus is what cleanses us in terms of Salvation.

I just posted an obvious message to a Protestant messenger about the Eucharist, no response.

I responded that I don't know what Jeff construed that msg to mean on such scores. That's why I texted him to ask him.

I feed on The Lord Jesus a variety of ways in my prayer life and worship and walks and talks with Him . . . sometimes even in The Lord's Supper. That's not necessarily at all the RCC construction on such issues.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM

originally posted by: colbe

I don't know how Charles will react. I just saw this.
How dare you call Our Lord's mother a "critter." Scientists, atheists there at Fatima gave testimony to the "miracle of the sun", October 13, 1917. Tell everyone how Satan
desires and has brought millions of people to Christ with the help His mother? This is the fruit of her many apparitions through 2000 years of Christianity.

These 3 books . . . EXTENSIVELY researched by quality Portuguese researchers . . . describe Fatima accurately in a list of ways.

They describe personal witness testimonies as exhaustively as any sources I've read.

They describe phenomena in the sky more accurately than virtually any other source on the topic.

They describe townspeople and their reactions and observations better than any other source on the topic.

They describe the local RCC leadership's responses and handling of the goings on better than any other source on the topic.

etc. etc. etc.

HEAVENLY LIGHTS: The Apparitions of Fatima and the UFO Phenomenon

by Joaquim Fernandes, Fina D'Armada, Andrew D Basiago & Eva M Thompson 2007 +UFO

FATIMA REVISITED: The Apparition Phenomenon in UFOlogy, Psychology and Science (Fatima Trilogy) Fatima+%2B+UFO

CELESTIAL SECRETS: The Hidden History of the Fatima Incident

The personage at Fatima was a fallen angel pretending to be Mary to the eager collusion of the RCC officials in the area.

Reading the above extensively researched books with an open mind should result in any honest person realizing the massive hoax perpetrated then and ever since regarding the events of that era and place.

Mary herself has been reported by Heavenly visitations to be greatly grieved at the role the RCC has cast her in. It is deplorable, loathesome to her.

The repeated same old misinterpretation of 2 Thess 2:11, the "GREAT DECEPTION" verse. After the prophesied "awakening", Catholics hear it called the Warning in prophecy, if you reject God's merciful showing you the Faith, your choice, He will let you go on believing the lie.

I reject all the lies of the enemy in such regards. You'd do well to do the same thing and to ask God to undoubtedly show you HIS TRUTH AND HIS TRUTH ONLY in such matters.

Jesus established the Faith, RC, Protestantism broke away. Our Lord is going to show you and me, all the world. He loves all of us, non-Christians too. The "ANY OTHER GOSPEL" Paul is talking about are the heresies of Protestantism and the early heresies.

POLITICALLY derived dogma is far from Truth . . . and certainly far from THE LORD'S TRUTH.

The RCC was established 300+ years later as a political move by a bunch of clever professional religionists. God still used the RCC on occasion in some respects. But the enemy seems to have ended up using it more.

Any other Gospel has to do with anything contrary to the 4 Gospels and Paul's, Peter's & John's writings.

INCLUDING all that's contrary WITHIN THE RCC.

edit on 10/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
a reply to: Murgatroid

Getting ready for a long overdue lunch with a very busy missionary Bro. . . . so a quick response:

Well put.

Thx Bro.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM

I also would like to inform you of Gods needs in the void as he began his creation of the universe deny this and i will know the truth of you the fact that he he has needs does not deminish him instead it magnifies his majesty...

and while im at it i may as well start a new a new argument with you and let you know he is the greatest alien of all as his kingdom is seperated from the entire universe...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:36 PM
a reply to: charles1952

HAHA what a load of childish dribble. Evidence?? There is nothing even remotely resembling evidence of a god or anything such like. And only the dumb would think otherwise.

Debating religion with the religious is a pointless exercise. Its like debating 9/11 and tower 7 with a truther. Regardless of ANYTHING you present them they will shout and cry and call you are troll etc etc...because it offends their tiny minds.

Humans that rely on the belief of god are doing humanity a disservice. We don't need falsehoods to flourish. We are equipped with everything we need. Religion is a joke. Its a problem on society and those people that follow any of the mainstream religions are no different to those people who are locked up in mental institutions for a variety of so called delusional experience.

Yourself and BO XIAN are two people who live in a world that has been formed and painted for you through pressures and the NEED to be followers. Having to follow others who believe in something WITHOUT the smallest little aspect of any truth whatsoever.

And...there has NEVER been evidence of god. NOT one thing that provides anything more than dreams and fantasy!

When the NWO is finally upon us....the worlds population will be dramatically cut!! And rightly so, sustainability is a serious problem. In order to cut that population down by over half, they will choose who?

Yep, always been planned that way....all those who worship one of the mainstream religions. And why....because why keep those who are of no use!!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:43 PM
a reply to: Murgatroid

That's quite a freaky link you have there.

