2 men accused of setting off soda bottle bombs at movie theaters indicted in Maryland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No, it was a prank that caused severe monetary loss and had the potential to result in serious injury or death.

Have you ever seen what happens when people stampede out of or into a building? People can die, it happens at Walmart almost every year on Black Friday. It's not a joke.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Why are claiming that it was mentos and coke? It was obviously explosive in nature, which mentos and coke really isn't. It fizzes. I am sure if you contain it, it might pop the top off a bottle, but it isn't going to "explode".

Now, aluminum foil and drain cleaner (especially the crystallized drain cleaner...if you know what you are doing) can be VERY explosive and has the ability to kill and maim. Have a go at it, then get back to me. My younger brother and I used to do that very thing (and far worse) for giggles when we were kids. BUT, we were out in the middle of nowhere and the worst that ever happened was some holes in the ground and one incident where we about set the entire damned forested area around us on fire. Luckily we got that one under control quick, or our asses would have been TOAST when we got home

I would assume they are being held without bail because this could be considered "attempted murder"...prank be damned.
I would also assume the actual "devices" are being analyzed in whatever way an already exploded "device" can be. They are probably checking to see if what I said in my first comment on page 1 of this thread was the case here. If they taped bb's to the bottle (dropping them in sometimes screws up the chemical reaction especially when using draino crystals and not the liquid type) then that makes it essentially a grenade. Tiny pieces of shrapnel fly everywhere....again, I know this to be FACT. Been there, done that. Strapped steel bbs to one and set it off near an old lava lamp (within 20 ft or so) just to see what would happen. The lamp was blasted apart by flying shrapnel and my brother and I were nearly hit. We were standing behind a tree, tucked down, and could hear the bbs flying by us and hitting the tree. We never pulled that stupid stunt again and are damn lucky we didn't get hurt or killed.

Not sure why there are those in this thread that think this was ok or was just some "silly prank".
As others have said, when a "prank" moves out of the friend or personal zone and into the unaware public....it, at times, isn't so funny any longer. Especially something of this nature.

Oh...and you do realize the foil creates shrapnel as well, right?

Me thinks some here (not just the one I replied to here) don't understand what this particular "device" can do, and how simple it is to make. Me also thinks some need to goggle this to find out.....though, goggling that type of thing, it might just get you put on some "list" somewhere.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
originally posted by: Metallicus
Prince George's County prosecutors said Tuesday that 20-year-old Manuel Joyner-Bell and 23-year-old Michael Hollingsworth were indicted on charges including possession of a destructive device, assault, and reckless endangerment

Both were arrested after a May explosion at the Magic Johnson Theater in Largo.

Magic Johnson Theater!??!

The county prosecutor forgot to add hate crime charges! It's obvious these white supremacists targeted this theater because of its namesake
edit on 7-7-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-7-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join