It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on CNN News!! I dont think they meant to put this on TV

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

So I downloaded the entire video off CNN (the entire is 1969 frames, 1:05.633)

Look at the first two comparison shots, they are EXACTLY identical.
The last one is very slightly off, probably a 1/500th of a second or so but it's still clear it's the same event/flash.

Thank you for doing this. It would appear that it is time-lapsed.

So we can confirm that an Unknown light blinked ON stayed on for X amount of time, then dimmed. Because it was timelapsed we know the light stayed ON and did not move whatsoever like other Unknown lights we have seen in the sky. If it were Ball lightening then we would see it move atleast a tiny bit. However we do not.

Thank you for your investigation into the Time-Lapse. It is shotty reporting by CNN. *sigh news stations have become lack-luster to be nice.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Whether it's time-lapsed I didn't check/don't know.

So yes, all we have is one light which at some time appears, seems rather stationary and then dims.

I have to agree with the other posters here, I myself lived near Chicago O'Hare for a while and "lights" in the sky, even very bright ones which appear stationary for a rather long time are really nothing uncommon whatsoever, in fact in a greater metropolitan area you would ALWAYS see a good number of lights basically all the time.

Also, landing lights of planes are at times turned on or turned off. Just saying that a light over MAJOR city like NYC is really nothing unusual whatsoever. Also, stepping through the individual frames of the above footage, there were also other lights in the sky but not that bright. I really don't think this being worthy of more investigation.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Onion88

It would appear that it is time-lapsed.

No that would show that its on a loop and showing the same lightening strike wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Hard to tell what it is, would be better if there was sound to see what the recorder was saying.

But also keep in mind, San Clemente is literally 5 minutes away from MCB Camp Pendleton, it very well could be something military related. I'm in the San Mateo area, and while we don't know which direction the video was shot, it's possible that could be an Illum round fired in the back yard (the field where we do most local training)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

This light is not stationary, it moves from left to right by a small amount, Like an aircraft would appear to do if it was coming ALMOST directly toward the observer. I would say this is an aircraft coming in to land. Can anyone with any knowledge of the area point to where the airport is?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka
Its definetly loop and its time compressed. The "UFO" doesnt blink. It just appear in the one of the quick loops. We dont have any time index for the lightning. This video could be 5 hours time compressed... or 5 minutes.

Ball lightning is extremely probably. Far, far, far more probably than any aliens.

The video is looped and is sped up.

Look at the lights from the office blocks and traffic on the ground, they are twinkling very quickly.

Which means that the 'ufo' cannot be an aircraft on approach towards the camera, or leaving the camera either, nor is it a helicopter...if this was so, the movement of any aircraft that is not rock solid stationary, would become immediately apparent during a sped up video sequence...it would appear to be darting about like an insect on steroids if it were.

Whatever this thing is or was, it stayed completely stationary...even hovering copters have some lateral movement, and an approaching or receding fixed wing aircraft would be perfectly obvious too.

Interesting video, thanks...(and thanks for putting it up for download Kandy)

Correction, i was a bit hasty...on very closer inspection, the orb does actually move, albeit very slightly and very slowly (considering the video sequence is sped up)..it moves slightly from left to right, then is gone. So yes...maybe an aircraft.

edit on 6-7-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: merka
Its definetly loop and its time compressed. The "UFO" doesnt blink. It just appear in the one of the quick loops. We dont have any time index for the lightning. This video could be 5 hours time compressed... or 5 minutes.

Ball lightning is extremely probably. Far, far, far more probably than any aliens.

The video is looped and is sped up.

Look at the lights from the office blocks and traffic on the ground, they are twinkling very quickly.

Which means that the 'ufo' cannot be an aircraft on approach towards the camera, or leaving the camera either, nor is it a helicopter...if this was so, the movement of any aircraft that is not rock solid stationary, would become immediately apparent during a sped up video sequence...it would appear to be darting about like an insect on steroids if it were.