There's so much smoke and mirrors at the upper levels . . . and so many 'leakers' and their narratives say so many different things . . .

God alone knows precisely what will be, how, ran by which evil bustards etc.

I still am quite skeptical about Billy Graham. I have a loved one with access to him and it just doesn't ring so true, to me.

Certainly the oligarchy is evil and hell bent on the one world government and one world religion as Revelation and other Biblical passages outline.

I have long felt that the RCC had to play a role somehow.

Either they had to destroy the RCC . . . highly unlikely and enormously difficult.

They had to co-opt and control it. That's far more their style and manner and far more doable. I just didn't realize how many centuries back they began that control and manipulation. LOL. Sigh.

I still hoped against hope that I was wrong about all that.

Pronouncements like Pope Frances made in the OP are merely affirmations, to me that the institution is the god for most such and certainly is a tool of the oligarchy.

A RELATIONSHIP with God is the only hope any individual has against such evil.

Thankfully the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob IS REAL, IS LOVE, IS ABLE, AND KEEPS HIS PROMISES.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:21 PM
a reply to: projectbane

It sounds like you are slated for some incredible surprises.

I don't envy you.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:25 PM
Lets hope he picks up the ball before a bullet zings by his head ,it sure aided ME in belief,mostly because I am STILL alive.
I SWEAR I thought I would croak before 30,headbanger,scout ,it should have worked.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:22 PM

There is so much misunderstanding here. No wonder people are having a difficult time speaking to each other. It's as if one side was talking about forest fires in French, and the other was talking about stars in Swahili.

I hope I'm not repetitive, but I agree with you that an "interior life" with God, through Jesus and the Holy Spirit is essential. Anyone who merely goes through motions, any motions, without attempting to grow closer to God is treading a very treacherous path.

Interior prayer and meditation, a search for solitude in order to avoid distractions from God, and, in some cases, suffering for God's glory, are all praiseworthy and admirable. St. Theresa, St. John of the Cross, and hundreds of others have explored this intimacy with the Lord to a much deeper degree than I ever have even come close to.

I'm a huge fan of St. John of the Cross, and the Desert Fathers (as I have mentioned). Their sanctity and fidelity is stunning to me.

It seems to me that, here in the most basic areas, we are in full agreement. I rejoice in that.

If we disagree anywhere, it is in the role of the Church. Catholics agree, quite willingly, that there were times in the Church's history when it was led by men who became extraordinarily corrupt. No, I don't think that has been the case for many, many years. It is, however, a judgment call and people may honestly differ.

In my own case, I started in the Church. I recall being an altar boy at the Kennedy Memorial Mass in 1963 (in Minneapolis, MN). It was a very long Mass, and I tipped over in a faint. After that I spent perhaps a couple of decades in and out of various denominations and groups (including some of which I believe you would have approved).

For me, the Catholic Church has been a blessing. I suppose it makes little sense to praise it here, but I would like to point out the richness that 2000 years brings. If it's "good," I can find it there. The greatest music in history was written for it, you can also find an occasional "Polka Mass." You can be active in the community, or more introverted. You can pray after any fashion you choose. And it's art and architecture are beyond compare. It's scientists have been the founders of several areas of science, and some of it's most respected men.

But for both of us, the only question is "Can the Church assist us to draw closer to Jesus?" I think yes, you think no. I'm not upset about your choice, let's just keep walking toward Him. That's enough for now.

With respect,

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:40 PM

Wise words.

Always a blessing to read what you write.

So many of the posts on this thread are as you asserted . . . my version . . . Swahili about whale snot vs German about fairy dust. LOL.

I understand about finding good things in your chosen tradition. I wouldn't want to deny those. PTL for that.

BTW, I would agree that some segments of most remotely healthy congregations and even denominations--including the RCC . . . can be of value in helping folks draw close to The Lord.

It's just that usually, the same edifice--of every flavor--also includes many dastardly and destructive forces and pressures.

WHEN we keep our eyes on The Lord, the error stuff more easily falls by the wayside.

edit on 10/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:57 PM
a reply to: colbe

Dear colbe,

As you wondered what my reaction to some of BO XIAN's comments would be, I offer them to you, and indirectly to him.

It is a sad, human, yet damnable thing for people who describe themselves as Christians to publicly attack others who are described as Christians.

My reaction to BO XIAN's comments on Fatima (which are probably the same as his comments on Lourdes or Tepeyac Hill), is that he is feels very strongly about this, and his making his strength of feeling known.

He has his attention focused on God which is a good thing, and something I'm happy to see. There are some things he and I can agree about. I do wonder who his spiritual allies are, though?

Three quarters of the world's Christians are Catholic, and there are more Catholics than Muslims. I know that the sheer number of followers doesn't prove the accuracy of the teachings, but it certainly shows amazing staying power. If it has been corrupt from the start, you'd think it would be almost in ruins, but it's not.

