It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Light In Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
So, I work graveyards in CA out in the boonies. I can see just about everything in the sky, a great view. I'm use to watching planes, satellites and meteors going by. At about 12am (Pacific), I started watching a usual plane flying over, or so I thought. Every plane I see has a steady flash of red white and blue. This had a single pale-green flash that was not regular in its timing. So. I thout maybe a satellite catching quick reflections of the sun. It seemed to be moving slower than satellites usually do. It was directly overhead heading north to south and then turned west heading out to the ocean. I kept watching it and it suddenly streaked across the sky like a meteor, leaving a bright green trail that quickly disappeared. It then returned to flashing. I looked up the satellite tracker and it did not show anything in the area. Any ideas? Maybe space debrit bouncing off the atmosphere?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Joki42

Sounds like a real, legit ufo to me!

edit on 7/5/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

heading north to south and then turned west heading out to the ocean

Considering your familiarity with sky watching and satellites, tracking on those bearings would indicate a piloted vehicle, either on board or remote. Beyond that who knows ?

Maybe it was Cloverfield checking out a splashdown site

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Did you see like an outline of a plane/ship? Or just a light?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Just a light. It was bright and seemed high altitude.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
yes most likely something skipping thought the upper atmosphere, a trail of light for example from vehicles you,ll only see in movies or in slow exposure photos like some hoaxed photos show

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The light was probably much closer than what you perceived at the the time of the sighting. Probably only a couple of hundred feet above you, possibly much less. It sounds like a small green orb, the way it flashed in a non regular pattern speaks green type orb, also the change in movement. The streak it left is a bit of a puzzler

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Certainly sounds unusual. How long did you watch it for?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

There are mane reference points around; tall trees, foot hills and low mountain ranges that are up to 8,000 feet. This was definitely high altitude, either high airplane level or low satellite altitude.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Emache

I didn' t think to look at my watch, but probably under around 5 minutes.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
After a bit of browsing, looks like this kind of sighting has been reported elsewhere:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems fairly similar to what you saw, apart from the streaking across the sky.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Emache

Hmm. Very intriguing. Could be the same thing. After I posted I noticed two jets flying in that area in formation. They were too far away to tell what kind they were but one was going at a relative speed and the other overtook it and left its dust. Didn't think it all that relative until I read that post. Thanks for the info. I'm going to be keeping an eye open.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Actually.. the streak you saw it leave was prolly the air corridor collapsing behind the aircraft as it kicked in the engines. its a very cool thing i hear. Although i suggest not digging too deep unless you want to get flagged by the NSA

new topics

top topics

join