It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Californians ... Turning In Their Neighbors !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

You don't seem to have a clear picture of what is going on or how things work. We aren't in an El Nino haven't been for quite sometime, not La Nina either... we've been ENSO neutral for quite sometime. El Nino tends to be warm and wet with high winds, though it does pull moisture away from some areas, La Nina dry and cold. It is likely that fall 2014 there will be a strong El Nino.

That aside, with current conditions... California has two years of water left, that's it. That's partial due each to human stupidity, weather, and climate change. I generally don't like to appeal to authority but if I have no funds to get my ass out of an area that has two years of water left and rational discussion doesn't work, I might be inclined to report a neighbor who thinks they are entitled to a luscious lawn in the middle of an extreme drought.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Maybe investment in companies that make desalinization plants would be a good idea.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar
The Media is not has nothing to do with the H20 shortage, and there is no "Hype". It is clear when you see our lakes and water reservoirs. We also have high fire danger.

I called on my neighbor, because DAILY he was wasting tons of water, it was just running down our street, for almost an hour a day, and again this was every day. My next door neighbor tried talking to this dip $%^& about it, and he was like "F U I will do whatever I want. Heh, a couple of days later he got in trouble.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
but the point is, will your grand kids have the same luxury......
a reply to: 3u40r15m

If they actually apply the solutions we already have, there is abundant water. The solutions exist to produce the amount of cheap energy it takes to desalinate and to detoxify the oceans. Inner earth has amply more ocean than the surface, and some might understand all these chemistry creations come in via the sun, the sun is the alchemist and we receive here. Nonetheless, the energy it takes needs to be cheaper than fossil fuels.

Simply put floating factories or off shore, with wind/tide would do all that is needed, in fact get rid of the archaic and highly dangerous nuclear as well.

Not to mention H20 cells.

We have the technology,energy and water in abundance.

Apply it.

Wait, oh you mean problem solved but criminal leadership? Gotcha!

Time to speak up with bullhorns if necessary until their ears explode. (metaphor only!)
edit on 5-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

Yet they're still building, which is stupid.-
OPINION:

ALL Air-Evaporative-Cooling-Systems should be REPLACED with Closed-In-Underground-Cooling-Systems.

(i.e. stop throwing away water ... into the air )

I live in a RV and i will keep using my swamp cooler.
my RV has two AC units on the roof but to run them cost me over $100 a month more then the swamp coolers.

I have worked on and installed underground cooling systems and they do not work in the desert unless you plant and water a green lawn over them as our ground temp at over two foot down is over 70 degrees
ground temps in the mines out here over 300 feet down are still at 70 degrees.

Plus i don't think the owners of the RV park would like me digging up the place

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
Warka Water Towers

Perhaps a few million of those would be beneficial.

Some specs would be helpful. The literature for this device is sadly, lacking in the information department. They claim that they can build one for about $500 and teach the villagers to build them so they can teach other villages to build them - yet, there is zero information on the specific properties of the mesh or the shape.

It wouldn't be hard to build one, but if the specific shape is important (as they claim it to be) - then guessing the specifics would lead to a reduced harvest capacity. Additionally, knowing the properties of the mesh will be important.

Personally, I'd build a few of these at my house. It looks like modern art.
edit on 5-7-2014 by stutteringp0et because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

That's what happens when you put MILLIONS of people into an ecological desert that has a natural carrying capacity of 200 Indians, and every idjet one of them wants to water their lawn.
edit on 5-7-2014 by urmenimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This is just the beginning. It's only going to accelerate.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There is a CAR WASH on every corner here in SoCal, and until I see them placing restrictions on THESE---How can I take this seriously?

Every highway median, every hotel & resort landscape, every yard, every orchard and every farm, all the green growth here in SoCal relies on irrigation (yet they tell me NOT to water my freaking lawn???)...this is a desert.

God didn't want humans here in the first place, that's why it never rains

SoCal----It was doomed from the start.
edit on 2014612014u31 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Hard to feel sorry for people who choose to build in swamps (ie NO,LA), deserts, where the ground is unstable, where wildfires are a real risk, etc. I'm all for being intrepid, but don't complain when your intrepidness leaves you feeling thirsty. Live in the desert and know what you're doing and know there's risks or find another place to live. The lack of water in the desert is fairly common knowledge. Oh and don't plant huge lawns and gardens there that will use up all of your water.

