It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany arrests man suspected of spying for US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

An employee of Germany's intelligence service has been arrested on suspicion of spying for the US, reports say.

The man is said to have been trying to gather details about a German parliamentary committee that is investigating claims of US espionage

Germany arrests man suspected of spying for US

Well it looks like the US have screwed up even more with Germany!

Talk about alienate a ally.

Hopefully Germany does not pansy out and give him up and puts him through hell to show our displeasure of NSA global spying.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Merkel doesn´t look like a woman who likes to be spied.. she is pissed ! and she is angry !

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Merkel doesn´t look like a woman who likes to be spied.. she is pissed ! and she is angry !

Nope she one mean bitch.

Plus she basicaly pulls the strings of the EU. USA could really reallyreally have screwed up on this.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Its a part of bigger picture. I believe every country which has commissioners in EU parliament has been spied. In here they are investigating of two espionage cases where our foreign ministry has been spied ( specially EU related matters ) for long time by two other countries.. who those countries ( we are neutral EU country ) are is not yet revealed as investigations are still on.

I guess we only know a little what has been happening and it doesn´t look good for USA.

edit on 4-7-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Merkel doesn´t look like a woman

There fixed your post for you.

On a serious note though this, under Merkel europe is effectivly becoming Germanies empire. She is clearly a skilled and savvy politician. She could have chosen to see this hushed up but the fact that she didn't shows how weak americas grasp is becoming and that more and more the sharks are circling.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
What are they going to do? Ask for their gold back?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Germany has the power to upset the current global paradigm. A separation between them and the US would be...unsettling, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

That is actually pretty interesting...I also found it interesting how much the snowden leaks showed America has so much interest in Germany. Is there anyone left in the world they haven't pissed off at this point? I guess when you have all their gold you can do what you want haha.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think Germany would understand just like the Gold situation.. They're after all batting for the same side, it's just as important to keep tabs on your allies doing business with your enemy as it is spying on your enemy, there would be dozens of cases just like this between all ailed countries in the west, in reality these cases are authorised and know about by a few in high places, friends look out for each other

This because of snowden has been Blow out of all proportion, by those who don't understand IMO, and allies do in moderation keep tabs on each other, not just for this purpose but for weeding out double agents who maybe leaking allied secrets to there enemies

Germany have been doing a lot of business with Russia and China, let's just leave it there and...

Let's watch again as nothing happen with it all, Germany need to be seen publicly outraged but can't exactly explain the ins and outs of it all to the public can they

edit on 4-7-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Indeedy - it is highly likely this will either be dropped and disappear off the radar or that the German concerned will find himself handed over the Americans in a deal where he'll most likely get a new job in the NSA. Happens all the time, even during the Cold War, spies (who can, in most countries, be legally shot) were just imprisoned for a while then swapped to get their own spies back.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
NOW WE"LL NEVER FIND OUT HOW WIENER SCHNITZEL IS MADE !!!!!

Oh, the atrocities.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

This is nothing new.

As has been stated before all nations spy on each other, including allies.

In Obamas first term we broke up a Russian spy ring.
Israel got caught spying on the US.

etc etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Was he spying looking for soccer players for Team USA?

And to your topic, all countries are spying on one another. I'm sure Germany has people here in the US spying on us too... All powerful countries spy on each other, doesn't matter if you're an ally or enemy... Lots of paranoid governments out there.
edit on 4-7-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's time that America shows some respect.

It was just a few days ago that the US was requesting assistance "by its allies" in the matter of increased airport security for the major intl. hubs due to new terrorist threads.

Frankfurt is among the biggest international hubs for flights into the US...and it's somewhat awkward hearing about the US requesting help and tighter security measures by "its allies"....while having spied on Merkel's phone and now having NSA spies in the German Intelligence service as well. That's not how you treat allies.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'd like them to demand it back. The USA is a lame duck country that owes the world everything and gives it nothing. It is the bad guy, now.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I'd like them to demand it back. The USA is a lame duck country that owes the world everything and gives it nothing. It is the bad guy, now.

Owes the world everything and gives it nothing??? How do you figure? Please enlighten us all...

The US gave $23 billion to humanitarian assistance last year alone. FYI- that money comes from the taxpayers, so we can't be all that bad. Just curious where do you live and please tell me why/how your country is so great. If we are the bad guys, I'm assuming you live where the good guys live?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Owes the world everything and gives it nothing??? How do you figure? Please enlighten us all...

The US gave $23 billion to humanitarian assistance last year alone. FYI- that money comes from the taxpayers, so we can't be all that bad. Just curious where do you live and please tell me why/how your country is so great. If we are the bad guys, I'm assuming you live where the good guys live?

I figure what I figure because I am a citizen of the world and not of the United States of America. Put your flag down - not an easy task this weekend - and deal with it.

By the way - expensive bombs and maintaining bases in other people's countries don't count as foreign aid.

You can either see the truth, or disappear into a collapsing world of lies, deceit and faded glory - it's up to you.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Ahhh so you ARE another one of the ATS american haters... Sweet! I love whenever I can identify another one of you... Funny thing is that I asked you to identify the country you are from and you left that out... I really want to know where perfect, good people live... please tell us all where this utopia is

Please, when you make claims, how about you back them up...

Source

In my link you will see 23 billion was for humanitarian causes and 14 billion was in military assistance...
edit on 4-7-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Ahhh so you ARE another one of the ATS american haters... Sweet! I love whenever I can identify another one of you... Funny thing is that I asked you to identify the country you are from and you left that out... I really want to know where perfect, good people live... please tell us all where this utopia is

Please, when you make claims, how about you back them up...

Source

In my link you will see 23 billion was for humanitarian causes and 14 billion was in military assistance...

Per capita, that is pretty piss poor. I also love my country - don't you dare ever say otherwise. You are just deluded is the thing. I don't blame you, but open your eyes.

By the way - if you think the give and take of the world is monetary, I just feel sorry for you.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Per capita, that is pretty piss poor??? Who says WE have to give ANY foreign aid out? You act like it should be expected and for A LOT more...

You keep saying you love your country. What country is that? I'm now asking a 3rd time...sigh

Monetary is one of many areas where the US helps the world... You call me deluded, but you seem to be drinking a lot of the "I want to crap on the US kool-aid"..... I have opened my eyes, I understand that my Govt. sucks major d***, I'm not defending the dbags in my nations capital and I'm also understanding that my Govt. doesn't define the country I live in. If you are judging my country off a few at my nations capital, I just feel sorry for you...

And go to any country and you will find their Govt's doing questionable things... USA is not alone here, but I can see from my time spent here on ATS that they are a fun target for a small group of people like you...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join