It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Nevada! (Sorry, nowhere near Area 51)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My name is Kristen. I'm a left handed author in the making from Nevada who suffers from a sarcastic temperament.

I have an avid enthusiasm for mythology and folklore, along with a keen interest in the paranormal and metaphysical avenues of life - that stems from experience - which is what initially led me to ATS.
As a naïve child and on through my teenage years I quickly learned that as I ventured to share my supernatural occurrences with others, the topic was generally not met with grace or an open mind. Because of this I've become cautious and reserved with my experiences and beliefs.

Now, after almost a decade of only having conversations with my mother (who has experienced similar moments throughout her life - which I will attempt to keep discreet for her privacy), I've discovered the family of ATS, which appears a perfect community to partake in the many discussions which interest me.

So hello to you all!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: daughterofthestars

Welcome aboard! I look forward to hearing about your experiences (assuming you share them). I've had a couple paranormal experiences of my own as well. Send some of that Nevada heat my way.

Love that hair in the avatar btw.
Hope I don't come off as a weirdo for adding that lol.
edit on 5-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: edited

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Let me give you your first flag! Welcome to ATS. It sounds like you will fit right in with the rest of us here.
Make yourself at home and I hope to see you around the boards!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I will most assuredly share some of them! I wouldn't assume that everyone will relate or take an interest in them, but it will be refreshing to have a positive sounding board for a change. Have you shared any of your experiences yet?

I shall gladly send some if you'll trade me for some rain!

No compliment is considered weird to an Aries lol. Thank you for it haha.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thank you for the warm welcome and for the flag!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: daughterofthestars
I ventured to share my supernatural occurrences

Nevadan neighbor here who also has had several supernatural experiences in my life.

originally posted by: daughterofthestars
the topic was generally not met with grace or an open mind.

I've gotten plenty of strange looks as well

Welcome to ATS. Enjoy the ride

edit on 5-7-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: daughterofthestars
Hi and welcome. I am not left handed, not an author and not from Nevada so we have nothing in common.... apart from an "avid enthusiasm for mythology and folklore, along with a keen interest in the paranormal and metaphysical avenues of life".

So I like you a lot already! Once again a very big welcome. I am pretty new here myself but in the short time I have been around I have discovered enough grace and open mindedness amongst members here to think this is the right place for sharing some of your experiences.

Mura

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Welcome to ats .. you will fit in perfect around here ..
Would send you a bunch of rain getting alot out here in the boonies busy fixing leaky roof at present between downpours ..

You will find all sorts of strange .. interesting and unusual things here poking around the dusty sublevels ..just dont look under the beds or open the icebox thats where the truly scary things lurk and theyve been known to eat unsuspecting people at times ..

The rest should be along shortly with your doorprizes and survival kit ..

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I grew up in Nevada. I intend to go back after I'm done with my active duty contract.

Grew up in Vegas, but I prefer the high desert of Reno.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well hello there

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hello! I'm new here too, and also a leftie. Looking forward to reading your experiences.

top topics

join