I know it's an odd way of looking at this situation, but really, how else can we look at it? In the end, this will cost us all a lot of money to fix. Why should someone's desire to live where the conditions aren't ideally suited for that, cost me or anyone else with the sense to not do what is requiring a big fix?

There used to be enough water in the desert. I grew up out west and lived in the middle of it. What's happening is the water sources are tapped out, there's now too many people trying to live off of them. A desert doesn't mean no water but it does mean less water. Lake Tahoe, Colorado River, underground aquifers, these sources can only supply water to so many residents and we've gone past that as populations have increased. There's only two solutions at this point... either start forcing people to move east to areas with more water or start building desalination plants along with thorium nuclear reactors to power them.

Fresh water is a major issue in the 21st century, it's going to start with the desert areas but before long every area is going to be faced with this problem.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
Phoenix has been in a drought since I can remember were a desert remember. Same with Vegas. Trust me if they cut off the water to Phoenix me and my Homies will blow the dams at Roosevelt lake and Canyon Lake and let the salt river flow though Phoenix like it is supposed to.

You don't get it, do you? The water flow to Vegas and Phoenix is depleting year after year. Did you know that along the Mexican coast where the Colorado River empties into the Pacific that it used to be a lush oasis? Today it's a desert wasteland, the river barely even reaches the shore anymore... ALL of the water is taken. Just 20 years ago it used to routinely be in danger of flooding. Water usage has been increasing exponentially, every single municipality is to blame.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think that the Southwest may be in the opening rounds of one of those periodic multi-decadal droughts that happen in the region like the one that took out the Anasazi. If that's the case, things won't be getting better out there for a while, and they're making it worse with all the people out there and the severe depletion of the water table. At this rate, even if the region recovers, it may never really recover.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I hate to rain on your El Nino ... but Peru says the El Nino threat is over.

Temperatures in Peru's Pacific peaked in June, rising 3 degrees Celsius (5.4 Fahrenheit) above average levels, but have since retreated and will likely return to normal by August, the state committee that studies El Nino said.

"The possibility of us seeing an extraordinary Nino is ruled out," said German Vasquez, the head of the committee.

And since the higher temp waters chase away the anchovy, one of Peru's leading fisheries, they ought to know. They pay close attention to things like that. And the water off the coast of Peru becomes the water off the coast of Cali. It looks like the strong El Nino predicted for this fall may not materialize although we will likely get some kind of El Nino for a time, but no super El Nino. I really wish they would stop predicting these; they're like a broken record. At least this year we actually have an El Nino.

edit on 6-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
I called on my neighbor, because DAILY he was wasting tons of water, it was just running down our street, for almost an hour a day, and again this was every day. My next door neighbor tried talking to this dip $%^& about it, and he was like "F U I will do whatever I want. Heh, a couple of days later he got in trouble.

I'm curious, what's the phone number?

1-800-NANNYSTATE ?

Good for him he isn't jewish and this isn't 1939 Germany....yet
edit on 7-7-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
Phoenix has been in a drought since I can remember were a desert remember. Same with Vegas. Trust me if they cut off the water to Phoenix me and my Homies will blow the dams at Roosevelt lake and Canyon Lake and let the salt river flow though Phoenix like it is supposed to.

You and your homies are going to blow the dam? I wouldn't advertise that online if I were you.

I get this picture in my mind of 10 Cholo eco-terrorists out with cellphone cameras for flashlights but can barely see anyway with the bandanas so low over their eyes running away from a bomb, slowly because their pants are so low.

I know that is bigotry at it's finest, but I only mean it in jest. Please don't take offense.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: FarleyWayne
NOTE: 1,700,000 Gallons of Water per Day equates to enough water for over 17,000 people per day.

A third of water is used for cooling and is returned the river, it is not permanently consumed.

earth is a closed system, as far as water...it's just getting it distributed, that's the problem...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

An hour a day? Shoot you should have called the F.B.I.

Personally if I called the cops on my neighbor for running his hose an hour a day I would be too embarrassed to admit it. Then again I have never experienced this, Nebraska has plenty of water.

Out of curiosity what was his punishment?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: odd1out
There is a car wash on every corner here in So Cal, but they are eco friendly, sheesh. This is why they do not want us to wash our cars at home right now.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

It is not a "Nanny State" We are in the worst drought in decades. People have no Business throwing water away. The water was just running down the street every day for an hour, after many warnings about needing to conserve water right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join