It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilean Government Agency Releases UFO Images

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This is a great find and definitely worthy of a star and a flag.

I've looked at the photos again and again, and the more I look that them the less doubt I have. I've tried to find any inconsistencies with the light source (i.e shadows, sun position) or any blatant sign of doctoring, but I lack the expertise to be certain.

If only the witnesses were encouraged to share their experiences.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I've looked at the photos again and again, and the more I look that them the less doubt I have. I've tried to find any inconsistencies with the light source (i.e shadows, sun position) or any blatant sign of doctoring, but I lack the expertise to be certain.

Well, us say the fact the the bright "reflection" appears to be on the underside is a pretty odd one!

It just doesn't look solid to me. Lens flare or reflection seems likely: I've seen countless photos with similar things.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Chile's gov has always been cool about ufo's....awhile back I think they released some files...Ill try to find the thread and link it here.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I always enjoy your replies and most of the time agree with your common sense. I would almost agree on this one here also, as being reflections, if it wasn't for this:

witnessed by 4 technicians

Witnesses that are staying put in fear of repercussions or so they say.

It certainly is a possibility that they know that it was reflected off a window and then it's clearly a hoax...

But unless they come forward, for me, this is a fence sitting case.

S&F Sublimecraft for a breath of fresh air in the UFO Forum !!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
question:

Would a reflection share the same traits as this pic already shown that makes the object appear solid? Is this possible, I know virtually nothing about photographic analysis.

Due to the fact that a government agency studied this and found it to be a legit entity in the sky I personally doubt that it's a reflection.

*edit, apparently it's heat coming off the object. Is that possible when taking a picture of a reflection?
edit on 5-7-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Interesting if you google UFO seen over mine there are many.

This one is the same shape.

CIA FILE: Flying Saucers Chased Over Congo Uranium Mines by Pilot

alien-ufo-research.com...

Disc-shaped object appears in photo in Alagamar, Brazil
Date: November 26, 2006

Description: Photo taken by Roberto Di Sena, former military. He described taken the photo anytime between 08h30 and 10h00 a.m. local time, on November 26, 2006, in a location called Alagamar, periphery of the city of Natal, state of Rio Grande no Norte, Brazil. Di Sena did not observe anything unusual in the sky and took several pictures at random.

www.ufoevidence.org...
edit on 5-7-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perhaps
On this occasion, it appears lens anomalies are going to be favorable here.

Note, in pink, the highlighted spheres (more than likely lens anomalies), and the perspective of the highlighted ellipse shapes that the end-pipes create and their surrounding features.

Now in the next image, without knowing in which order they were taken, the spheres remain proportionately left of centre, while the ellipses and surrounding features change marginally.

This strongly suggests that the photographer was panning left-to-right or right-to-left following an object which gives every impression to be moving - note the position of the object relevant to other features when comparing the two images.

Is that a pyramid to the right of that shipping container ????

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If it looks like a UFO and sounds like a UFO it probably is a UFO. But now we know we have the technology to mimic flying saucers so who is actually piloting this is something else entirely.

Also the fact the Chilean Gov. released this is pretty cool. I would guess its either because they are on the disclosure forefront, or they have no idea what this is (which i find hard to believe because they are a world power and im sure kept in the loop to some degree) I conclude with they are inching towards disclosure and probably not censoring information like this as heavily.

S & F

Thanks for posting.

* It does look like a pyramid.
edit on 5-7-2014 by Onion88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
These are some great photographs. I did a little playing around in photoshop with the second image and the rays of light coming off the object are quite convincing. It would be very difficult to photoshop that kind of effect. It's certainly not undoable, but they look very natural. I fancy myself a photoshop wizard, but I have no qualifications to claim expert status. I can't find evidence of manipulation, so I'm very much so on the fence with this case.

I wish those 4 witnesses would speak up.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
We must be very skeptical of things ANY government tells us. They may simply just be testing people's reactions to prepare for fake disclosure, or even a fake event that could be used to further take our rights (to put it lightly).

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fotsyfots

originally posted by: Perhaps
On this occasion, it appears lens anomalies are going to be favorable here.

Note, in pink, the highlighted spheres (more than likely lens anomalies), and the perspective of the highlighted ellipse shapes that the end-pipes create and their surrounding features.

Now in the next image, without knowing in which order they were taken, the spheres remain proportionately left of centre, while the ellipses and surrounding features change marginally.

This strongly suggests that the photographer was panning left-to-right or right-to-left following an object which gives every impression to be moving - note the position of the object relevant to other features when comparing the two images.

Is that a pyramid to the right of that shipping container ????

An extinct volcano. This is the Andes.

edit on 5-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm surprised I don't see more naysayers on this thread.... Could that be evidence of its legitimacy?

Where are all the photo geeks claiming bird, bugs, lens flare? Very seemingly legit photos here. I hope this thread gets more attention.

S&F

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Here's some handy translations for your pictures:

Objeto a analizar= Object to be analyzed/investigated.

Pic 2: area de reflejo o luminosidad propia= area of reflection or it's own luminosity

Pic 4: Anillo luminoso= glowing/luminous ring
Semi esfera muy luminosa= very luminous/glowing half-sphere
lineas de destellos muy tenues= faint flashing lines

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I will give this one some credit for now, while it would be nice if they could give a full version (original copy upload) of the pic so others can also analyse it, I dont see that happening.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
I'm surprised I don't see more naysayers on this thread.... Could that be evidence of its legitimacy?

Where are all the photo geeks claiming bird, bugs, lens flare? Very seemingly legit photos here. I hope this thread gets more attention.

S&F

Well I certainly don't see anything that looks solid. It has all the hallmarks of a reflection on a window - yellow colour, lack of any distance hazing, evidence of streaking/blooming, inconsistent shape.

Would be nice to see the original photos without the annotations though.

By the way, these photos have been up on YouTube for a year, along with two others ostensibly of the same "object":

Sure looks like reflections on rather dirty glass to me. You can see the out of focus black blobs.
edit on 5-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Shiloh7

Interesting if you google UFO seen over mine there are many.

This one is the same shape.

CIA FILE: Flying Saucers Chased Over Congo Uranium Mines by Pilot

alien-ufo-research.com...

Disc-shaped object appears in photo in Alagamar, Brazil
Date: November 26, 2006

Description: Photo taken by Roberto Di Sena, former military. He described taken the photo anytime between 08h30 and 10h00 a.m. local time, on November 26, 2006, in a location called Alagamar, periphery of the city of Natal, state of Rio Grande no Norte, Brazil. Di Sena did not observe anything unusual in the sky and took several pictures at random.

www.ufoevidence.org...

That's a great pic, but it's always a little odd when people take photos seemingly at random and just so happen to capture a really great image of a UFO.

Would love to hear more from the 4 witnesses; quite a bit relies on what they actually saw.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ThisIsMyRifle

Thank you for the translation.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555
At first I was thinking that was someone taking a picture of the sun, and the sensor messing up. Then I took a gander below and noticed the direction of the shadows lol. Nice addition.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The glow looks very much like the reflection of a pop-up DSLR camera flash reflected in the window the picture was taken through.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlightlyAbovePar

The glow looks very much like the reflection of a pop-up DSLR camera flash reflected in the window the picture was taken through.

Yes, this is an obvious reflection. I can't believe anybody would look at that picture and not see it.

The ones under discussion are less obvious, but certainly look like reflections of interior lights to me. I think I could duplicate them pretty well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join