It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Army of the Republic newly created in Maine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: Granite
The Queen's guards have been protecting her against arrest by Common Law Sherri'f's all Spring...she has to stay in England for the rest of her life...

What a load of bollocks... She was in Scotland on the 4th naming the new Carrier, she was in France in June and Italy in April. Let me guess, your a "Freeman"?

OT - This "Grand Army", is it just a a couple of dozen redneck types who hate the "guberment"?

She won't visit Brussels...they are watching her every move to make an arrest.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
a reply to: Logarock

The language sounds anything but "dimwitted" to me.

They are basically notifying federal agencies of their intent to disarm them.

One state doesn't have the constitutional authority to simply impose itself on another or suggest that they are going to do so. They should have left that part out. There isn't any language for it.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: METACOMET

That link to General Ham's Wikipedia page looks very real.

Thanks for posting that. This is a real military person with links to the Joint Chiefs.

That implies a certain legitimacy and authority.

edit on 4-7-2014 by antoinemarionette because: added line

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

a reply to: METACOMET

That link to General Ham's Wikipedia page looks very real.

Thanks for posting that. This is a real military person with links to the Joint Chiefs.

That implies a certain legitimacy and authority.
He is very real. He was relieved of duty last year and then retired. Some claim he was relieved of duty because of his "response" to the Benghazi affair. Snopes might have a different rendition of things, but Snopes is a tool of sorts so take their info with a grain of salt too.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

The general is real enough. General Carter Ham was in charge of AFRICOM during Benghazi. He retired last year I think. The question is, is the claim that he is part of the Grand Ole Army real.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Hmmm, no. I don't think so. The military receives authority. it is not able to grant authority. Even the officer's authority is given by congress not the generals.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The Grand Army of the Republic is a veterans fraternity, like the VFW. Its not enforcing anything.
Grand Army of the Republic

a reply to: Granite
No its not, and nothing is going to happen because one “freeman” nutter writes it on his blog.
BTW, you should steer clear of that whole “freeman”, “Sovereignty”, movement thing. It's nothing but a hoax that has spread through the internet and its based on pseudo-law. Nothing about it stands up at all in any court anywhere on the planet, and there is lots of real law on the books showing that its wrong at every level. Everyone that gets involved in those groups eventually ends up in a world of hurt. Every one of the original ringleader of it all ended up in prison, dead, or in the funny farm....and THAT is a verifiable FACT...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Maybe you need to see this.

RationalWiki is not a credible source.

In FACT, the National Enquirer has more credibility...

"Some of the most untrue bunch of lies that could ever be written in the entire world were written by RationalWiki. They claim that they are the truth and the holy appointed protectors of science and their subjects. They do not tell the truth. RationalWiki is the biggest con job on the internet. It is the National Enquirer of skeptical thought.

They are like Stormfront for intellectual people that pimp a platform of hate and scorn for those that they hate, no matter how wrong and biased that they are and kudos for those that they DO like. RationalWiki is the most biased thing out there on the internet today. They are NOT rational or intelligent. RationalWiki is a fraud factory. It is a quack’s encyclopedia. They are pseudo-intellectual quackery at its finest. RationalWiki is a joke!" Source

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well if this is truly from the guy on whe Wiki page I would imagine we are dealing with no dimwit. I would also imagine he has evidence and people in place to assert his claims. If nothing else this is definitely interesting. Everyone is sitting back waiting on 1 event that is just the straw that breaks the camels back. Finally someone with a good name and reputation and probably decent connections is deciding to meet the problem head on. If this turns out to be true I applaud their efforts.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Looks like its about time for me to abandon the dimwitted west coast and return home.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana

What I think they're doing is using Admiralty Law to establish their legal position.

This was discussed and introduced by the OPPT - One People's Public Trust - a couple of years ago.

Here's an article describing this phenomenon on the Project Camelot Forum page:

Article by Chris Thomas on OPPT

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
The Grand Army of the Republic is a veterans fraternity, like the VFW. Its not enforcing anything.
Grand Army of the Republic

No its not, and nothing is going to happen because one “freeman” nutter writes it on his blog.
BTW, you should steer clear of that whole “freeman”, “Sovereignty”, movement thing. It's nothing but a hoax that has spread through the internet and its based on pseudo-law. Nothing about it stands up at all in any court anywhere on the planet, and there is lots of real law on the books showing that its wrong at every level. Everyone that gets involved in those groups eventually ends up in a world of hurt. Every one of the original ringleader of it all ended up in prison, dead, or in the funny farm....and THAT is a verifiable FACT...

Google "Common Law"...

The "freeman, soverign citizen" is NOT CONNECTED...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Your link says that the GAR was:

it was dissolved in 1956 when its last member died.

So we must be talking about a NEW Grand Army of the Republic, eh?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

So we must be talking about a NEW Grand Army of the Republic, eh?

Or they've restarted a new chapter of it.
I believe that once a fictitious name for an organization such as that exists, you cannot registers a new organization with the same name. That is why you have to go through a fictitious name search when you apply for one to start a business. This would especially be the case for a famous one that has monuments and such dedicated to it.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ok, thanks. So after skimming that reference I can confidently assume that this group has no real authority to do anything. It has no basis in the US constitution and definitely has no authority over the state of Maine, let alone the other 49.

Another group talking about eliminating personal debt and a return to being "bond servants of the creator/source".

edit on 7/4/2014 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

What I think they're doing is using Admiralty Law to establish their legal position.

When anyone starts babbling about “admiralty law” they're part of the “sovereign movement”, which makes it a load of BS.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I tried to tell people...
28 U.S. Code § 3002 - Definitions

Clearly says the U.S is a federal corporation, and that's in there own regulations book that they put out, they actually tell you themselves they are a Federal corporation...
edit on JulX61000 by MX61000 because: Stupid phone

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Restarting a new chapter of a previously defunct organization sounds perfectly plausible, whether famous or no.

I would be interested to hear from anybody in Maine who may of heard of this organization, although it makes sense that it would have remained secret until now.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Wow, so you're saying there's a history with some real motivation.

Just the fact that they would mention his name as being the commander of the army implies that there is definitely an organization of some kind supporting him.

I think this is going to be really interesting.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I dont think its a part of any jurisdiction of his. I think it specifically says that he will be under the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Common Law and Admiralty Law are the basis of most of the laws we have today. You would be surprised what archaic protocols and rules that may exist within the military to deal with such a circumstance. Again this could all be bologna, but Mr. Ham appears to pass a cursory glance and google. If the majority of the government is corrupt and complicit in a scheme to enslave everyone somebody has to be prepared to take over and more than likely it would have to be someone of his pedigree. A retired military general with the backing of other military and government officials of the same ilk. Not everyone in the government is corrupt, they just have no real power to change anything using the system. If a government passes laws and issues executive orders in direct opposition to the well being and to the detriment of the people it is their authority that is in question, not that of people seeking to bring them to justice. Unless you think the current maniacs in office and their way of doing business around the world is how things should be.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join