Whatever this thing is or was, it stayed completely stationary...even hovering copters have some lateral movement, and an approaching or receding fixed wing aircraft would be perfectly obvious too.

Interesting video, thanks...(and thanks for putting it up for download Kandy)

Correction, i was a bit hasty...on very closer inspection, the orb does actually move, albeit very slightly and very slowly (considering the video sequence is sped up)..it moves slightly from left to right, then is gone. So yes...maybe an aircraft.

Why would any aircrafy be flying in the middle of this? Also if it was a flying aircraft wouldnt it be small at first, and increase in size as it comes closer? It stays the same size tho which indicates its not moving in that fashion.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I myself lived near Chicago O'Hare for a while and "lights" in the sky, even very bright ones which appear stationary for a rather long time are really nothing uncommon whatsoever, in fact in a greater metropolitan area you would ALWAYS see a good number of lights basically all the time.

Also, landing lights of planes are at times turned on or turned off. Just saying that a light over MAJOR city like NYC is really nothing unusual whatsoever. Also, stepping through the individual frames of the above footage, there were also other lights in the sky but not that bright. I really don't think this being worthy of more investigation.

I think you may be seeing more ufos than you think and just dismiss to as some airplane. If you see a stationary bright light like this it isn't a jet propelled aircraft as it remains stationary.

Also if it is a plane that is coming in for landing then why does it not increase/decrease in size as distance would make it? It stays a stagnet size which points to its stationary.

Some other posters said it shifted slightly to the right. But no size increase is reported so I would have to say its stationary and drifted slightly to the right. No increase or decrease in size with distance

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I think you may be seeing more ufos than you think and just dismiss to as some airplane. If you see a stationary bright light like this it isn't a jet propelled aircraft as it remains stationary. Also if it is a plane that is coming in for landing then why does it not increase/decrease in size as distance would make it? It stays a stagnet size which points to its stationary.

So you have never seen a plane flying directly towards you on a decent with its headlights on?

The can look stationary for a while, depending on if the plane keeps its direction straight towards you and you keep watching without moving and how far away the plane actually is it could be a few minutes of watching what seems like a stationary light.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
Whether it's time-lapsed I didn't check/don't know.

So yes, all we have is one light which at some time appears, seems rather stationary and then dims.

I have to agree with the other posters here, I myself lived near Chicago O'Hare for a while and "lights" in the sky, even very bright ones which appear stationary for a rather long time are really nothing uncommon whatsoever, in fact in a greater metropolitan area you would ALWAYS see a good number of lights basically all the time.

I currently live and work near O'Hare - have since the 70's, and I have to agree. Day, night, dawn, and dusk the sky is full of lights, reflective objects, and sun-backlit contrails. Throw in news choppers as well.

originally posted by: Onion88

I think you may be seeing more ufos than you think and just dismiss to as some airplane.

A lot of things to dismiss well before leaping to the Alien/UFO conclusion.

But seeing as how it appears in close proximity to a lightning strike I would also not discount ball lightning as a possibility.

edit on 7-7-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

The comment about the weather implies you have a lot of catching up to read about here at ATS. YEARS worth! About UFOS and weather manipulating? There are some real old and some new threads about the weather subject you should ck out.

It'll bring you up to speed on these and other topics. We moved very deep into both of these! Especially over the last 4-5 years here.

PS The UFO? Mistaken, faked or illusionary image. Even CGI...but surely not-real anyway.

Ball lightning . It's been reported in the past many times, but rarely seen. There was a theory that it was related to bubbles of vaporized metal or glass. That would explain how it could cut circular holes through windows, but not how it could go through metal.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

PS The UFO? Mistaken, faked or illusionary image. Even CGI...but surely not-real anyway.

Well isn't that the reality? It is indeed in the 1000 or I would say 2000 cases you may have one genuine UFO that could be some military drone or what not

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join