It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on CNN News!! I dont think they meant to put this on TV

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
I saw this video long before this thread.

To be honest, I don't understand why people think it's an UFO and not a plane. (Or helicopter)
It's NYC, I would EXPECT planes over NYC, also during a storm.

The fact it appears stationary could be from the angle it's shot, whether it's an object disappearing we don't know..all we see is a LIGHT turning on and off. Could be landing lights.

I highly doubt its a helicopter or a plane. Even landing lights. I have never seen a plane fly stationary during a storm, or even a helicopter. Much less illuminate in a disk shaped fashion as we have seen this Object do. Landing lights on a helicopter, don't they blink instead of pulsate like a bright orb ball? The ONLY thing that lights up and pulsates in a similar fashion is other UFO sightings.

If you have a video of a regular plane/helicopter mimicking the pulsating lights please share. * Also if you have one of staying stationary during a lightening storm (I have NEVER heard of this) please share.

HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:

THIS VIDEO IS IN A LOOP (don't just trust what you see, look again and look closer!)

It's a video of *the same* lighting strike at least 3x in succession. Ever time when the light goes on you see THE SAME lightning flash (watch the lighting arches and the patterns and compare the three!). It's the same flash and the same light at the same time in a loop. Therefore it looks like the light (plane?) is stationary....in reality it is not, it's simply the same sequence multiple time in the video! If you don't believe me check the video for yourself.

On an interesting side-note, since the video is definitely in a loop, this also means that the claim of the media "how lighting struck over and over again" is FALSE. Shoddy, bogus news reporting.

I really dont see what your seeing here. I dont see that its a loop. I see lightening traveling in similar paths that it has struck before. But we already know lightening does that because once it strikes, it leaves charged particles in the air laying almost a path for future electrical current (lightening) to travel through.

I get how it looks like its looped, but when the Orb lights up, the lightening flashes at the same time the first time, then the second time when the orb lights up the lightening flashes AFTER the orb again dims. So it is NOT in a loop. It only appears to be in a loop because the lightening uses paths in the air that it has created for itself in past strikes.

The video is not in a loop.
edit on 5-7-2014 by Onion88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thalestris
I'm in the camp of wanting there to be SOMETHING out there, but calling a natural phenomenon something it isn't doesn't help the case. Always seen during storms because it's lightning.

Ball lightning.

I dont think its Ball Lightening. When you watch a video of ball lightening you can see the ball of light get electrified and almost flash like a sparkler before going off. This one is VERY steady, and it does not emanate other balls of light from it like "Ball Lightening" is known to do. Also, when it illuminates and dims, it does so at a steady pace of which we have seen other UFO's do. Ball lightening light is more immediate dissipation, not a steady pace like what is seen here.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
On another note, here is a video of a UFO flying in a lightening storm. I know some people may think its not a UFO, but if its not what is it?

So UFO's do like lightening storms we can see.

(You may want to turn your volume down, its loud.)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Onion88

that's the asian thing i was rambling about..
there's been a few earlier reports too, i remember reading about theories in the early 80's that they were juicing up on lightning strikes

(the weather manipulation scene seems to be more haarp turf, stuff like that just seems to polarize the community.. half the people think chemtrails don't exist & the other half debate if aliens are terraforming the planet)

if you "like" ufo's..
have you come across the hynek & vallee material yet?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onion88
I really dont see what your seeing here. I dont see that its a loop.

Watch the video again, on CNN we see the light blinking three times.

Watch when the light blinks, and then what patterns the lightning has which follows. Watch closely and do this three times. Also..watch the color of the building left/front. I watched the video multiple times every time when the light comes up, and then look at the lightning following, I am certain it's in a loop.

I would show you if this video would be downloadable and I would simply put it into a video editing program and then could compare frame by frame, but I can't download the video since it's flash. I am sure tho that others who look closely can confirm that the blinking light appears three time in the video and it's the exact SAME sequence in a row.

EDIT: I just downloaded it, I will inspect it closely now and report back.
edit on 7/5/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

So I downloaded the entire video off CNN (the entire is 1969 frames, 1:05.633)

Look at the first two comparison shots, they are EXACTLY identical.
The last one is very slightly off, probably a 1/500th of a second or so but it's still clear it's the same event/flash.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its definetly loop and its time compressed. The "UFO" doesnt blink. It just appear in the one of the quick loops. We dont have any time index for the lightning. This video could be 5 hours time compressed... or 5 minutes.

