It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilean Government Agency Releases UFO Images

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gguyx
Nowhere in the report on the CEFAA site does it mention that the photos were taken from inside a vehicle or building.

No. And they didn't bother to find out. Not much of a report, is it? They say that the witnesses claim it was taken outside but make no effort to verify that or identify the exact location.

This is a working strip mine, they are at work, outside, they are not going to take an hour or more to take pictures on the boss's dime. That takes care of the duration the photos were taken.

Except that they claim to have been watching it for between one and two hours. If they were watching for that long, why not take photos?

So, one of them had a camera and being in a dusty, strip mine environment, it had some crud on the lens. That explains the dark blobs on the photos.

Agreed.

The photos show the background, i. e.; the context of the photos, which is de rigueur when taking shots of UAP.

Which allowed another poster to pinpoint the location. It is on a vehicle track in a dump area some distance from the main mine site, which to my mind makes it pretty likely the photos were taken from a vehicle.

Object exhibits self-illumination quite evident on the bottom of the object even though the sun is almost directly overhead.

No, that is exactly what you would see if an object being lit from above was reflected in the windscreen: it would appear to be lit from below. Why reach for extraordinary conclusions when the simple one fits?

Object is not a reflection from being taken indoors or in a vehicle else that datum would be known.

Why would it be known if the photo was taken in a vehicle but not known if it was taken outside? We don't know one way or the other but we do know it was taken from a vehicle track in an area you would have to reach by vehicle.

It's a bright, self-illuminated disk shape that appears to be solid, that makes vertical and horizontal maneuvers while hovering soundlessly for more than an hour above a strip mine in a cloudless, very clear sky at 14,000 ft. altitude.

That's a hell of a lot of conclusions from four still photos!
Self-illuminated? No, see above.
Solid? No, it appears to be translucent, like a reflection.
Vertical and horizontal manoeuvres? No evidence for that. All I see is a reflection that has moved. How do you account for the changed shape?
Soundless? How can you tell from a photo? And even if so, reflections don't make much noise.
More than an hour? Again, what is the evidence? The photos span a period of three minutes.

As far as UFO photos go these are total garbage. Anyone who takes ufology seriously should be embarrassed by stuff like this.
edit on 16-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
agreed they appear to be standing out in the open taking the pics...but looks can be misleading...still a good pic and find GO CHILIEa reply to: Nikola014

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perhaps
On this occasion, it appears lens anomalies are going to be favorable here.

Note, in pink, the highlighted spheres (more than likely lens anomalie

This strongly suggests that the photographer was panning left-to-right or right-to-left following an object which gives every impression to be moving - note the position of the object relevant to other features when comparing the two images.

yes, the image in the sky appears to moving in an arc...and sort of away from the camera witness...
(from a almost horizontal profile) to a ( bottom of the object perspective) as it arcs away & downward from witness

? perhaps an aluminum disk that was launched in a similar manner that clay pigeons are flung in skeet shooting ?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
this will be my final contribution...

go look at the still shots

the camera operator did not target the UFO itself.... but the camera was aimed so that the UFO was located in the top 1/4 of the picture.... making sure that 3/4 of the picture was focused on the horizon, the bone-yard of pipes etc. (presumably, for the reference points data)

it all just reeks of being a 'staged' UFO photo capture...

would You aim your camera at the UFO or be content taking a panorama shot of the immediate scene with the UFO being positioned in the top 1/4 of the photo ...in the blue sky
the picture taker must have been extremely confident that the UFO would be in the EDGE of the photo...

Again, this reeks of being a 'Staged' UFO photo capture
edit on rd31140614413123352014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join