It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distinct red and white light in St Helens vocanocam 4am

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Webcam archive link last 2 hours

[edit on 12/2/04 by Iwunder]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The light in the photo Lineup is in the same position as the dome in daylight photos of this same WebCam

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
So what do you think the light is? lava?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
But high enough temp for it to emit light for their low pixil webcam to catch, Ive been stopping by the sight in the evenings for a few weeks and this is the first time ive seen consistant light, its usually always static

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The light you are talking about is the glow being given off by the new and already cracked lavadome as it is currently heated to around 1500degrees give or take a hundred. There is a lot of energy building up in this volcanoe and has been for the past 4months, Keep an eye on that volcanoe cam for realtime updates folks

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think the white is light reflecting off steam, but the light source would have to be under the plume i.e. very hot glowing rocks, to generate a reflection, the last building close enoigh to have a porch light was launched in 1980 like the house in the beginning of the wizard of oz movie, meaning no artificial light source close enough to generate a reflection for their High Lux WebCam to capture........

E_T

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The VolcanoCam has an apparent limited IR capability. We discovered this when it was found the VolcanoCam was able to record magma extruding into the crater of Mount St. Helens, begining around October 10 and 11, 2004.
www.fs.fed.us...

And newly formed parts of dome might well glow (very reddish light) in the dark because of heat.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It has been there off and on for months (well since it first started errupting). The usgs put out a statement on it on the volcanocam site when it first showed up. They said they didnt know what it was and were unable to send anything up to see. They did say that it was not the lava dome though.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I wathched it all this morning and it does indeed eminate from the highest point of the lava dome. If you get a chance about 7:30 am (weather permitting) go to the link and you can clearly see the predawn to dawn photo line-up and the glow is exactly behind the dome in the crator.

Its pretty cool, I mean HOT!

new topics

top topics

join