Ball lightning is extremely probably. Far, far, far more probably than any aliens.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

To the pseudo-scientists who claim the light/UFO is ball lightning I say PHOOEY! I've seen enough documentaries on TV showing ball lightning being created in a lab and the "orbs" that are generated shoot off in all directions. Not one materialized and dematerialized and remained stationary.

Logic seems to be in short supply on this forum.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I watched on large screen and that is pretty impressive.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Loop or not, all we're left with is one more video showing a speck of light in the night sky. I could go outside my house right now, point my video camera towards the city of Chicago and get you a 1 minute video of a jet 15 miles out from landing at Ohare. It would be a dead stationary point of light until it was within 3 or so miles of landing.

Vids and Pics of lights in the night sky are very easy to obtain and 99.999% are rarely worth the effort to study, IMO.
-cwm

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I don't see anything special. Trust me, I want it to be something cool, but it isn't.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Could be some kind of ball lightening.But clearly, anyone who does not see the ball that is plain as day in the video which this person is describing as a UFO is being a liar.

Because people don't know for sure what the ball of light is then it becomes a UFO anyways,does not mean it is an alien space craft.Good God people have no common sense .

My opinion is prob is some kind of lightening ball of energy.I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
You can download a copy from here. I just uploaded it so it's safe

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I remember mentioning a long time ago that UFO's were using the Weather to attack. I said in one thread that they were forming Tornado's to reap havoc! And a couple years later a Film was made, now I dont know where the Filmakers got that idea from but the could have been reading ATS. Also mentioned it was those which were causing 'Lightening' or at least using the 'Lightening' in some form to Travel maybe..
edit on CDTSun, 06 Jul 2014 09:04:56 -0500u3109x156x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

It is on a loop. Its pretty clear to see.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

On another note, here is a video of a UFO flying in a lightening storm. I know some people may think its not a UFO, but if its not what is it?

A cloud?

title says pyramid and there is a cloud in the center of screen when the lightening strikes it illuminates the darker cloud which could be seen as an upside down pyramid in the sky.

Its a cloud.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uggielicious

To the pseudo-scientists who claim the light/UFO is ball lightning I say PHOOEY! I've seen enough documentaries on TV showing ball lightning being created in a lab and the "orbs" that are generated shoot off in all directions. Not one materialized and dematerialized and remained stationary.

Thank you for your comment. Most people choose to look the other way and scoff at the idea that it could be UFO.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Loop or not, all we're left with is one more video showing a speck of light in the night sky. I could go outside my house right now, point my video camera towards the city of Chicago and get you a 1 minute video of a jet 15 miles out from landing at Ohare. It would be a dead stationary point of light until it was within 3 or so miles of landing.

Vids and Pics of lights in the night sky are very easy to obtain and 99.999% are rarely worth the effort to study, IMO.
-cwm

Your saying as the plane flies towards the Camera it would appear stationary? I think that it would MOST appear stationary, not dead still - no movement whatsoever as seen as.

Someone already said this is time lapsed, which just goes to show how dead still this hovering ball of light is. C'mon people. It is a ball of light that appears, and vanishes. The time lapse just further confirms that its unusual because it does NOT move at all.

When compared to other unexplainable lights it has many similarities. Therefore I deduct it is a UFO. (mind you I dont know if its 'Alien') but its a UFO IMO.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka
Its definetly loop and its time compressed. The "UFO" doesnt blink. It just appear in the one of the quick loops. We dont have any time index for the lightning. This video could be 5 hours time compressed... or 5 minutes.

Ball lightning is extremely probably. Far, far, far more probably than any aliens.

We have already established the fact its time lapsed. Therefor the 'Orb of light' could of been shining for any number of minutes. We dont know how long. But just the fact alone that it stayed perfectly stationary over several minutes rules out Ball Lightening as a possiblilty. If you look at Ball Lightening it flashes and sparks like a short circuit or a sparkler. It doesnt stay solid and stationary for extended periods of times like this has.

If you compare it to other explainable lights in the sky it looks much more like those than Ball lightening. It resembles other UFO activity that we cannot explain, such as the video I first posted "San Clemente UFO 2014"

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onion88

originally posted by: Uggielicious

Thank you for your comment. Most people choose to look the other way and scoff at the idea that it could be UFO.

You have use flying saucer and UFO interchangeably in this thread or at least as I have interpreted it.

Are you saying people scoff at the idea that this could be unidentified or do you mean scoff at the idea that it could flying saucers either man made or ET piloted?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join