It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters of a Fatal Kind ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis
The big question is:
Would the people in power keep the alien secret from the general dumb public?

If you think that this information is real then you need to ask yourself that question.

Now how important would it be to protect the fact that the aliens have been working with our government?

99% of the worlds population thought that man would never fly at one time.

99% 0f the worlds population thinks that our world is home to the only intelligent life in the universe.

Arrogant? What say you?

Are you sure 99% of us think our world is home to the only intelligent life in the universe.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy Is Cash/Landrum mentioned in Redfern's book?

Yes, it's better than a mention, but not an in depth discussion. It's just included as another spooky campfire story. He gives a fairly good summary of the case, but does not cover it in detail or address any of the recent documents.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: mirageman

The statement "There are numerous UFO related tales where we hear that witnesses have been threatened not to speak out." (we hear that from people who cannot understand why an individual won't say what you want to hear the individual say. The assumption then seems to be they aren't saying it because they have been threatened rather than the more prosaic reason that they don't actually have anything to say) is one of the issues here,

No.

People who allege to have been involved in UFO cases have said they were threatened or intimidated not to speak out and still told their story. From the Roswell incident to Stephenville. A quick internet search will verify that. Now what they saw and why they were saying they were threatened is a whole different question.

as are statements such as;
'it is sometimes suggested' (by people selling books on UFOs I assume?),

Yes, I've heard it from people who are either speakers or authors in the UFO field. Of course it is also possibly that Ruppelt simply changed his mind about everything and became skeptical.

'Ruppelt died from heart failure aged just 39 on Sept. 15th 1960. A condition that seems unusual for someone with a military background' (is it? Please give the statistics showing people from a military background are less likely to suffer from a heart attack at that age),

Bad phraseology on my part there. Ruppelt was a young man and would have been subject to regular health check ups in the military. However whether he had a hidden condition we don't know.

'The ever elusive,” Estimate of the Situation” document supposedly concluded that some UFOs were extra-terrestrial in origin' (so if such a document even exists then we can only assume what it may or may not have concluded?),

Not exactly because Ruppelt wrote about it in his book "The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects". He wrote:

In intelligence, if you have something to say about some vital problem you write a report that is known as an "Estimate of the Situation." A few days after the DC-3 was buzzed [the Chiles-Whitted UFO report], the people at ATIC decided that the time had arrived to make an Estimate of the Situation. The situation was the UFOs; the estimate was that they were interplanetary!

Do I need to go on? These are all urban myths, the Monroe one is fairly much scraping the barrel though - although I appreciate mirageman you are merely putting in one place the stories

Exactly. Like I said in the OP

.....where UFOs are involved, the proof, and the truth are never quite within reach.

Some of the evidence is tenuous at best especially the stories of Monroe and the Kennedy brothers. The death of James Forrestal is very suspicious. But can we link them all to the UFO issue? Others have done and put these theories out there.

Personally I cannot prove any of these stories are more than just well..stories. But I do find them interesting and I think other people will do as well.

edit on 5/7/14 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Guaripiranga case is the one that gives me the heebie-jeebies. There are some gruesome photos here. Just a heads up.
www.reocities.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This thread is put nicely together but Aliens don't visit Earth. Just like Big Foot, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny, they are myths to discern your self from reality from real issues. (Central Banking for example)

The only evidence of UFO's ever existing is witness accounts and CGI youtube videos. That's it. Thats why critical thinking is not strong within the UFO crowd. For one thing UFO'logy is a religion. You have to have faith and you have to "believe" that Aliens visit Earth.

To each his own of course, but hasn't this UFO and BigFoot fad gone on long enough? The whole UFO thing is a joke, you're laughed at on public TV with that great show "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel of all Channels.

It's like that Big Foot thread that Springer posted, it's all just a big inside joke. (UFO'olgy included)
edit on 5-7-2014 by Revelations29 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revelations29

The only evidence of UFO's ever existing is witness accounts and CGI youtube videos. That's it. Thats why critical thinking is not strong within the UFO crowd. For one thing UFO'logy is a religion. You have to have faith and you have to "believe" that Aliens visit Earth.

UFOs do exist.

So long as the object remains unidentified whilst flying then by definition it is a UFO.

The evidence exists beyond witness accounts and CGI Youtube videos. There was a time when technology was less advanced and photographs, videotape and film could not be as easily manipulated as it is today with software. Of course people still faked things and made up wondrous stories.

Also check out the Hessdalen Lights.. This is a study into UFOs which no one is claiming to be ET.

The existence of craft controlled by non-terrestrial beings (and the beings themselves) is of course a different thing altogether and many people do seem to believe that aliens will be so much more advanced and benevolent than us and will come to save us. I did not allude to that view whatsoever in the thread.

However I do believe in keeping an open mind whilst viewing things with a skeptical eye. Maybe you agree with that philosophy too?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I agree with that philosophy. I don't think you fully do though.

How does rapid technological advances serve as evidence? Of course the Military/Government and the "Elite" (hate saying that word) withhold technology from the masses. One of the ways you can easily control a society is by releasing technology slowly and control it.

It's just funny to me how supposed skeptics can be skeptical but of course they can't with Ufology, just like a Southern Baptist will never question the Bible.

To each his own I guess.
edit on 5-7-2014 by Revelations29 because: Im too damn tired

edit on 5-7-2014 by Revelations29 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Revelations29

How does rapid technological advances serve as evidence? Of course the Military/Government and the "Elite" (hate saying that word) withhold technology from the masses. One of the ways you can easily control a society is by releasing technology slowly and control it.

