U.S. Seen as Biggest Oil Producer After Overtaking Saudi Arabia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

By economic system, I meant something other than capitalism. It will never be clearer how capitalism not only leads to inherent crises of overconsumption, but that capitalists will be massively exploiting the future energy crisis. Those who control fuel commodities will inherently want the working class to treat fuel as their primary sustenance, to spend their paycheques on fuel to work towards the fuel industry, producing more fuel. It's already happening in Alberta where the oil sands and service industries are virtually their entire economic base.

The fuel crisis will change everything about economic geography. The automobile led to roads, highways and parking lots. What will happen to this infrastructure and the design of urban areas when people can no longer drive vehicles?

Yes, you are right that progressive technology and post-modern urban development can be more efficient. But to make it efficient overall, is a huge prospect. It needs to be taken seriously now, but it isn't. It would mean the decline or stagnation for industries like oil and automotive.

Electric cars are tricky too, because they require a lot of rare earth minerals that are declining at the same rate as oil in their extraction and overproduction. China owns a vast monopoly on some of these essential minerals and have been strategically creating a monopoly over the future electric car market.

For the USA to survive as it is, it must accept two things: diplomacy over aggression in its foreign policy, and extensive austerity measures that will benefit resource-rich countries like Venezuela, Russia, China, Canada, etc. When the USA really starts to feel the pressure from lack of resources for industry, it would also be hard to threaten military action against anyone when the logistics just aren't feasible. Other countries may just jump on the chance to subordinate the USA down a few notches, especially in terms of economic sanctions.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Like the housing boom they are trying to drum up investments before it all falls flat on its face...

www.ibtimes.com...
edit on 6 7 2014 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: pheonix358
My opinion is that this is all bunk.

The US invaded Iraqi, stayed for more than a decade. They pumped the oil out from the oil fields, shipped it home and put it back into the ground in empty wells!

Now they are 'producing' oil.

You are all buying stolen goods. What is more, the US seems to be getting away with it. It was not theirs, it is stolen merchandise.

Just my opinion but it is not hard to figure it out. Shale oil .... yea right.

P

Thats the way to save money, spend 100's billions in war, repair all those burning wells, install all the equipment to pump oil to tankers on the coast, ship it back to the US, pump it back into the ground, then frack it back out of the ground, refine it then sell it to the public. Man I love saving money in America.

For sure this would be a Cheney program developed by Halliburton, with oversight by the Bush Family.

it's good for creating jobs!

seems like the XL pipeline would be better for re-fills.

a lot of our oil is on fed land and off shore.
which both have been shut down by the gov.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
damn that didnt take long. we were just 3rd or 4th a few years ago
edit on 6-7-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I love the 'Bush/Cheny/Haliburton' BULLSNIP gets brought up with regards to the ME.

Want to know what is MORE plausible ?

Think on this.

The ME has finite resource with no other exports than terrorism.

The supplies are dwindling, other countries like the US are producing more oil than they get from OPEC.

Interestingly enough there has been a corresponding rise in terrorism as we produce more.

AQ ?
ISIS ?
Hamas ?
Hezbollah ?

Are Saudi's and Irans version of blackwater to fatten both their opec bank accounts.

Yeah the last decade of war was for oil.

But the manufactured boogieman in that little story is BULLSNIP.

Look up that article about the Saudi Prince saying fracking is a threat to the 'kingdom'.

news.sky.com...
edit on 7-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hm...

We know the moon Titan is covered in hydrocarbons, and I seriously doubt Titan had any plants or trees in it's past.

I'm pretty sure crude oil isn't completely made from dead dinosaurs and plant material, as I believe quite a bit of the oil is abiotic and replenishes itself regularly.

Keep the people in a state of worry and panic and you can drive the price as high as you want.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin

The USA is also opening up its strategic oil reserve fields, such as those in protected Alaskan parks.

Not as far as I can tell. ANWR hasn't been opened to exploration, despite the urging of the people of Alaska.

It doesn't matter how many protected areas they open if the oil companies themselves don't want to drill and produce. It's much more profitable to produce in places like Central/South America where environmental regulations are practically non-existent.

Just because we have it doesn't mean these publicly traded companies will produce it.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Tesla's Tower will save us from the nightmares of Fracking.

Our little gas and oil boom is coming at great cost to our environment. With water shortages, polluted water, and polluted land, the next several generations will be at the mercy of those that own clean water.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I love the 'Bush/Cheny/Haliburton' BULLSNIP gets brought up with regards to the ME.

Think on this.

The supplies are dwindling, other countries like the US are producing more oil than they get from OPEC.

Interestingly enough there has been a corresponding rise in terrorism as we produce more.

AQ ?
ISIS ?
Hamas ?
Hezbollah ?

Are Saudi's and Irans version of blackwater to fatten both their opec bank accounts.

Look up that article about the Saudi Prince saying fracking is a threat to the 'kingdom'.

news.sky.com...

Russia is also saying fracking is a threat

And folks if you don't understand why these people are demonising fracking then log off, go to bed and never log back in to the internet

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: soficrow

.....the next several generations will be at the mercy of those that own clean water.

No kidding. Unless some idiot decides to tap those underwater oceans.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Vovin

The USA is also opening up its strategic oil reserve fields, such as those in protected Alaskan parks.

Not as far as I can tell. ANWR hasn't been opened to exploration, despite the urging of the people of Alaska.

It doesn't matter how many protected areas they open if the oil companies themselves don't want to drill and produce. It's much more profitable to produce in places like Central/South America where environmental regulations are practically non-existent.

Just because we have it doesn't mean these publicly traded companies will produce it.

I have a book from 2012 by an expert in global resource crises and he was writing about Obama already approving ANWR to be opened up AND the US government already started to auction off blocs of the reserve to oil corporations. I also wrote a paper on Arctic resource development recently and every article/report that I found regarding Alaska appeared to confirm that.

And not only that but there's a few megaprojects that are in the works in Alaska. One will involve a drill site that will utilize a drill pipe several kilometres long to pump oil from wells significantly far away from the base.
edit on 8-7-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: neo96

Think on this.

AQ ?
ISIS ?
Hamas ?
Hezbollah ?

news.sky.com...

Russia is also saying fracking is a threat

And folks if you don't understand why these people are demonising fracking then log off, go to bed and never log back in to the internet

Ok genius explain to me what's so great about fracking, aside from a few CEOs and investors getting rich?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Hello,

I don't mean to offend, but I think you're missing a bit of crucial information on hydrocarbons. Yes, some hydrocarbons can be produced by purely geological conditions, but not all hydrocarbons can be. Titan's atmospheric methane is indeed an inorganic hydrocarbon as evidenced by the isotopic ratios of carbon measured. (Here's a link to a less than scholarly article...). This methane is likely the source of the rest of the atmospheric hydrocarbons, as well.
www.spaceref.com...
Here is a link on methane (wikipedia) to help.
en.wikipedia.org...
But this does not mean oil is produced in the same way, but even if it were, the carbon isotope ratios could be measured the same way, showing the organic enrichment. And it is a common misconception that oil is a product of dinosaurs and plant matter, but it is more likely than not marine invertebrates (as evidenced by the massive oil reservoir's in Texas's fossilized coral reefs) and microorganisms, like algae and diatoms...

Cheers

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join