I have never been able to get past Matthew 16. In Young's Literal Translation (from the Greek), which is not recognized as a Catholic Bible, we find the massive, frightening words:

He saith to them, ‘And ye — who do ye say me to be?’ and Simon Peter answering said, ‘Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.’ And Jesus answering said to him, ‘Happy art thou, Simon Bar-Jona, because flesh and blood did not reveal [it] to thee, but my Father who is in the heavens. ‘And I also say to thee, that thou art a rock, and upon this rock I will build my assembly, and gates of Hades shall not prevail against it; and I will give to thee the keys of the reign of the heavens, and whatever thou mayest bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever thou mayest loose upon the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens.’

I think, perhaps, we should put Matthew 18:15 in our thoughts. You know it.

‘And if thy brother may sin against thee, go and show him his fault between thee and him alone, if he may hear thee, thou didst gain thy brother;

With respect,

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:50 AM
a reply to: interupt42

I agree with you...if I survived cancer and someone came up to me after that ordeal and they said "god looked out for you" I would punch them in their stupid face.

Yeah it was god.....nothing to do with the actual medical care I was receiving after paying extortionate insurance premiums for this very damn scenario.

Religious people are so self righteous, always judging, criticizing and commenting on things that are 1) non of their business and 2) nothing they even understand.

IF there is a god (that "if" is just to make my point) he must hate those who worship him!! He must be sitting wherever he is sitting and saying "how come I get these losers representing me?"

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:23 AM

My reaction to BO XIAN's comments on Fatima (which are probably the same as his comments on Lourdes or Tepeyac Hill), is that he is feels very strongly about this, and his making his strength of feeling known.

I have not investigated Lourdes or Tepeyac Hill . . . though I've read a bit of those who have. I have not formed an opinion of them, actually.

I lived a lot of years ASSUMING that Faitma was as the RCC held it out to be.

Yet, there was always a kind of . . . nagging sort of 'catch' in my spirit about it--one I mostly ignored.

Finally, the more I read of it, the more it SOUNDED TO ME LIKE a UFO event.

Then I found the books I listed above. They are exhaustively researched by objective solid researchers. I found them extremely convincing intellectually and logically. And my spirit affirmed a resonance with them as truth.

I don't think staying power is NECESSARILY related to truth, much at all.

Movements, political forces, groups etc. develop their own inertia, momentum, reasons for existing and continuing to exist--often quite independent of their original foundations or purported foundations. They become saturated, infected with special interests that have a VERY VESTED INTEREST in their perpetuation as an institution.

I see both you and colbe as authentic Christian believers. I have a bit more concern for colbe because he/she sounds more 'sold out' to the RCC institution.

Nevertheless, I'm praying and trusting that when the chips are down and it is abundantly evident that all human RELIGIOUS STRUTURES--particularly of any significant age--have been co-opted, corrupted by the evil afoot in the world--that even colbe will be led of Holy Spirit into a safe truth-walk with THE LORD alone, if necessary, at that time.

I have more confidence that you will as I think your sensitivity, discernment, flexibility of reason, intellectual understanding and general perceptiveness will be more easily guided by Holy Spirit into safety in such matters.

I wish I could say that there's a chance I'm wrong and you're right on such scores. I'd feel a LOT MORE COMFORTABLE if that were true. Sadly, I just cannot see it as true, given all my research.

And, I seriously do not see that perspective as one resulting from bias because I really "did not have a dog in that fight." I was merely interested in what was true . . . particularly as it related to the END TIMES and Biblical prophecy etc.

My association for 2 years with the Mary Knoll sister in China was a very sweet time for me. I gained a new respect from her for many of the features of her RCC context.

Nevertheless, as GOD has FORCED ME to face in my own Pentecostal congregations and experiences . . . ROT IS STILL ROT. And it must be faced and dealt with and related to AS HOLY SPIRIT DIRECTS . . . REGARDLESS OF WHERE IT'S FOUND.

That was a very hard lesson for me. Given my degree of attachment disorder, church, congregations, those relationships were the pseudo-FAMILY I never felt I emotionally had. And to have to face the UTTER ROT with sooner or later all of them--was a real wrenching, torturous experience and process.

I wouldn't wish the desert experiences He's led me through on anyone. And, I'm thankful that many people don't seem to be led through such--at least not such intense and long term ones. Nevertheless, WHEN HE leads one out the other side, there is a greatly stronger RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM that is worth it all.

Some of your historical "saints" know of what I speak.

I think Madame Guyon had such a perspective.

Anyway--Dear Brother, I appreciate your added comments as . . . troublesome as they may be to you. Folks of strong spiritual walks and character must face the difficult issues. Our Lord, our integrity, our walk with God requires it.

All of us "see through the glass darkly."

God alone is worthy our total devotion and trust.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>