You'll have to clarify that point as don't recall saying that rapid technological advancement is proof of aliens? Or maybe I just don't get the point you are making at all.

It's just funny to me how supposed skeptics can be skeptical but of course they can't with Ufology, just like a Southern Baptist will never question the Bible.

Again I don't understand the point you are making. I stated in my opening posts

But where UFOs are involved, the proof, and the truth are never quite within reach.

There is some circumstantial evidence. But I’ll leave you to make up your minds as to how convincing it is.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is an awesome thread. The more threads like this that appear, the better chance we have at understanding the mystery behind the whole subject.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I have not seen big foot or the Easter bunny, but I did see three grays and also saw a lock ness type monster. So now you may have fun trying to prove I did not see them...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I have not seen the death of Jack Parsons mentioned.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
So Jfk .....

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Great Thread S & F
Didn't N. Tesla believe we received signals or imagines from other planets, or Mars?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
here's a topic on another forum regarding Tesla and Alien contact I think is relevant: www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
Great Thread S & F
Didn't N. Tesla believe we received signals or imagines from other planets, or Mars?

I believe he heard background radiation noise, and not having any idea that it's a natural phenomenon, he believed it was ET.

So much with Tesla has to be taken with a grain of salt because of all the fanboys who ascribe every invention under the sun to him.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Very interesting reading, no smoke without fire, the British Lightning aircraft crash is a real mystery, so the guy leaves the cockpit then closes the canopy? in midair? on the sea surface? under the sea?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Humans have pet rabbits and keep them indoors just as members of the family and other humans house them for food.

Aliens may think the same way as some of them may be helpful and still others hungry.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

4 Stars and a Flag OP
Very well put together presentation.
The idea that the human race is alone in the universe becomes less rational the more you think about it.
Statistically the chance that humans are alone in the universe is remote at best.

An international team of astronomers have reached the most definitive conclusion, one with profound implications: our galaxy contains a minimum of 100 billion planets. Of those, most are small planets like ours. Statistically, every star would have at least one planet.

This means that the chances of life and habitable planets in our galaxy alone is overwhelmingly high. So high that it's impossible to deny that it's out there. The only question is how much of that is little dumb critters* and how much is civilized.

* Some may argue that advanced alien civilizations would see us as little dumb critters, rather than a civilization.

gizmodo.com...

This thread is put nicely together but Aliens don't visit Earth. Just like Big Foot, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny, they are myths to discern your self from reality from real issues. (Central Banking for example)

To each his own of course, but hasn't this UFO and BigFoot fad gone on long enough? The whole UFO thing is a joke, you're laughed at on public TV with that great show "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel of all Channels.

It's like that Big Foot thread that Springer posted, it's all just a big inside joke. (UFO'olgy included)

One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible.

To each his own I guess.

I grew up as a Southern Baptist in South Carolina and I question the Bible constantly my friend, Never say never, it is an over generalization. Any "Thinking" person will question the religion they were raised in if only to prove to themselves that there is good reason to have faith, just as any thinking investigator into any subject should approach that subject with an open mind and let the evidence determine the hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis
The big question is:
Would the people in power keep the alien secret from the general dumb public?

If you think that this information is real then you need to ask yourself that question.

Now how important would it be to protect the fact that the aliens have been working with our government?

99% of the worlds population thought that man would never fly at one time.

99% of the worlds population thought that the earth was flat at one time.

99% 0f the worlds population thinks that our world is home to the only intelligent life in the universe.

Arrogant? What say you?

True to human character would be the natural of cause and effect of just ignorance. In other words, not knowing is blissful. Man's technology has already moved beyond his ability to wisely apply it. Based on this principle reason dictates that extraterrestrials would want to keep their own presence and activity covert in order to study our race in its natural environmental context. So, whatever circumstantial evidence (i.e. lights in the sky, contact, abduction) presents itself, these are stories given by people we don't know and thus cannot be substantiated as actual events. For us, believing is simply a matter of faith, not knowledge.

Thus, the extraterrestrials are in fact controlling information (knowledge in fact), not the governments of Earth. They are the ones preventing panic and culture shock and the extreme potential consequences such as social fragmentation in the basic human orientation elements (i.e. religion, political, economic).

They have left us with nothing but pure conjecture that stretches across a broad spectrum of possibilities to the internal conspiracies about an alien shadow government, when in all probability their purposes are likely somewhat less dramatic and procedural in character.

I think its quite obvious from what we know about the universe that there are many intelligences, some of which are here, doing whatever they do. And as the PhD Harvard psychiatrist, Dr John Mack - regressed and wrote about many abduction cases, he said that there's an industry centered on breeding humans as hybrids for purposes we do not understand.

And yet they haven't landed on the White House lawn because doing so would be counter productive in the current state of discord and conflict. Philosophically, it seems that we are on our own to work out our social problems as this relates to our natural destiny.

If the planet is laid waste by our lack of maturity and eventual demise, at least the extraterrestrials have chosen the moral act of allowing our genetic memory to live on through the existence of those who have moved forward in the space time continuum.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Thanks for adding a few more names in there. Care to elaborate a little more in the thread on these people.

Of course an obvious one to add is the Valentich disappearance in 1978 of which there are a number of good threads on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join